SynthMaster, is it worth it?

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
SynthMaster 2 SynthMaster One

Estimate release date of Synthmaster 3?
Looking forward to the release!!!

Kalamata Kid wrote: Thu Apr 18, 2019 1:46 pm Estimate release date of Synthmaster 3?
Looking forward to the release!!!
Once I finish my work on SynthMaster One iOS updates including SynthMaster One for iPhone and crossplatform cloud sync support, I'm moving 100% to SM3 development. Estimate for a beta: 4-5 months.

BTW, we have SM 2.9 coming up for iOS at the end of 2019.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Works at KV331 Audio
SynthMaster voted #1 in MusicRadar's "Best Synth of 2019" poll
SynthMaster One voted #4 in MusicRadar's "Best Synth of 2019" poll

I just bought the bundle of SM 2.9 and SM One, here are my first impressions. Overall, I like them and though I haven't started programming yet (just auditioned presets and have played through them). SM1 has a much better UI and I hope that SM2.9 gets an overhauled UI in 3.0. I got the big bundle so that I'd get the free upgrade to 3.0 when it is released.

There are some really beautiful sound in there, but I'd say that the vast majority of the presets sound thin to me. I'm not into EDM, so maybe others would appreciate that stuff more. As I auditioned presets, the designer who I could always pick out was Arksun (presets end in "ARK") and whoever that is did a really good job at showing what is possible with the character of this synth.

The preset system and downloads are not very well implemented. I've got thousands of presets, but not sure yet if I actually downloaded them all. SM1 has a star system for favorites which I like, but 2.9's weird right click is not very good, though I did figure it out. I just want to save a few favorites before starting to make my own.

I'm looking forward to 3.0 and will probably spend more time in One until it comes out. I hope they make it more intuitive and streamlined, especially with the presets and libraries.

Angle Loss wrote: Thu Apr 18, 2019 1:54 pm I've got thousands of presets, but not sure yet if I actually downloaded them all.
If you see the presets listed, then that means they're downloaded and installed on your system :

Also, the bank/products you purchased are listed under "Purchased" products list. I can add color coding to show which ones are installed already.

We really tried to make downloading/installing presets banks "as simple as possible" , like the Apple AppStore.
Works at KV331 Audio
SynthMaster voted #1 in MusicRadar's "Best Synth of 2019" poll
SynthMaster One voted #4 in MusicRadar's "Best Synth of 2019" poll

kv331 wrote: Thu Apr 18, 2019 1:57 pm
Angle Loss wrote: Thu Apr 18, 2019 1:54 pm I've got thousands of presets, but not sure yet if I actually downloaded them all.
If you see the presets listed, then that means they're downloaded and installed on your system :

Also, the bank/products you purchased are listed under "Purchased" products list. I can add color coding to show which ones are installed already.

We really tried to make downloading/installing presets banks "as simple as possible" , like the Apple AppStore.
now the website works, synthmaster works, first impression: good workflow, excellent for making your own presets, with a overload of possibilities, i like.

synthmaster 2.9 i mean, to be clear.

Spencer Maddox wrote: Thu Apr 18, 2019 1:45 pm Well the problem is your using FL Studio :party:
Kidding Kidding :hihi: I kid FL.
What are the specs on your system however? Just curious.
Windows10, x64, latest. Corei7 4790K@5GHz, 16GB RAM, RX480 with latest drivers, UR28M from Steinberg with latest drivers.
I don't believe there is something wrong spec-wise. Cause it has worked way more stable in the past. And other synths work like a charm. From Rapid (@60Hz), to Falcon, to Harmor (VSTI), to Reaktor (and all other NI synths), to Pigments (and all other Arturia synths), to Largo, to all Tone2 stuff, to.....etc.....

exmatproton wrote: Thu Apr 18, 2019 3:24 pm
Spencer Maddox wrote: Thu Apr 18, 2019 1:45 pm Well the problem is your using FL Studio :party:
Kidding Kidding :hihi: I kid FL.
What are the specs on your system however? Just curious.
Windows10, x64, latest. Corei7 4790K@5GHz, 16GB RAM, RX480 with latest drivers, UR28M from Steinberg with latest drivers.
I don't believe there is something wrong spec-wise. Cause it has worked way more stable in the past. And other synths work like a charm. From Rapid (@60Hz), to Falcon, to Harmor (VSTI), to Reaktor (and all other NI synths), to Pigments (and all other Arturia synths), to Largo, to all Tone2 stuff, to.....etc.....
No those are all good specs. Huh...Rather Odd. Especially since stuff like Pigments is usually MUCH more graphic demanding then SM...

I assume you've tried reinstalling it right?
Not Official SM Support btw so if anyone wants to jump in with more valuable info be my guest.
Odd that Both their Synths have issues with that setup...Computers are weird...
The post above this is likely bait, viewer discretion is advised.

kv331 wrote: Thu Apr 18, 2019 1:57 pm

Just FYI, but the store and "purchased" products list are missing in SM 2.9 for the satYatunes skins. They just show the installed banks. The default skins function correctly in this regard.
Windows 10 and too many plugins

One of the better synths around and probably the best value. You can't go wrong with it.
I will take the Lord's name in vain, whenever I want. Hail Satan! And his little goblins too. :lol:

Robmobius wrote: Thu Apr 18, 2019 5:08 pm One of the better synths around and probably the best value. You can't go wrong with it.
Surge, to me, has the best value. LOADS of options/features while it's free!

I just bought Snythmaster 2.9. Love it. Immediately found the xy pad and started playing around and got some real nice music from it

exmatproton wrote: Thu Apr 18, 2019 6:44 pm
Robmobius wrote: Thu Apr 18, 2019 5:08 pm One of the better synths around and probably the best value. You can't go wrong with it.
Surge started as a commercial synth before kurasu decided to make it Open Source. While it is free now, most(or almost all of the functionality) of the code-base was developed while it was commercial and sold as Vember Surge. I really like Surge and am using it for the OSC this month. But would you have said the same about Surge had it still been a commercial synth with that small and unscalable GUI (that it had before)?

Also, not sure why would you bring that up in a Synthmaster thread?

Synthmaster 2.9 is one of those synths that I use almost all the time. It is one of the first soft synths I ever got that I had to pay for. It can do just about anything. The UI can be a little daunting at first but eventually, you'll get used to it.

I haven't read through the whole thread but I can't imagine one person saying it's a bad value.

exponent1 wrote: Thu Apr 18, 2019 7:02 pm
exmatproton wrote: Thu Apr 18, 2019 6:44 pm
Surge started as a commercial synth before kurasu decided to make it Open Source. While it is free now, most(or almost all of the functionality) of the code-base was developed while it was commercial and sold as Vember Surge. I really like Surge and am using it for the OSC this month. But would you have said the same about Surge had it still been a commercial synth with that small and unscalable GUI (that it had before)?

Also, not sure why would you bring that up in a Synthmaster thread?
First point; it is free now. What is probably the best value synth out there? my answer; Surge.
Second point; the whole thread talks about it if it is one of the best valued synths out there. To me, and i can ventilate that here, it is not. Not by a long shot. It is, again, in my case, very buggy. An alternative is Surge.

wagtunes wrote: Thu Apr 18, 2019 7:04 pm Synthmaster 2.9 is one of those synths that I use almost all the time. It is one of the first soft synths I ever got that I had to pay for. It can do just about anything. The UI can be a little daunting at first but eventually, you'll get used to it.

I haven't read through the whole thread but I can't imagine one person saying it's a bad value.
why didnt you have to pay for all the other gazillon synths that you have?

Return to “Instruments”