Loopcloud vs. ADSR Sample Manager vs. Sounds.com

Sampler and Sampling discussion (techniques, tips and tricks, etc.)
RELATED
PRODUCTS

There is also the Komplete browser by Native Instruments which is primarily a gateway into the NI environment.

Right now Loopcloud seems to be the most advanced in terms of functionality, especially since it includes basic sampler functions to chop and map samples.

Does anyone know whether I can also use Loopcloud when I'm offline (with the local content I have on my HDD)? Or does it require internet access every time I start it?

planetearth wrote: Mon Apr 15, 2019 10:31 pm I tried ADSR's over the weekend, as I was downloading Loopcloud's. I found ADSR's to be quite limited in the types of files it recognizes, and the amount of info it gives you about the loop. For example, it doesn't recognize .REX, .FLAC, .OGG or other audio file formats, and it doesn't show you the path to the loop, in case you want to get to the file itself. Other than that, it's pretty quick at the initial indexing (in my case, anyway), and quick to use.
Steve
Not sure which version you have, but recent versions of ADSR Sample Manager support both .ogg and .flac. No .rex support yet.

You can also right click the file either in the list or the player section and show in finder / explorer.

Loopcloud should work well offline. We designed it with that in mind. However, it doesn't get so much testing in that configuration, so any problems let me know!

Return to “Samplers, Sampling & Sample Libraries”