Valhalla Delay released

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Effects Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
ValhallaDelay

Tappistry wrote: Thu Apr 18, 2019 7:47 pm
yehboy1 wrote: Thu Apr 18, 2019 7:12 pm It's funny that there are people that believe in stuff like the golden ratio.
Let’s see who takes this troll bait.
No need. I already know this place is inhabited by idiots. And today they're out in full force.

thecontrolcentre wrote: Thu Apr 18, 2019 6:48 pm You need to put it down to refill it occasionally ...
Buzz kill

Well if Sean needs a new product, sounds like it’s time for the ValhallaBong

Caine123 wrote: Thu Apr 18, 2019 8:01 pm I dunno if i will buy it cause i got other delays but whats your problem to not accept people who want a noisefree option ? Why shall you need noise everywhere? 2019 and restricted in options...
I don’t know who that’s directed at but my own take is that even with a noise free option implemented, it still doesn’t have the function of every delay, which means you already need to reach for another day to get specific results.

And in 2019.... we already have so many delays. The first 30 pages of this thread are mostly about people saying they already have too many delays.

So, why is it that you wouldn’t reach for a different delay especially when the thing that makes ValhallaDelay unique, is the sound it achieves.

A clean mode is pretty much almost every other delay.

Then if you think about it more... most of this was modeled after hardware, and like hardware, if you want a different sound you use a different delay.

There’s nothing wrong with using different tools to achieve different results.

Leander wrote: Thu Apr 18, 2019 7:44 pm Error/Bug : Long "Feedback" (99%) suddenly stop after about 10 seconds in the BUY version. Can anybody confirm this?(Buy version)
Everything below 100% wil gradually fade out .,that why we can go to 200% :tu:
Eyeball exchanging
Soul calibrating ..frequencies

gentleclockdivider wrote: Thu Apr 18, 2019 8:24 pm
Leander wrote: Thu Apr 18, 2019 7:44 pm Error/Bug : Long "Feedback" (99%) suddenly stop after about 10 seconds in the BUY version. Can anybody confirm this?(Buy version)
sorry, i meant from 120% on, it stops all of a sudden !! :eek: :roll:

Tappistry wrote: Thu Apr 18, 2019 7:47 pm
yehboy1 wrote: Thu Apr 18, 2019 7:12 pm It's funny that there are people that believe in stuff like the golden ratio.
Let’s see who takes this troll bait.
Damn, look at this mathematician on BBC trolling us.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fitLT-atk-g

sorry, i meant from 120% on (Feedback), it stops all of a sudden !! :eek: :roll:
Be sure to try a ONE-SHOT sample !!

double post :clown:
Last edited by NAD on Fri Apr 19, 2019 5:00 am, edited 1 time in total.

Leander wrote: Thu Apr 18, 2019 8:38 pm
gentleclockdivider wrote: Thu Apr 18, 2019 8:24 pm
sorry, i meant from 120% on, it stops all of a sudden !! :eek: :roll:
Can you post a screenshot of your settings , or upload th epreset >
I can not replicate the bug over here .
Eyeball exchanging
Soul calibrating ..frequencies

Well, nobody asked but here are some of my thoughts:
  • Would be nice to have cross-feedback in dual mode, (though I realize Sean probably isn't keen on adding more knobs...)
  • Age and Era though technically different are still kinda easy to confuse.
  • Selecting dotted notes from the drop-down menu feels a bit clunky.
  • arcDev ET-301 had a tone knob that sort of acted like a band-pass filter in the delay path. It was super fun to automate and I've never seen that in any other delay plugin. Would be really nice to have that in BBD mode (though, again, another knob....)
  • Oh, and one more thing: Variable sample-rate in digital mode would be cool.
Well, those are all my complaints. Aside from that this delay is definitely looking like "The One" for me.

Can you post a screenshot of your settings , or upload th epreset >
I can not replicate the bug over here .

Be sure to try a ONE-SHOT sample !!
Bug: Long "Feedback" (from 120%) suddenly stop after about 10 seconds in the BUY version. Can anybody confirm this?(Buy version)
Bug: VST3-Version only
Last edited by Leander on Fri Apr 19, 2019 11:11 am, edited 1 time in total.

NAD wrote: Thu Apr 18, 2019 9:19 pm Well, nobody asked but here are some of my thoughts:
  • Would be nice to have cross-feedback in dual mode, (though I realize Sean probably isn't keen on adding more knobs...)
  • Age and Era though technically different are still kinda easy to confuse.
  • Selecting dotted notes from the drop-down menu feels a bit clunky.
  • arcDev ET-301 had a tone knob that sort of acted like a band-pass filter in the delay path. It was super fun to automate and I've never seen that in any other delay plugin. Would be really nice to have that in BBD mode (though, again, another knob....)
  • Oh, and one more thing: Variable sample-rate in digital mode would be cool.
Well, those are all my complaints. Aside from that this delay is definitely looking like "The One" for me.
A ducker would be nice

Leander wrote: Thu Apr 18, 2019 9:46 pm Bug: Long "Feedback" (from 120%) suddenly stop after about 10 seconds in the BUY version. Can anybody confirm this?(Buy version)
I just checked your settings on version 1.0.1, then updated to 1.0.3v2.
The feedback works properly, without any sudden stopping.
(Windows 10, Reaper 5.974)

Strange we haven't heard from Sean, haven't seen him post here in a while actually. Did one
of you delinquent KVR members piss him off or something? :smack:

We've updated ValhallaDelay to version 1.0.3v2.

Changes since initial 1.0.1 release:
  • Reduced feedback noise in BBD mode. For minimum noise, turn Age down to 0%. We've seen a 50 dB improvement in the noise floor, compared to the 1.0.1 version.
  • Fixed bug in VST3 / Cubase 10 with loading presets
  • New Windows installer, with improved default VST 2.4 installation locations, and the ability to select VST3 installation location.

If you've already purchased ValhallaDelay, just log into your user account and grab the 1.0.3v2 installers. New purchasers get the 1.0.3 installers by default. The demo links have been updated to 1.0.3 as well.
Don Gunn
ValhallaDSP Support

Return to “Effects”