Hive 2 is coming!

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Locked New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
Hive 2

dioxine wrote: Thu Apr 18, 2019 10:27 am Hello everyone! Urs, what about adding LFO or Envelope movements as variables to that wavetable creation scripting engine in realtime ?
There is an envelope in the scripting engine. LFOs are also very simple expressions.

cytospur wrote: Thu Apr 18, 2019 10:35 amI'm guessing that's pushing it a bit too far :P
Yes.

I want to avoid anything that makes loading a wavetable take 2 minutes.

Good stuff can be done by simple means. Calling a function from within a loop (and that is what the scripting actually does) is essentially the same as splitting the function into "argument" and "function". So you can pretty much do anything a function would by splitting your code into two lines. One to calculate the argument(s) on 1-3 buffers, so up to 3 arguments. Next to calculate what the function does, accessing those 3 buffers. Calling the function multiple times is a simple copy/paste operation.

Note that while uhm only ever has three buffers (main, aux1, aux2), you can save intermediate results to .wav and load it back into these buffers at any time.

But yeah, that's also pushing it a bit too far.

It's fine. I've been doing exactly as you say using aux1 and aux2. It's great as is!
Wavetables for DUNE2/3, Blofeld, IL Harmor, Hive and Serum etc: http://charlesdickens.neocities.org/
£10 for lifetime updates including wavetable editor for Windows.

Music: https://soundcloud.com/markholt

BONES wrote: Thu Apr 18, 2019 3:15 am I would never consciously choose a wavetable oscillators in either Hive or DUNE. They just don't do anything interesting enough, especially when I can replicate the functionality perfectly in a $200 hardware analogue synth (Uno) just by turning a knob. I might be de rigour at the moment but it's a fad that will pass, hopefully soon. We've had one in Orion since forever, and I've collected more than 100 wavetables for it, but I only ever use it when I want the 3 oscillators it has, never for its wavetables, most of which sound the bloody same anyway.
I have no words for this
Screen Shot 2019-03-22 at 9.34.36 AM.png
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
The post above this is likely bait, viewer discretion is advised.

Just block BONES. You'll find the collective IQ here jumps by high double digits when you do. :wink:

Anyway I'm a bit under the weather today so don't have the energy to spend much time but I notice that no one was willing to upload an actual WT made with the scripting to show what can be done in the hands of the experts.

I just thought a little sharing in the spirit of community would be fun while we wait for Hive 2 to drop.

Yes I'm aware of the built in WT's in the current version of Hive some of which I do like a lot. I used some of them to make these presets and more:
Teksonik Hive 2.zip
Ok I've got to go lay back down. Fighting an ear infection....... :drunk:
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
None are so hopelessly enslaved as those who falsely believe they are free. Johann Wolfgang von Goethe

Teksonik wrote: Thu Apr 18, 2019 7:21 pm I notice that no one was willing to upload an actual WT made with the scripting to show what can be done in the hands of the experts.
does it come with some included in the factory banks? you would assume they were made by the experts....
Teksonik wrote: Thu Apr 18, 2019 7:21 pm Yes I'm aware of the built in WT's in the current version of Hive some of which I do like a lot.

... ah yes, there you go then, answered your own question

:P

Teksonik wrote: Thu Apr 18, 2019 7:21 pmOk I've got to go lay back down. Fighting an ear infection....... :drunk:
May you recover quickly

Teksonik wrote: Thu Apr 18, 2019 7:21 pm Just block BONES. You'll find the collective IQ here jumps by high double digits when you do. :wink:
Off-topic: :hihi: Sorry for this question, but how do we block people here? I can add as foes, but that just hides their posts. I want to completely eliminate all traces of the people whom I want to block. :D

that's the best you can do ^^^^^

tek, c'mon you could have left it at "just block BONES" the rest really doesn't really make you shine and just when I thought I could shut off notifications on this thread :?
The highest form of knowledge is empathy, for it requires us to suspend our egos and live in another's world. It requires profound, purpose‐larger‐than‐the‐self kind of understanding.

Hink wrote: Thu Apr 18, 2019 8:23 pm that's the best you can do ^^^^^
:(

exponent1 wrote: Thu Apr 18, 2019 8:37 pm
Hink wrote: Thu Apr 18, 2019 8:23 pm that's the best you can do ^^^^^
:(
the problem with muting/foe list is it doesn't erase quotes and even if it did it would stop people from putting other member's posts in quotes. :shrug:
The highest form of knowledge is empathy, for it requires us to suspend our egos and live in another's world. It requires profound, purpose‐larger‐than‐the‐self kind of understanding.

Spencer Maddox wrote: Thu Apr 18, 2019 2:02 pm I have no words for this
I'll help you out - fact, truth, unbiased.
AnX wrote: Thu Apr 18, 2019 5:20 amno, told you this before. all it does is volume crossfade wav files (osp) You can actually use the samples in the Sampler too
if you want WT, then its Wavefusion synth
All well and good, except we were talking about wave sequencing, and Ultran in particular, not wavetables. Also, if you look in your Samples folder in Orion, you'll see that all the content with an "ULT" prefix are soundfonts, not .osp files, although I imagine OSPs will probably work, too.
NOVAkILL : Asus RoG Flow Z13, Core i9, 16GB RAM, Win11 | EVO 16 | Studio One | bx_oberhausen, GR-8, JP6K, Union, Hexeract, Olga, TRK-01, SEM, BA-1, Thorn, Prestige, Spire, Legend-HZ, ANA-2, VG Iron 2 | Uno Pro, Rocket.

Teksonik wrote: Thu Apr 18, 2019 7:21 pm Just block BONES. You'll find the collective IQ here jumps by high double digits when you do.
I've got a better idea, make a compelling counter-argument. In this particular instance it should be the easiest thing in the world - show me a wavetable that does something worthwhile that's unique and can't be done another way.

It's not hard to win an argument, you just have to have a few facts to throw at it, rather than uninformed speculation. Teksonik is really shithouse at this, I don't think he'd recognise a fact if it walked up and punched him in his stupid face. He seems to live his entire life fact-free. Seriously, read any of his posts, all you ever get is invective and personal opinion.
NOVAkILL : Asus RoG Flow Z13, Core i9, 16GB RAM, Win11 | EVO 16 | Studio One | bx_oberhausen, GR-8, JP6K, Union, Hexeract, Olga, TRK-01, SEM, BA-1, Thorn, Prestige, Spire, Legend-HZ, ANA-2, VG Iron 2 | Uno Pro, Rocket.

BONES wrote: Fri Apr 19, 2019 11:16 am
Spencer Maddox wrote: Thu Apr 18, 2019 2:02 pm I have no words for this
I'll help you out - fact, truth, unbiased.
AnX wrote: Thu Apr 18, 2019 5:20 amno, told you this before. all it does is volume crossfade wav files (osp) You can actually use the samples in the Sampler too
if you want WT, then its Wavefusion synth
All well and good, except we were talking about wave sequencing, and Ultran in particular, not wavetables. Also, if you look in your Samples folder in Orion, you'll see that all the content with an "ULT" prefix are soundfonts, not .osp files, although I imagine OSPs will probably work, too.
soundfonts are wav files, and yes, osp files work too. i know cos a made a shit lioad and even put up a tutorial years ago

AnX wrote: Thu Apr 18, 2019 7:46 pm does it come with some included in the factory banks? you would assume they were made by the experts....
I meant some additional or new Wavetables that anyone who can use the Scripting system might have made recently that are not included with the factory tables which I have obviously used before.

I thought it would be interesting to check them out and see how they sound in action while we're eagerly awaiting the release of Hive 2.

Sorry to everyone for being interested in actually using the plugin instead of just talking about it.... :shrug:
pdxindy wrote: Thu Apr 18, 2019 8:10 pm May you recover quickly
Thanks feeling much better today......... :wheee:
None are so hopelessly enslaved as those who falsely believe they are free. Johann Wolfgang von Goethe

Return to “Instruments”