Zone by Audiaire

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
The Earth Sounds Expansion Zone

They should change the first page to the new price....(£89)

It would be nice if there was a forum for Audiaire (Zone) on KVR or anywhere- I have a few feature requests!!

1) User wavetables - I have all mine in folders but Zone just shows them as a massive list!
2) It would be really helpful to see the animation of at least the wavetables (if not the knobs)- helps to visualise what's going on....
3) Routing on sub and noise (ability to load samples to noise like Serum)
X32 Desk, i9 PC, S49MK2, Studio One, BWS, Live 12. PUSH 3 SA, Osmose, Summit, Pro 3, Prophet8, Syntakt, Digitone, Drumlogue, OP1-F, Eurorack, TD27 Drums, Nord Drum3P, Guitars, Basses, Amps and of course lots of pedals!

I think I may get this. I am asking for another demo, because I did not give it much of a chance before.
my music: http://www.alexcooperusa.com
"It's hard to be humble, when you're as great as I am." Muhammad Ali

I would recommend it at £89. Its still very new and obviusly there are a lot of things that can be improved, but the signs are that this will (and is) happening. Its the companies only VST so I guess it has their full attention :D

Obviusly at its heart it is a 2 OSC wavetable synth such as Serum etc, a field with a lot of very strong competition, but in my opinion the sequencer/parameter lanes do just enough to make it unique and worth having- its nothing that cant be done other ways, but it is fast and you get good movement very easily and I have found some unique sounds working this way (very modular like) so for me its :tu:
X32 Desk, i9 PC, S49MK2, Studio One, BWS, Live 12. PUSH 3 SA, Osmose, Summit, Pro 3, Prophet8, Syntakt, Digitone, Drumlogue, OP1-F, Eurorack, TD27 Drums, Nord Drum3P, Guitars, Basses, Amps and of course lots of pedals!

It says $115 US but when I go to checkout, it says over $120.
my music: http://www.alexcooperusa.com
"It's hard to be humble, when you're as great as I am." Muhammad Ali

The USD price is linked to the GBP price according to the daily exchange rate as Shopify doesn’t currently allow us to specify UK and US prices individually in different currencies. Since Audiaire is a UK based company our price is in GBP. So the USD price is whatever the £89 GBP price is converted to USD on that specific day. The rate currently has it at $117 as of this morning.

The synth is amazing but like a few users here, I'm having severe CPU issues that make it unplayable.

I'm demo'ing version 1.1.3 from Splice in Windows 10 through FL Studio 12 on an 3.5ghz AMD FX-8350 8 core CPU with 16GB DDR3 RAM, which core clocks at 3700.

On Normal, around 50% of the presets show 50%-70% CPU usage with just 2 note chords. Several of the presets take me up to 90%. On Eco, the situation improves little - almost all hover around 50%.

Knowing nothing about software engineering, I can only say it behaves the exact same way as u-he plugins when multicore isn't engaged. However, Repro-5 and Diva run like champs in my DAW and the issue is not my PC. Also, the old adage should hold - for every consumer that writes you can assume there's a thousand with the same problem that didn't. My point is - I doubt this is as anomalous as it may seem.

My other point is - awesome synth! Please help! Really want to use it and buy it but can't.

Hi, sorry to hear you’re having issues with CPU usage. We are not seeing anything like what you’ve mentioned and certainly nothing has been reported to our tech support team since v1.1.2 onwards

Can you email us at support@audiaire.com with more detailed information about which features specifically are causing spiking? Obviously a patch with 5 or 6 unison voices playing complex chords will play on CPU load but you certainly shouldn’t be having this on every patch. Please also download the free v1.1.4 update. This is already available on our site and should be on Splice within the next day or so.

Thanks for the reply. I'll email support and see if this can get sorted once I grab the update.

xfghgfcxghjkvckjyvhklvyhjl
Last edited by Obsolete317542 on Sat Jul 18, 2020 11:45 am, edited 1 time in total.

Zone is a joy to program and sounds great. Also great GUI. Wish my DAWs had this quality and clean GUI :)

Eclectus, I hadn't thought of that at all. I do have Nvidia. However, I disabled the multi core optimization to no avail. Patches like LoFi Strings are still hitting my CPU for 80 percent with just 2 note chords. I expect pads to hit pretty hard but I've never had this happen before. CPU-Z shows it's definitely not my processor itself. Maybe some other compatibility issue. Will contact support as I really do love the synth's capabilities and sounds. Thanks for the tip, though.

Thanks guys. Dedicated to figuring this out. It’s not good to hear a user is hitting such high CPU values. At present we are pushing out new updates on average once a month and on every occasion try our hardest to respond to user feedback and add major feature requests to each update (we have added over 60 new features since launching in September). The point being - every bit of feedback I receive is noted and taken incredibly seriously. Zone is a passion project first and foremost.. my main objective is to ensure it gives users as much enjoyment as it has me and the developers are nothing short of brilliant. I have absolute confidence that we’ll track your issue down and fix it promptly. SR

ho God I just try the demo ! this synth is VERY impressive !

Hi all, We've just released Zone v1.1.5. We are seeing significant CPU reduction on unison voice use. In testing we saw up to 20% CPU reduction on patches with 2 or more unison voices, such as the 'Atmospatial' preset. The update is of course free for all users.

iLok users can download the trial and install over existing build:

https://www.audiaire.com/store/products/zone/

Splice users can update in app by clicking 'update'

New trial users can use the link above.

S

Thought I'd take another look at Zone, but the demo killed my Live 10 (mac) twice within 5 mins. Once changing preset, once changing quality setting.

Return to “Instruments”