Valhalla Delay released

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Effects Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
ValhallaDelay

Liero wrote: Fri Apr 19, 2019 9:40 am Personal, subjective comments on the sound:

This plugin definitely sounds good, but I'm not seeing it being a head above the rest or anything. Especially if you're a Bitwig user, where you can custom make your very own feedback fx chain in its built-in delay plugins, ValhallaDelay doesn't really have anything to offer over that. Unless, of course, you don't own any other third party tape/saturation/pitch etc. effects to use in your custom chain.

The speed at which you can get good results is impressive. Other than that, it's just a very good, orthodox delay plugin, in an ocean of delay plugins.
So can reaktor , but I don't think that's the point .
Bitwig has only high level modules/black boxes , and dropping (frequency shifter /picth shifter/etc.. ) these in delays feedback loop will probably get you in the same ballpark ..which may or may not be good enough for you .
Vallhalla delay has a lot more happening under the hood ..but to each their own
I love it
Last edited by gentleclockdivider on Fri Apr 19, 2019 12:51 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Eyeball exchanging
Soul calibrating ..frequencies

Hadrondrift wrote: Fri Apr 19, 2019 11:28 am
Leander wrote: Thu Apr 18, 2019 7:44 pm Error/Bug : Long "Feedback" (120%) suddenly stop after about 10 seconds in the BUY version. Can anybody confirm this?(Buy version)
Can confirm this in Cubase, seems to be a problem depending on the VST3 auto disable feature. Don't use the VST3-Version of ValhallaDelay (my personal recommendation), disable this VST3-feature in Cubase/Wavelab/..., or, well, live with it. I would not classify this as bug, although, admittedly, it's an irritating behavior.

Just for information: u-he's Colour Copy (VST3) shows the same behavior. Melda delays do not.
Unfortunately, both versions (VST2-VST3) can not be installed and viewed simultaneously in Cubase (9.5XX). Either only VST2 - or VST3 !! :( :?

david.beholder wrote: Fri Apr 19, 2019 4:15 am
foosnark wrote: Fri Apr 19, 2019 2:45 am I thought about that too, and I also thought "I'll just put it in a send" too :D
And then if one wants compress both dry and wet at the same it's not possible anymore.
It's not just possible, it's easy enough in Maschine and probably several other DAWs. Use 3 channels.
egbert wrote: Fri Apr 19, 2019 12:21 pm One feature I would like to see - pretty small thing - being able to lock Feedback level by clicking on its label - as with the Mix control.
I find the desired feedback level is very dependent on other settings... a little different EQ profile and you'll want to change the feedback level. Mix is relatively independent, by comparison.

Leander wrote: Fri Apr 19, 2019 12:28 pm Unfortunately, both versions (VST2-VST3) can not be installed and viewed simultaneously in Cubase (9.5XX). Either only VST2 - or VST3 !! :( :?
VST3 "wins" over VST2 if Cubase has detected both plugin variants, I think. What I did: Installed both variants of ValhallaDelay and then renamed the VST3-Version in "C:\Program Files\Common Files\VST3" to "ValhallaDelay.vst3.disabled".

Hadrondrift wrote: Fri Apr 19, 2019 1:19 pm
Leander wrote: Fri Apr 19, 2019 12:28 pm Unfortunately, both versions (VST2-VST3) can not be installed and viewed simultaneously in Cubase (9.5XX). Either only VST2 - or VST3 !! :( :?
VST3 "wins" over VST2 if Cubase has detected both plugin variants, I think. What I did: Installed both variants of ValhallaDelay and then renamed the VST3-Version in "C:\Program Files\Common Files\VST3" to "ValhallaDelay.vst3.disabled".
sehr coole Idee ! :D :tu: Dadurch kann man mal schnell, wenn es notwendig wird, switchen. :D

Hadrondrift wrote: Fri Apr 19, 2019 1:19 pm
It's a choice developers can make. If they use the same VSTID, the two plugins will not live side-by-side if they have the same name. The benefit to this approach is that if your old project used the VST2 version, and years later you only have the VST3 installed, the VST3 will pick right up where the VST2 left off and recall without issue. The downside is, if one platform is buggy (as VST3 often is), you'll have to either delete it, or rename one of the files to trick the DAW into seeing it. The problem with the rename approach is that you'll have to do this after each and every update to the plugin, and remember to do that for years to come.

I prefer when they don't share plugin ID's personally, but each developer handles this differently, and VST3 is slowly becoming more stable.

egbert

nice idea
Member 12, Studio One v6.5, VPS Avenger, Kontakt 7, Spitfire, Dune, Arturia, Sonible, Baby Audio, CableGuys, Nektar Panorama P1, Vaporizer 2 to test out

kevvvvv wrote: Fri Apr 19, 2019 3:51 pm egbert

nice idea
Thanks, Kev.
Most of the presets I am loading have 80% or so as the feedback setting. These sound very good noodling on U-He Repro1 or whatever. In a different context I might want to trim that back to 30% or so. I agree with foosnark's point that the exact percentage needed would be different in different models/presets. Still, getting straight into the right sort of ballpark would be be fine for me as a new starting point for adjustment or fine tuning.

I like this delay a lot. It's really good for radical sound transformation https://www.instagram.com/p/BweLpwPiNpS/
https://spektralisk.com/products | Sound libraries for: Massive X, Pigments, Vital, Razor, Kontour and more | Free sounds → Sound Flux

Valhalla plug-ins are my favorite and I've been using them for years now. I was happy to see this released and picked it up. I just posted a video demoing some of the sounds with guitar. When I get around to it, I'd like to do a track using it with my Moog One.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GhJWqVP1V-w

foosnark wrote: Fri Apr 19, 2019 1:05 pm
david.beholder wrote: Fri Apr 19, 2019 4:15 am
foosnark wrote: Fri Apr 19, 2019 2:45 am I thought about that too, and I also thought "I'll just put it in a send" too :D
And then if one wants compress both dry and wet at the same it's not possible anymore.
It's not just possible, it's easy enough in Maschine and probably several other DAWs. Use 3 channels.
One channel in ableton with lot of racks and controls. But both ducking and input on/off seem reasonable, convenient and implemented among other delay makers (ableton echo, u-he color copy).
Murderous duck!

20 second delay loop:

https://soundcloud.com/synth-presets-co ... halladelay

Now if it just had a freeze button it would be loop city.

Well this thing turned out great. I don’t think I really “needed” it, but it’s so ridiculously easy to get a real cool sound out of it, so th 50 bucks is probably worth the time savings. I still have many way more complex delays for when I need to pull off something that this won’t do. Also I like Valhalla DSP as a company so I’m always happy to support them.

I would like to see some modulation shaping added, and a mode where changing the time doesn’t change the pitch would be cool.

Anyway this is another great, incredibly easy to use plugin from Sean. The pitch reverse mode is especially fun.
Don't F**K with Mr. Zero.

i love the valhalla plugins, and this one is as good as the others; am still exploring it, but there's so much potential... and some really-great presets. one of my fave developers...

fisherKing wrote: Sun Apr 21, 2019 6:53 pm i love the valhalla plugins, and this one is as good as the others; am still exploring it, but there's so much potential... and some really-great presets. one of my fave developers...
I'm a big Valhalla fan, but this is a big leap forward in terms of quality IMO. I can't point to a better sounding delay in my plugin folder than this. It's really on another level.

Return to “Effects”