Muff Wiggler is down.

Anything about MUSIC but doesn't fit into the forums above.
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Chuck E. Jesus wrote:excellent, now i can catch up on the Plan B hate :hihi:
Now it comes with YouTube videos!!! :hyper:

Is it down again?

Almost exactly 10 years later too. Trippy.
"I was wondering if you'd like to try Magic Mushrooms"
"Oooh I dont know. Sounds a bit scary"
"It's not scary. You just lose a sense of who you are and all that sh!t"

i miss chuck :(

Update from one of the admins (sduck) in case anyone here hasn’t seen it yet:

Yes, the forum is down. No, it's not the end of the world. (this is sduck from the forum, one of the admins) Here's what's up: the forum is down because the bill hasn't been paid. It's several months behind, and is fairly substantial. Several times in the past when this has happened, I've bailed it out, with promises that I'd be repaid. As this has never happened, and the owner has stopped responding to my messages, I'm not inclined to bail it out again. Note: if you are a patreon backer, it's probably time to cancel your payment - it's not going to the right place apparently. Backups of the site exist, and fresh ones are being made. so hopefully the site will be back up in some form, maybe soon, maybe not so soon.
In the meantime, go and make some great music! That's what this is all about! (not the shutdown, you know what I mean)

i don't think it's going to come back unless mike muffwiggler sells the site to someone. maybe analogue haven can buy it... or someone sane willing to change the name and update the stupid forum code and do something reasonable to cover the expense like selling banner ads.

vurt wrote: Sun Apr 21, 2019 7:10 pmi miss chuck :(
you and me both...every so oftn I would get a call on the phone and it would be chuck (ross), he would always yell HINK as loud as he could :hihi: He was a great guy, reminded me of one of my oldest friends. Miss him a lot, we had great talks :(
The highest form of knowledge is empathy, for it requires us to suspend our egos and live in another's world. It requires profound, purpose‐larger‐than‐the‐self kind of understanding.

Thanks for the info martinjuenke, if site doesn't come back I'll definitely miss it. It's my most visited website, this one being second....weird how it happened...
Ableton Live 10 / Push

Well, that sucks to hear. Unfortunately, I can't say that it wasn't anticipated. I contributed what I could to that community but those involved will find other ways to interact.
Glad to hear that the backups are current and there is always the wayback machine. The DIY section alone is an invaluable resource.

Lol I just signed up like a week ago.

I’m sorry to that. I was pretty active on MW for a number of years, and it really became the focal point for the initial explosion of the Eurorack format, as well as all things modular and synth in general. My interest has been waning for a while now, and I’ve probably only visited once or twice in the past year. KVR and Facebook seem to be my main ports of call these days. The way Mike ran that forum and the choices he made were at once both its strengths and weaknesses. It would be great to see someone else take up the mantle and make the necessary changes to keep it viable for the long term.
Incomplete list of my gear: 1/8" audio input jack.

I was half expecting this after the call for donations in December to keep the site alive, and people asked about transparency and none was forthcoming.

It was a useful resource, and I learned a lot from it and participated a lot... but it had plenty of issues. I hope something better rises to take its place, instead of Facebook becoming the default for that community.

I just read on fb about the past due being taken care of, the future going forward still seems a bit uncertain but perhaps reason for some optimism.
The highest form of knowledge is empathy, for it requires us to suspend our egos and live in another's world. It requires profound, purpose‐larger‐than‐the‐self kind of understanding.

pekbro wrote: Sun Apr 21, 2019 9:13 pm Lol I just signed up like a week ago.
you broke it you pay for it!

I wonder how much the webspace for a forum costs in a month. Can't be that much, can it?

Return to “Everything Else (Music related)”