Mulab 8:This is by far the best timestretch algo of all DAWs!!!

Audio Plugin Hosts and other audio software applications discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Last edited by Vortifex on Mon May 17, 2021 12:57 pm, edited 1 time in total.

The (lack of) PDC is partly down to the complex routing that's possible - multiple audio paths can lead to the same place, so calculating the multiple latencies across each node in the graph could end up incredibly confusing.

dakkra wrote: Sun Apr 21, 2019 4:49 pm https://soundcloud.com/dakkra/falcon-ir ... ith-slices

Falcon IRCAM Stretch vs. M8 no slices vs. M8 with slices

Here's the video showing the project:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TPCvzmIfo5g

M8 with slices > Falcon IRCAM > M8 no slices, to my ear at least.
What skin is that :)

Bumping this thread to ask if anyone has tested zynaptiqs ztx timestretch algo? How does it compare to mulab?

pljones wrote: Mon Apr 22, 2019 5:12 pm The (lack of) PDC is partly down to the complex routing that's possible - multiple audio paths can lead to the same place, so calculating the multiple latencies across each node in the graph could end up incredibly confusing.
Firstly, I am a huge Mutools fan and appreciate the vision. I dont know how confusing PDC will make things but Mulab wil only be a cool toy without it.
We jumped the fence because it was a fence not be cause the grass was greener.
https://scrubbingmonkeys.bandcamp.com/
https://sites.google.com/view/scrubbing-monkeys

Is it better than Reason's timestretch?

Or Metasynth's?

Scrubbing Monkeys wrote: Mon May 06, 2019 3:32 pm
Firstly, I am a huge Mutools fan and appreciate the vision. I dont know how confusing PDC will make things but Mulab wil only be a cool toy without it.
You know, I actually turn off PDC in my DAW.
Makes me feel i have a stronger connection with my tracks.
Manually adjusting one bus to compensate for another is part of the grand design for me, and helps me keep track of big picture (my routing is very complex).

Also, because i have to do it manually, it means most of the time i don't do it at all, because it sounds fine as it is. Delaying things by some milliseconds adds a nice organic flavour to my sound, and sometimes I'll add a latency inducing plugin to my bass channel, just to see how it changes the sound on my bass bus :o

Oh and believe me, my DAW isn't a toy :D

Interssting _ai_,

Lets say I have 12 instances a a synth that has a latency of 256 samples.

First. Where to I get the latency info? Some of mfg dont really say? Now I could do some patching and recording, load it up into an editor and do some calculating.

Now , For each instance there is a delay. Do they delay in parallel or in series? If parallel. No huge deal as 256 samples isnt alot........unless Your are playing syncpated 32nd notes. Then its a problem. If it is series, well after the 3rd instance things get a bit messy.

On a Bass buss it would be cool if it were a bit behind, but if I am not mistaken it will actually push it forward.

Now admittedly, I could be backwards as I use Reaper for audio and it has an option for output compensation on/off. It always seems if it is off, what ever I record is x samples ahead.

There has always been latency involved with overdubs. Even with tape. So maybe I am splitting hairs.

Maybe I dont completely understand whats happening.

Here is what I want out of my DAW in which I do live overdubs..

I want to use plugins w/wo latency. Overdub many times. When I hear a sound and play a sound in unison, I want those sounds to be as I heard when I recorded it. (within the reasonable limits of interface and electricity).

I want to do that with out a calculator.

We are already stretching the limits by wanting to use VST ampsims through a virtual fx chain. While listening to our unmixed (but processed) tracks.

I do love my Mulab!!!!! Toy or not. PDC or not. We live in a great time.
We jumped the fence because it was a fence not be cause the grass was greener.
https://scrubbingmonkeys.bandcamp.com/
https://sites.google.com/view/scrubbing-monkeys

Scrubbing Monkeys wrote: Wed May 08, 2019 12:28 pm Interssting _ai_,

Lets say I have 12 instances of a synth that has a latency of 256 samples.
You know that synths don't typically have latency, dont you?

There's only a very small subset of plugins that do. Typically those doing FFT calculations and those with some sort of 'lookahead' required, mostly certain kinds of dynamics plugins and 'true' thru-zero flangers.
my other modular synth is a bugbrand

whyterabbyt wrote: Wed Apr 17, 2019 9:05 pm
Kalamata Kid wrote: Wed Apr 17, 2019 7:55 pm
whyterabbyt wrote: Wed Apr 17, 2019 3:21 pm To be honest, what I want is MuLab timeline/tracks inside MUX.
Yea!
Bidule and such do not have timeline/tracks inside their modular environment.
Have I misunderstood your comment?
I dont think you have, no. Basically, I like Bidule for lots of reasons, so for a lot of ways I work my 'ideal world' would be having a plugin inside it that could do timelines and tracks if I wanted them. MuLab-as-a-plugin would very much tick that box.
I completely agree. Mulab-as-a-plugin would be awesome.

Just a heads up, Mulab and Mux Modular has been updated. Mux Modular now supports the new timestretching algorithm.

pretty impressive~ looking forward to Mulab 9 with some inspiring features.

Scrubbing Monkeys wrote: Mon May 06, 2019 3:32 pm
pljones wrote: Mon Apr 22, 2019 5:12 pm The (lack of) PDC is partly down to the complex routing that's possible - multiple audio paths can lead to the same place, so calculating the multiple latencies across each node in the graph could end up incredibly confusing.
Since this thread got necro'd, I'd like to add in that APDC has been added to Mulab and MUX. :D
My Setup.
Now goes by Eurydice(Izzy) - she/her :hug:

With the addition of ADPC in v8 I could see Mulab going from little known DAW to huge with a few celebrity users. I'm interested to see what v9 has when it comes out.

Or maybe I'm way of base. How important are celebrity recommendations for DAWs?

Steve Bolivar wrote: Tue Feb 16, 2021 9:25 pm

Or maybe I'm way of base. How important are celebrity recommendations for DAWs?
From purely a business stand point, i think pretty important, Popularity = Sales.

Return to “Hosts & Applications (Sequencers, DAWs, Audio Editors, etc.)”