Unfiltered Audio BYOME

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Effects Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
Byometrics Carmen for BYOME Unfiltered Audio BYOME

Welp, after rebooting this morning the vst3 gives me a runtime error and drops me again this morning. Had it working for a little bit last night after putting proper version in their proper place. IDK, just going with the vst2 version. seems like an installer issue to me. what do I know.

As soon as I want to make byome stay on top in Cubase 10 Pro (Win 10 Pro) it hangs Cubase completely?

Hmmmmm, I'm a really calm person, but this wants me to write "WTF".

When can I expect a stable release?

Cheers,
LiteOn

LiteOn wrote: Tue Apr 16, 2019 8:58 pm As soon as I want to make byome stay on top in Cubase 10 Pro (Win 10 Pro) it hangs Cubase completely?
Cheers,
LiteOn
Have you deleted the vst 3 off your hard drive? I'm on reaper, but that's what works for me.

Not yet, but I will check when back to my daw. Thanks.
Dasheesh wrote: Thu Apr 18, 2019 2:32 am Have you deleted the vst 3 off your hard drive? I'm on reaper, but that's what works for me.

Hi everyone, a new public beta is ready:

Mac: https://www.dropbox.com/s/mq0db32vcb28z ... 7.zip?dl=0
Win: https://www.dropbox.com/s/lkpzztczd14pl ... 7.zip?dl=0

Lots of important stuff in this one:
- We've changed how pitch quantization is done. There is now a "Q" button on Pitch Shift, Pitch Delay, and Granulator. When clicked, this now brings up a list of quantization scales. The knobs and modulation will then respect this scale, making it easy to create consonant shifts when using modulators. Old presets will import correctly (i.e., if quantization was enabled, it will now pick "Chromatic"). Additionally, you can now Lock the Quantization setting, making it more fun to randomize pitch effects.
-AD Envelope has two new features: Cycle Mode and Tempo Sync. Cycle Mode makes AD Envelope act like an LFO. Tempo Sync allows you to sync the separate segments.
-We fixed a major memory leak involving our delay effects. This should fix any remaining crashes that occur when rapidly changing through presets, copy-pasting/duplicating the plugin, etc.
-We fixed an arcane memory leak involving typeface handling on Mac. Each instance of BYOME should now use 20-30 MB less RAM on Mac.
-More fixes for Cubase Direct Offline Processing. Specifically, modulators are now correctly reset if the offline render is performed multiple times consecutively.
-Fixed a cosmetic bug where modulation cables wouldn't disappear if connected to a MIX knob on an effect.

Just gave it a go. The vst2 works well. Haven't had any issues so thanks for that. The vst3 does NOT drop or crash reaper until I try to delete or remove the affect from the track. At that point it crashes... which is better then it used to be. On the vst3 version, any controller i use on my keyboard controller is hard wired to the micro in the modulations section. It does not matter which controller i use,, they are all hardwired. This is not the case in the vst2 version... and i think there is actually something about vst3 and controller numbers that is specific to this issue if remember right. U-he was recommended using only the vst2 for a while and they seemed have figured it out. I remember hearing there is something different about how vst3 handles controllers. I'm no expert tho, just remember reading that.

hmmm, something else i just discovered. I am only using one controller, but when I pull up a new track it automatically defaults to all channels as input. If i focus the track to just the channel my keyboard controller is on it doesn't drop. I can then delete the fx in the track fx without reaper failing. It is still hardwired to all controller numbers tho fyi. The vst2 version is not.

Hi Michael,

the "always on top"-bug of the VST 3-version seems to have been fixed as well. :tu:

Sorry for my yesterday's rant, but sometimes staying patient is a real challenge.

Cheers,
LiteOn
thelizard wrote: Thu Apr 18, 2019 3:55 pm Hi everyone, a new public beta is ready:

Really appreciate the new pitch quantization..would be nice to apply something similar to Resonator Bank, would be very useful for more musical modulations

LiteOn wrote: Thu Apr 18, 2019 7:36 pm Hi Michael,

the "always on top"-bug of the VST 3-version seems to have been fixed as well. :tu:

Sorry for my yesterday's rant, but sometimes staying patient is a real challenge.

Cheers,
LiteOn
thelizard wrote: Thu Apr 18, 2019 3:55 pm Hi everyone, a new public beta is ready:

No worries, and I again apologize that this update has been much slower than the others. The major bugs that have been identified have mostly been incredibly low level, meaning that we've had to go on research tangents into topics that we hadn't dealt with before. As an example, one of the memory leaks was only occurring on Mac and seemed perfect on Windows. It turned out to be an issue with how the implementation of font handling occurs at the operating system level, and we then had to rewrite it to work properly on both platforms. We also had to update JUCE to fix some of the HiDPI issues, but now it has cause VST3 issues. Very frustrating, but the newest builds seem to be significantly better for a lot of our testers. Still a few things to iron out before a full release...

equinoxide wrote: Fri Apr 19, 2019 10:51 pm Really appreciate the new pitch quantization..would be nice to apply something similar to Resonator Bank, would be very useful for more musical modulations
I've been thinking about this, and it might make sense for us to create a second Resonator Bank with a different interface built around the new quantization system. The current one has a lot more depth for sound design, but a smaller version would be more fun for modulation.

it is a more complex plug in then usual. it's not like you are soldering cpu's and capacitors together. one bit of code can interfere with another. i have faith.

Hey guys I give, what are these little blue dots that pop up around the display? I can't find anything skimming over the manual, and I forced myself to sit through several incredibly boring tutorials hoping someone would mention them to no avail. It's driving me crazy. I know they are trying to tell me something. what is it?

I tried newest version again. At the meanwhile I've got a new GPU, a new Nvidia 2070 RTX but the problem still remains. When I load some instances of byome it freezes ableton in keyboard and mouse behaviour. Only my Push2 controller still keeps working. But I can't save or do anything else in ableton, so i have to exit ableton via task manager :(

sacer wrote: Thu Apr 25, 2019 8:07 am I tried newest version again. At the meanwhile I've got a new GPU, a new Nvidia 2070 RTX but the problem still remains. When I load some instances of byome it freezes ableton in keyboard and mouse behaviour. Only my Push2 controller still keeps working. But I can't save or do anything else in ableton, so i have to exit ableton via task manager :(
Did you disable OpenGL in Byome?
This worked for me.
After disabling OpenGL you have to close and remove all instances first, or better close and reopen Live.

Return to “Effects”