LIQUID PHUNK - Dark Sun Rising

Share your music, collaborate, and partake in monthly music contests.

What tutorial would you like to see ?

Production
14%
Instruments (Drums, Bass, Keys, etc.)
14%
Sounds
14%
Recording
14%
Mixing
21%
Mastering
21%

Total votes: 14

RELATED
PRODUCTS

Hi Guys

Long time no see
It´s been a while that I posted here some music,
so enjoy this new release

https://soundcloud.com/hybridrums/liqui ... sun-rising

Have fun ! :-)

(( D ))
Last edited by drumity on Mon May 06, 2019 11:01 am, edited 2 times in total.

a nice, cosy, chill out track with a lot of work on the voices. Excellent production. I like the way you mixed synth sounds, d&b drumloop and acoustic instruments. I'm not a fan of artificial sounding voices, but in this case the use of special tricks on them remains at à bearable level. The female singing is quite nice, actually. The ending is original, although a bit abrupt for my taste.

Excellent, well produced. Really enjoyed it.
Rhythmic percussion elements were especially interesting.
Nice energy changes. Best track I've heard on KVR for a long time.
Unique ending, which I thought was OK personally.

Great stuff! I was reminded of early 4hero which isn't a bad thing. In fact, far from it! :-)

Wopelka wrote: Tue Apr 23, 2019 10:27 am a nice, cosy, chill out track with a lot of work on the voices.
Not only the voices ;-) It´s funny that a track with 174 bpm can be felt as chilled out :-)
Wopelka wrote: Tue Apr 23, 2019 10:27 amExcellent production. I like the way you mixed synth sounds, d&b drumloop and acoustic instruments.
Thanks very much !
Wopelka wrote: Tue Apr 23, 2019 10:27 amI'm not a fan of artificial sounding voices, but in this case the use of special tricks on them remains at à bearable level.
Me neither, but all effects were used to create that special feel.
Wopelka wrote: Tue Apr 23, 2019 10:27 amThe ending is original, although a bit abrupt for my taste.
All the story was told, so see it this way: the last bars are telling the metaphore again of the dark sun rising, ending in an overwhelming sunrise, flooded with hope ;-)

Thanks for listening and to all others listening to this track:
If you enjoy the talent, so it would be nice to show some appreciation !

(( D ))

drumity wrote: Thu Apr 25, 2019 8:21 pmIt´s funny that a track with 174 bpm can be felt as chilled out :-)
174 / 2 = 87

The gentle bass progression gives the "felt" tempo

Nice to listen to from start to finish!
Wopelka wrote: Fri Apr 26, 2019 2:41 am 174 / 2 = 87
+1 It doesn't feel anything like 174 BPM = until the breakbeats come in. If you follow the bass, it's still 87 BPM; if you follow the beats it's 174 BPM. Not that it really matters, but that's why it feels quite chilled. It doesn't have the manic drive of things that "feel" 174, which would be in all the instrumental parts.

Wopelka wrote: Fri Apr 26, 2019 2:41 am 174 / 2 = 87
sjm wrote: Fri Apr 26, 2019 2:44 pm +1 It doesn't feel anything like 174 BPM = until the breakbeats come in. If you follow the bass, it's still 87 BPM; if you follow the beats it's 174 BPM. Not that it really matters, but that's why it feels quite chilled. It doesn't have the manic drive of things that "feel" 174, which would be in all the instrumental parts.
Guys :-)
That was just a rhetorical comment. I am a professional musician and producer. You may rest assured, that I know what I am doing ;-)
The bass (and all other instruments) is (are) never @ 87 bpm, just played (not all) with the so called "Halftime feel". That way you can create that ambiguous feel.
I like this ambiguity, it makes art interessting for a longer period of time.
Cheers for listening and commenting !

(( D ))

Bansaw wrote: Wed Apr 24, 2019 1:19 am Excellent, well produced. Really enjoyed it.
Rhythmic percussion elements were especially interesting.
Nice energy changes.
Thanks very much for listening.
Bansaw wrote: Wed Apr 24, 2019 1:19 am Best track I've heard on KVR for a long time.
You made my day :-)
Even more if that comes from a professional in the business.
Very much appreciated.

But as you see all that doesn´t prevent the guys here to send the track on page 37432 after 3 comments. Nothing changed here ... the same matrushka-system as ever.
Big views, medium listen numbers, tiny appreciation.
You only get more than 1-3 replies, if people can jump in and "teach" the guy how to do this and how to do that.
Or if some "I-got-kicked-in-the-balls-and-choose-random-threats-to-troll-and-kick-back"!-Guy let explode the replies ... voluntary or involuntary.
Some artists I collaborated with and I respect, seem to resigned here a long time before. A shame, but a consequential conclusion.

All the more thanks again to all who listened and took the time to show some appreciation :hug:

(( D ))
Last edited by drumity on Sun Apr 28, 2019 6:20 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Great track!Beautiful sounds,fantastic mix and a very interesting movement/arrangement. Really enjoyed this.Thank you for sharing. You have a new follower :tu:
The inner workings of vurts mind are a force to be reckoned with.
music is a need in my life...yes I could survive without it but tbh I dont know how
myfeebleeffort
https://paulroach2.bandcamp.com/
https://hearthis.at/83hdtrvm/

K-Bee wrote: Wed Apr 24, 2019 11:13 am Great stuff! I was reminded of early 4hero which isn't a bad thing. In fact, far from it! :-)
Thanks very much for listening !
4hero are great and your ears also:
I used a little passage of a drumgroove by 4hero,
sampled from vinyl, to layer some drums :-)
Could be the reason why you thought of them,
or could be not related at all ;-)

(( D ))

I'm not a fan of pitched-down vocals, but I liked the rest. Mood well-done, and good timbres of instruments/sounds.

My Feedback

Music - 7
Instruments - 10
Performance - 10
Mix - 10

Overall - 9.25

Comments: I was really going to keep out of this thread since you called me pitiable and wondered what I was smoking but I figured, what the hell. Let's have a listen to this guy's "professional" work since he's so great at this stuff. Anyway, we can put all 10s in the columns for instruments, performance and mix. Definitely sounds like a professionally made record. Musically, it's as cold as ice. It does absolutely nothing for me. Now I get that this is a taste thing and I'm not saying it's musically bad as I don't believe there is such a thing as bad music as all this stuff is 100% subjective. But for me, it sounded like I was listening to a surgically sculptured, calculated piece of music. There is zero heart here. Kraftwerk moves me more. The only way this could have been less appealing to me would be if it was rap instead of sung. So yeah, it was played and mixed exceptionally well. But it isn't something I'd ever want to listen to a second time.

drumity wrote: Mon Apr 22, 2019 8:55 pm Hi Guys

Long time no see
It´s been a while that I posted here some music,
so enjoy this new release

https://soundcloud.com/hybridrums/liqui ... sun-rising

Have fun ! :-)

(( D ))
I like the little touches of glitchiness - I think you could get away with pushing that a little further.

drumity wrote: Wed May 01, 2019 12:35 pm
K-Bee wrote: Wed Apr 24, 2019 11:13 am Great stuff! I was reminded of early 4hero which isn't a bad thing. In fact, far from it! :-)
Thanks very much for listening !
4hero are great and your ears also:
I used a little passage of a drumgroove by 4hero,
sampled from vinyl, to layer some drums :-)
Could be the reason why you thought of them,
or could be not related at all ;-)

(( D ))
I didn't really notice the sample to be honest. It was more the overall feel of the track that made me think of them....but that may have to do with the sample of course :wink:

Return to “Music Cafe”