DMS-Ascension

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
Ascension

tonedef71 wrote: Mon Apr 22, 2019 11:04 pm I purchased this from PB for $19 USD, but I have been unable to install it on Windows, because the ZIP file from the download location appears to be corrupt (I have downloaded it three times via three different clients). I opened a support inquiry with PB a couple of days ago, but I have heard nothing back from anybody there.

It is quite a large download (over 9GB), so it is very frustrating when it turns out to be corrupted.
I didn't have a problem downloading, even though the file is, as you say, quite large (try huge :)). Anyway, have you tried with downloading with a download manager, I think they are checking the checksum during download, so that you are avoiding broken files.
i9-10900K | 128GB DDR4 | RTX 3090 | Arturia AudioFuse/KeyLab mkII/SparkLE | PreSonus ATOM/ATOM SQ | Studio One | Reason | Bitwig Studio | Reaper | Renoise | FL Studio | ~900 VSTs | 300+ REs

starflakeprj wrote: Mon Apr 22, 2019 11:36 pm
tonedef71 wrote: Mon Apr 22, 2019 11:04 pm I purchased this from PB for $19 USD, but I have been unable to install it on Windows, because the ZIP file from the download location appears to be corrupt (I have downloaded it three times via three different clients). I opened a support inquiry with PB a couple of days ago, but I have heard nothing back from anybody there.

It is quite a large download (over 9GB), so it is very frustrating when it turns out to be corrupted.
I didn't have a problem downloading, even though the file is, as you say, quite large (try huge :)). Anyway, have you tried with downloading with a download manager, I think they are checking the checksum during download, so that you are avoiding broken files.
I have downloaded with the Free Download Manager a total of two times. The downloads both completed successfully, but there is always a checksum error when I try to extract:

UPDATE: I updated to the 64-bit version of Free Download Manager and downloaded the archive again. This time, the archive extracted without errors. Perhaps the 32-bit download manager does not handle the downloading of 9 GB files reliably? :shrug:
Last edited by tonedef71 on Tue Apr 23, 2019 1:32 am, edited 1 time in total.
[Core i7 8700 | 32GB DDR4 | Win11 x64 | Studio One 6 Pro | FL Studio ASIO/WASAPI ]

tonedef71 wrote: Tue Apr 23, 2019 12:22 am Perhaps the 32-bit download manager does not handle the downloading of 9 GB files reliably? :shrug:
Most likely. The file size limit for 32-bit filesystems is way below... Try to copy the file to a FAT formated drive...

The cure for the activation problem: Use the user manual info (pg50) it takes you to the proper page. Copy machine ID and paste and put in serial. You Full version not the trial. Download full from PluginBoutique even if you already downloaded trial. When I did this worked perfectly and is a MUST buy at the sale price. A MUST BUY!!!

Ascension is a very expandable sample-based synth with a built-in MIDI loop player. I think the W.A. Production edition is a decent value: you get Cubic Audio's virtual instrument with the same audio sample content as the Dance Midi Samples edition, plus you get some exclusive content from W.A. Production. You can even import (and draw!) custom wave tables and incorporate custom samples to use when creating your own presets; you can also incorporate any MIDI loop libraries you already own. :clap:

The higher-priced (but currently on-sale for £60.99) Dance Midi Samples edition does ship with an impressively large MIDI loop library containing over 3500 MIDI loops (over 1700 bundled + 1867 bonus trance loops), but not everybody will need all those MIDI loops (many of which if I am not mistaken are duplicates that have been sequenced in different keys). :hyper:

I think it was a good idea to offer this virtual synth for cheap (although free would have been even better :wink:), as I see this virtual instrument as a commercial outlet for third parties to sell custom patch preset packs and MIDI loop libraries. :borg:
[Core i7 8700 | 32GB DDR4 | Win11 x64 | Studio One 6 Pro | FL Studio ASIO/WASAPI ]

tonedef71 wrote: Wed Apr 24, 2019 1:59 pm The higher-priced (but currently on-sale for £60.99) Dance Midi Samples edition does ship with an impressively large MIDI loop library containing over 3500 MIDI loops (over 1700 bundled + 1867 bonus trance loops), but not everybody will need all those MIDI loops (many of which if I am not mistaken are duplicates that have been sequenced in different keys). :hyper:
Actually, in the Marketplace you can purchase the DMS version for $23 since a few days back :)
i9-10900K | 128GB DDR4 | RTX 3090 | Arturia AudioFuse/KeyLab mkII/SparkLE | PreSonus ATOM/ATOM SQ | Studio One | Reason | Bitwig Studio | Reaper | Renoise | FL Studio | ~900 VSTs | 300+ REs

starflakeprj wrote: Wed Apr 24, 2019 2:57 pm
tonedef71 wrote: Wed Apr 24, 2019 1:59 pm The higher-priced (but currently on-sale for £60.99) Dance Midi Samples edition does ship with an impressively large MIDI loop library containing over 3500 MIDI loops (over 1700 bundled + 1867 bonus trance loops), but not everybody will need all those MIDI loops (many of which if I am not mistaken are duplicates that have been sequenced in different keys). :hyper:
Actually, in the Marketplace you can purchase the DMS version for $23 since a few days back :)
Crikey! For a few dollars more than the W.A. Production edition, the KVR DMS edition with the large MIDI loop library would now seem to be the better value. :dog:
Last edited by tonedef71 on Wed Apr 24, 2019 11:19 pm, edited 1 time in total.

I'm not sure the KVR Marketplace version comes with the bonus Trance MIDI bundle - that's advertised on the DMS site but not here.

Gamma-UT wrote: Wed Apr 24, 2019 4:15 pm I'm not sure the KVR Marketplace version comes with the bonus Trance MIDI bundle - that's advertised on the DMS site but not here.
Indeed. It looks like it can be purchased separately in the KVR Marketplace for another $29.99:
https://www.kvraudio.com/marketplace/dm ... di-samples

tonedef71 wrote: Wed Apr 24, 2019 4:29 pm
Gamma-UT wrote: Wed Apr 24, 2019 4:15 pm I'm not sure the KVR Marketplace version comes with the bonus Trance MIDI bundle - that's advertised on the DMS site but not here.
Indeed. It looks like it can be purchased separately in the KVR Marketplace for another $29.99:
https://www.kvraudio.com/marketplace/dm ... di-samples
I can confirm. The KVR version contains the least amount of content among the three (KVR, DMS, WA) :dog:
Worse purchase ever :cry:
Trance, Trance Is Life

yeah, the trance MIDI bundle is what saves this synth.
I don't know what to write here that won't be censored, as I can only speak in profanity.

hhuang9611 wrote: Wed Apr 24, 2019 7:50 pm I can confirm. The KVR version contains the least amount of content among the three (KVR, DMS, WA) :dog:
Hmm... the blurb for the KVR Marketplace version of DMS Ascension reads: "... along with a collection of over 1700 dancefloor ready royalty-free MIDI loops and much more."

Did your KVR purchase of DMS Ascension not include the normally bundled 1700 MIDI loops?

Link to best of the three deals?

tonedef71 wrote: Wed Apr 24, 2019 11:23 pm
hhuang9611 wrote: Wed Apr 24, 2019 7:50 pm I can confirm. The KVR version contains the least amount of content among the three (KVR, DMS, WA) :dog:
Hmm... the blurb for the KVR Marketplace version of DMS Ascension reads: "... along with a collection of over 1700 dancefloor ready royalty-free MIDI loops and much more."

Did your KVR purchase of DMS Ascension not include the normally bundled 1700 MIDI loops?
Yes, it did. And you can just download the trial from the PA/WA version and exchange the content.

The DMS version includes the Trance Midi Loops as a separate freebie. That is a different product though and technically not part of Ascension.
Follow me on Youtube for videos on spatial and immersive audio production.

I created a new track made only using the Ascension synth for the sounds:
https://soundcloud.com/tonedef71/space-invader

I uploaded my custom presets of sound FX to the DMS Ascension banks and patches page.

Return to “Instruments”