Vengeance Producer Suite - AVENGER - 1.8.5 the main thread

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
VPS Avenger

djmce wrote: Tue Apr 23, 2019 8:19 pm additional info. The other Avenger playing the piano chords (CPU up to 25%) is not delayed.
Thank you. So that means it's not related to how heavy the preset is. I guess it's more related to un calculated look ahead and samples that might require the rest of the project to be delayed but it isn't getting delayed.
Click for music links... Eurotrash!
MSI z390, i7 9700k OC, Noctua Cooling, NVMe 970 Pro, 64GB 3200C16, BeQuiet PSU, W10, Cubase 13, Avenger, Spire, Nexus, iZotope, Virus TI (INTERGRATED).

again:
each Limiter or Compressor adds 2,5ms latency lookahead.
if they are turned off / not used in a preset, the latency is 0. If you count the #numbers of limiters/comps you can give the track in your daw a neg. delay (in cubase this is very easy). If there is 1 comp and 1 limiter used = 5ms neg. (2,5+2,5)
Not all hosts allow the dynamic reporting of plugin latency for automatic compensation, so there we would have to use the max. latency in the worst case possible (each fx slot 1 limiter or comp) which is around 100ms permanently (40fx slots x 2,5ms). You dont want that. Each sound designer should know that lim/comps have a lookahead, and should not use 10 comps or limiters in a row in his preset to prevent audible delays. In my presets I often use 1 limiter in presets with drums (SQs, Arps) or heavy attack plucks or dense pads to prevent clipping.

btw: internally Avenger is fully compensated. Means if you route an osc from FX1 bus to FX2 and FX1 has comps or limiters, they arrive at FX2 compensated.

We planned for the next update a better solution for this, maybe we report a fixed latency of 15ms (selectable on the SYS page) so at least a handful of lim/comps can be compensated (in this case 6 (6x2,5)) which should be enough for most cases.

good news, we will add the delay compensation feature in the new 1.4.9 beta, which will come today or friday for you to test

Thank you Manueal. I really appreciate this. Especially the maths. It takes the guess work out of manually applying the delay for each Cubase track. I hate being unsure, applying different changes in shift, wondering which is right, the best.

It has occurred to me that if people are layering multiple instances of Avenger, you may get complaints of their "Sound" changing, "my project sounds different with the latest update" etc. People sensing a difference but not knowing why. Don't blame me for that! Edit: Yes, having it as a selection would prevent this.

Looking forward to trying your new solution. Thank you.
MSI z390, i7 9700k OC, Noctua Cooling, NVMe 970 Pro, 64GB 3200C16, BeQuiet PSU, W10, Cubase 13, Avenger, Spire, Nexus, iZotope, Virus TI (INTERGRATED).

here is a 1.4.9. official BETA version to try out, waiting for your feedback

http://www.vengeance-storage.com/produc ... _1_4_9.exe
http://www.vengeance-storage.com/produc ... _1_4_9.dmg

Code: Select all

Changelog:
- added/fixed: Avenger reports a latency to the DAW depending on SYS-Page setting "Off|Dynamic|Fixes 5ms,10ms or 15ms"
- added a new button: ARP "Auto-Follow" - the ARP view will follow your pattern changes if active
- VMAN only logs into the account when opening VMAN - this should speed up loading time a lot
- general improvement of loading times
- fixed: loading a new drumkit and having locked drumslots will now lock all the parameters (vol/pitch etc) of the locked slots, too
- fixed: correct snapping steps to the FM Rate dial when moving it with the mousewheel 
- fixed: DC offset in shaper with mode "polynom"
- fixed: bug with triggering mod env if the triggering OSC has a different keyrange
- fixed: issue with appearing "PITCH8" route in the drums after removing MasterFX from a selected range of drumslots
- fixed: pitch envelope in loop mode was not correctly synced to your DAW's BPM after loading a preset in certain circumstances
- many minor improvements

So best of all worlds. Off/Dynamic/Fixed. I guess DAWS such as Cubase will utilise Dynamic, simpler DAWS fixed and off to maintain old projects. Downloading now. Thank you.

Which ones do not compensate dynamic latencies? AFAIK all major hosts can do it, some may only need a stop/play in the transport control.

KenjiDeVries wrote: Wed Apr 24, 2019 5:25 pmWhich ones do not compensate dynamic latencies? AFAIK all major hosts can do it, some may only need a stop/play in the transport control.
I don't know, i only know Cubase. I guess the reference is to non major.

msvs wrote: Mon Apr 22, 2019 5:31 pm released... just in time for the EASTER sale

https://youtu.be/WKoVIb8abZM
I am really enjoying this. Well done!

However, some observations/questions so far:

1) ARP Cabin Drive
Shouldn't ARP be ON by default? (Well, everybody can fix that easily and save the preset then; just saying and pointing out).

2) SQ Anhunja, SQ Arena Two, SQ Epic Phase Two, SQ Frontal, SQ Opener ..., SQ Rockin Blaze, SQ Steamrunner, SQ The Psy-Cho 2

Why is it that in these presets the Arpeggiator seems to be running freely? When I press a key on my keyboard, the Arp/Sequence does not start on the first beat (which is what one probably would expect, especially with drums being involved) but seems to start randomly. So everytime I press a key, the Arp/Seq is started at a new and different point. I have compared these presets to the other ones in this XP, and also to the ones from the BT2 or Trance One Expansion, and they work just fine. I also did not notice any difference in the Arp settings so I don't understand what is going on here (modulation of some sort?).
Is this a mistake (aka "bug"), or is it something about the arpeggiator that I just don't see?

3) SQ Crying Angels
The volume fader for the drums is turned down by default; is that the way it's meant to be? Again, everyone can change that easily themselves.

Deleted!

the loading, reopening of avenger is still catastrophic since 1.4.8.... 15 seconds each time you load an instand and close/open the gui guys....
DAW FL Studio Audio Interface Focusrite Scarlett 1st Gen 2i2 CPU Intel i7-7700K 4.20 GHz, RAM 32 GB Dual-Channel DDR4 @2400MHz Corsair Vengeance. MB Asus Prime Z270-K, GPU Gainward 1070 GTX GS 8GB NT Be Quiet DP 550W OS Win10 64Bit

1) ARP Cabin Drive
Shouldn't ARP be ON by default? (Well, everybody can fix that easily and save the preset then; just saying and pointing out).

2) SQ Anhunja, SQ Arena Two, SQ Epic Phase Two, SQ Frontal, SQ Opener ..., SQ Rockin Blaze, SQ Steamrunner, SQ The Psy-Cho 2

Why is it that in these presets the Arpeggiator seems to be running freely? When I press a key on my keyboard, the Arp/Sequence does not start on the first beat (which is what one probably would expect, especially with drums being involved) but seems to start randomly. So everytime I press a key, the Arp/Seq is started at a new and different point. I have compared these presets to the other ones in this XP, and also to the ones from the BT2 or Trance One Expansion, and they work just fine. I also did not notice any difference in the Arp settings so I don't understand what is going on here (modulation of some sort?).
Is this a mistake (aka "bug"), or is it something about the arpeggiator that I just don't see?

3) SQ Crying Angels
The volume fader for the drums is turned down by default; is that the way it's meant to be? Again, everyone can change that easily themselves.
1.) you are right, Arp should be turned on, since its an AR preset

2.)
SQ Anhunja, SQ Epic Phase Two, SQ Rockin Blaze, SQ Steamrunner, : dont know what you mean, the arp is in normal mode (except it has LATCH mode turned on, (see SYS Page/right column on top). If there is something not right, could you please send me a video of it to info at vengeance-sound dot com? PS Do you use newest version (at least 1.4.8 or 1.4.9 beta?)

SQ Arena, SQ Frontal, SQ Opener Scene, SQ The Psy-Cho 2:
Here the Arp Trigger "FIRST NOTE" is selected (again: SYS Page/right column on top). This is because the LEFT SPLIT plays also an Arp or TG sequence. The FIRST NOTE option now means: both, left and right hand sequences are synced. The one which is pressed first (left or right hand) is the master clock, the other syncs to it and jumps / starts on the correct position, if its pressed later.

I dont know if you mean that behaviour?

3.) no thats intended. I found it just cooler without drums right from the start. You can turn on the Drums with a macro button. Its assigned.
the loading, reopening of avenger is still catastrophic since 1.4.8.... 15 seconds each time you load an instand and close/open the gui guys....
can not confirm. Avenger loads up within 2-4 secs. Please mail Rene / techn. support with your specs. (PS have you tried 1.4.9 Rene just told me he optimized several things there)
Last edited by msvs on Thu Apr 25, 2019 6:00 am, edited 1 time in total.

Just letting everyone know the new timing feature is amazing. Most probably didn't notice but everything is super tight now. OFF, DYNAMIC and 3 stages of fixed in the sys menu.

THANK YOU Man and Rene, that's how you get things done.

msvs wrote: Wed Apr 24, 2019 5:03 pm here is a 1.4.9. official BETA version to try out, waiting for your feedback

http://www.vengeance-storage.com/produc ... _1_4_9.exe
http://www.vengeance-storage.com/produc ... _1_4_9.dmg

Code: Select all

Changelog:
- added/fixed: Avenger reports a latency to the DAW depending on SYS-Page setting "Off|Dynamic|Fixes 5ms,10ms or 15ms"
- added a new button: ARP "Auto-Follow" - the ARP view will follow your pattern changes if active
- VMAN only logs into the account when opening VMAN - this should speed up loading time a lot
- general improvement of loading times
- fixed: loading a new drumkit and having locked drumslots will now lock all the parameters (vol/pitch etc) of the locked slots, too
- fixed: correct snapping steps to the FM Rate dial when moving it with the mousewheel 
- fixed: DC offset in shaper with mode "polynom"
- fixed: bug with triggering mod env if the triggering OSC has a different keyrange
- fixed: issue with appearing "PITCH8" route in the drums after removing MasterFX from a selected range of drumslots
- fixed: pitch envelope in loop mode was not correctly synced to your DAW's BPM after loading a preset in certain circumstances
- many minor improvements
Will it overwrite our current version or can it sit alongside another earlier stable version?

Manuel I hope in the future you consider adding the m/s possibility on the waveshaper module

Return to “Instruments”