DUNE 3 is now available!!

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic

Caine123 wrote: Wed Apr 24, 2019 7:18 pm When will they offer some kind of 30% off upgrade price....
Exactly the 14th of September 2021...
i9-10900K | 128GB DDR4 | RTX 3090 | Arturia AudioFuse/KeyLab mkII/SparkLE | PreSonus ATOM/ATOM SQ | Studio One | Reason | Bitwig Studio | Reaper | Renoise | FL Studio | ~900 VSTs | 300+ REs

starflakeprj wrote: Wed Apr 24, 2019 7:38 pm
Caine123 wrote: Wed Apr 24, 2019 7:18 pm When will they offer some kind of 30% off upgrade price....
at 2:34 Am until 5:21 Pm
The post above this is likely bait, viewer discretion is advised.

They probably won't, doesn't seem to fit their business model. They do 40% off the full product at the usual seasonal times, so the price of entry is cheaper, but they need revenue to stay afloat which they presumably get through the fixed upgrade pricing. This is different to say u-he who typically don't sales, save for intro/pre-orders, but their upgrade pricing is comparatively low. The long term costs of ownership/upgrades are probably quite similar between the two companies it's just a case of paying earlier or later. It's a bit much to ask for a dev to do regular sales on new licenses AND upgrades, especially when SA products are already priced quite well.
Always Read the Manual!

Spencer Maddox wrote: Wed Apr 24, 2019 7:41 pm
Oh, so you got the email too? :)
i9-10900K | 128GB DDR4 | RTX 3090 | Arturia AudioFuse/KeyLab mkII/SparkLE | PreSonus ATOM/ATOM SQ | Studio One | Reason | Bitwig Studio | Reaper | Renoise | FL Studio | ~900 VSTs | 300+ REs

Spencer Maddox wrote: Wed Apr 24, 2019 7:41 pm
When the moon is in Uranus...

Just use Dune 2 if you dont need bigger skins and wavetable editor. Dune 3 doesnt offer much more to what Dune 2 has.

Personaly from the new features i only use Alpha Filter. How stupid funny it sounds: i paid money to get a bigger monitor and had to pay for so much money for tiny update so i could be able to have a bigger skin :lol: i still think wavetable editor is just a gimmic, alot of people want it, developers think they want that, but in reality alot of those people just use presets and only few of them use actual editor :D

kudos to NI U-He to understanding that what people want isnt always something they actually use or need :hihi:

Elektronisch wrote: Thu Apr 25, 2019 4:12 am i still think wavetable editor is just a gimmic, alot of people want it, developers think they want that, but in reality alot of those people just use presets and only few of them use actual editor

based on what evidence?

AnX wrote: Thu Apr 25, 2019 5:10 am
Elektronisch wrote: Thu Apr 25, 2019 4:12 am i still think wavetable editor is just a gimmic, alot of people want it, developers think they want that, but in reality alot of those people just use presets and only few of them use actual editor
based on what evidence?
Common sense? i doubt you would ask this question if you were living from DJ/Performing/Producing.

Wavetable editor is cool, but be real, its more for a nerd side of producers whom arent a majority.

Elektronisch wrote: Thu Apr 25, 2019 5:22 am
based on what evidence?
Common sense?
so no evidence then, pure speculation

Elektronisch wrote: Thu Apr 25, 2019 5:22 am i doubt you would ask this question if you were living from DJ/Performing/Producing.
why?

AnX wrote: Thu Apr 25, 2019 5:46 am
Elektronisch wrote: Thu Apr 25, 2019 5:22 am
based on what evidence?
Common sense?
so no evidence then, pure speculation

Elektronisch wrote: Thu Apr 25, 2019 5:22 am i doubt you would ask this question if you were living from DJ/Performing/Producing.
why?
Time consumption. And no its not a pure speculation, its from my own and collegue expierience, when i had couple of months of flying every weekend for a gig combined with deadlines, i really had not much time to nerd around. And im not even that busy as some of my collegues (photoshoots, meetings, trailer shoots). Even if you remove the performances and if you have a regular job, but you still have a side job of making music professionaly there isnt much time left in the schedule.

Am i not saying the truth AnX? prove me wrong, because making good wavetables does take time or it doesnt? maybe you can stop time and geek around, great if you dont have anyting else besides that to do, but we are talking about majority of people in general :)

if making music is your 'job' then making WTs is part of that equation if that's what's required

ive made them very quickly, and also taken weeks (a bit here, a bit there)

personally, i agree tho. The old editor was/is perfect for me. I think the new one was a big mistake and waste of dev time. I hardly use WTs anyway, and i havent used the new WT editor once.

i dont have any evidence about how other ppl feel about the new editor, but i havent seen anyone outside of the beta forum mention it anywhere.... most ppl ask questions about complex new features, so either everyone is a genius, or nobody uses it :shrug:

How do I change the GUI size of Dune 3? Cant find any button?

dasen wrote: Thu Apr 25, 2019 7:04 am How do I change the GUI size of Dune 3? Cant find any button?
does it tell you in the manual?

On the MAIN tab of the tiny, little screen, in the lower-left corner, you will see "Skin - Large" (or medium or something). Just click on that and choose something else (I think, haven't done it in 6 months or more).
NOVAkILL : Asus RoG Flow Z13, Core i9, 16GB RAM, Win11 | EVO 16 | Studio One | bx_oberhausen, GR-8, JP6K, Union, Hexeract, Olga, TRK-01, SEM, BA-1, Thorn, Prestige, Spire, Legend-HZ, ANA-2, VG Iron 2 | Uno Pro, Rocket.

The swarm mode whats the rate for is it modulate the pitch of the saw

Return to “Instruments”