Studio One 4.1.4 - V - Reason 10.3 - |Performance Compared|

Audio Plugin Hosts and other audio software applications discussion
RELATED
PRODUCTS

EnochLight wrote: Wed Apr 24, 2019 8:58 pm The problem is, the very act of testing these two DAW against each other is inherently flawed anyway. As antic604 said:
It's like saying Jeep is a much better car than Ferrari, because it fares much better on a forest trail. Well, duh?!
Using the same "measuring tape" on the above is bound to reveal severe differences in the two. But I know that Studio One being the best is very important to you, so please - have at it. :party:
If one was a DAW and the other, purley a video editor, he might have a point, but that isn't the case here.

Btw.. please leave condescending stuff out in future, it's really unnecessary.
KVR S1-Thread | The Intrancersonic-Design Source > Program Resource | Studio One Resource | Music Gallery | 2D / 3D Sci-fi Art | GUI Projects | Animations | Photography | Film Docs | 80's Cartoons | Games | Music Hardware |

THE INTRANCER wrote: Wed Apr 24, 2019 10:59 pm If one was a DAW and the other, purley a video editor, he might have a point, but that isn't the case here.
Incorrect, but nice try anyway.
THE INTRANCER wrote: Wed Apr 24, 2019 10:59 pm Btw.. please leave condescending stuff out in future, it's really unnecessary.
There's no condescension. Just facts.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Win 10 | Ableton Live 11 Suite | Reason 12 | i7 3770 @ 3.5 Ghz | 16 GB RAM | RME Babyface Pro| Akai MPC Live II & Akai Force | Roland System 8 | Roland TR-8 with 7x7 Expansion | Roland TB-3 | Roland MX-1 | Dreadbox Typhon | Korg Minilogue XD

^ That image doesn't have anything to do with the Reason 10.3 test, other than relating to the creative aspects of the video I posted on page one. But for anyone that didn't know, what that is, it is the 3D pre-visulisation of this 3D model I finished way back in 2014....there's a complex diagram of how it all actually functions I've posted before...but hay some day I'll build it in Reaktor, after I tie up my current Reaktor project.

But anyway...back to the thread and this test on Reason 10.3 and how it performs in comparison to other DAWs.
KVR S1-Thread | The Intrancersonic-Design Source > Program Resource | Studio One Resource | Music Gallery | 2D / 3D Sci-fi Art | GUI Projects | Animations | Photography | Film Docs | 80's Cartoons | Games | Music Hardware |

THE INTRANCER wrote: Wed Apr 24, 2019 7:42 pmWhen you're testing and measuring things, you want the measuring tape, thermometer to remain constant or fixed. You don't want these measuring devices to be affected by other factors that will affect the result such as introducing more variables, when making one to one comparisons, because what you end up with is a result that is inconclusive and unclear. If you're going to make a comparison between two entities being tested, then you have to take the median line that both will start from. Changing one deciding key factor / point to determine the difference between two or more entities is all it can take to determine a result. The measuring device in this case is Hive...
I'm just saying VSTs aren't as uniform as you'd like to think. In my testing a year ago or so, I saw Reason running 90% of instances of plugin X that Bitwig could, 70% of plugin Y and only 30% of plugin Z. What if your Hive is the Z in my example and most other plugins have similar performance in Reason and S1? Or what if it's the X and most plugins are even worse?

If you're deciding to do a test, "publish" it and have a 6-page discussion about it, then at least do it thoroughly, with some semblance of scientific rigor :)
Music tech enthusiast
DAW, VST & hardware hoarder
My "music": https://soundcloud.com/antic604

antic604 wrote: Thu Apr 25, 2019 3:19 am I'm just saying VSTs aren't as uniform as you'd like to think. In my testing a year ago or so, I saw Reason running 90% of instances of plugin X that Bitwig could, 70% of plugin Y and only 30% of plugin Z. What if your Hive is the Z in my example and most other plugins have similar performance in Reason and S1? Or what if it's the X and most plugins are even worse?

If you're deciding to do a test, "publish" it and have a 6-page discussion about it, then at least do it thoroughly, with some semblance of scientific rigor :)
Great point. Honestly, this thread should be renamed "U-He Hive only performance in Studio One 4.1.4 vs. Reason 10.3". It's such a misleading title/thread as it is. :party:
Win 10 | Ableton Live 11 Suite | Reason 12 | i7 3770 @ 3.5 Ghz | 16 GB RAM | RME Babyface Pro| Akai MPC Live II & Akai Force | Roland System 8 | Roland TR-8 with 7x7 Expansion | Roland TB-3 | Roland MX-1 | Dreadbox Typhon | Korg Minilogue XD

S1 and Reason are very good friends why do u want to separate them ?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mKc8qYXsUTo
don't get it :hug: best combo ever
"Where we're workarounding, we don't NEED features." - powermat

xbitz wrote: Thu Apr 25, 2019 4:41 pm S1 and Reason are very good friends why do u want to separate them ?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mKc8qYXsUTo
don't get it :hug: best combo ever
You gotta keep 'em separated. Ok, that was lame.

What why is S1 the best? Would reaper be ok?

I updated the video in my opening post...the summary is a bit longer and I fixed a few spelling errors that the original video had. :)

THE INTRANCER wrote: Sun May 05, 2019 8:51 pm I updated the video in my opening post...the summary is a bit longer and I fixed a few spelling errors that the original video had. :)
But you didn’t fix your thread title...

Return to “Hosts & Applications (Sequencers, DAWs, Audio Editors, etc.)”