Kontakt 6 new features

Sampler and Sampling discussion (techniques, tips and tricks, etc.)
RELATED
PRODUCTS

killahpl wrote: Tue Apr 23, 2019 6:53 pm Can anybody help me out?
I gave up and finally bought it today. The content that comes with it:

- Retro Machines MK2
- Analog Dreams
- Ethereal Earth
- Hybrid Keys
- Kontakt Factory Library

You decide whether it's worth $400 or not. Personally, I only needed the Kontakt itself and I got it for $250, because I have Tonsturm Whoosh (for Reaktor Player) and NI thinks that's a good reason to give me a crossgrade discount. Go figure... I guess any other library for Kontakt Player or Reaktor player that comes with a serial number will give you that discount.

drzhnn wrote: Tue Apr 23, 2019 7:24 pm
killahpl wrote: Tue Apr 23, 2019 6:53 pm Can anybody help me out?
I gave up and finally bought it today. The content that comes with it:

- Retro Machines MK2
- Analog Dreams
- Ethereal Earth
- Hybrid Keys
- Kontakt Factory Library

You decide whether it's worth $400 or not. Personally, I only needed the Kontakt itself and I got it for $250, because I have Tonsturm Whoosh (for Reaktor Player) and NI thinks that's a good reason to give me a crossgrade discount. Go figure... I guess any other library for Kontakt Player or Reaktor player that comes with a serial number will give you that discount.
Thanks a lot for taking the time to reply. Could you please also give me a hint as to what's included in this "Kontakt Factory Library"?

DarkStar, ... Interesting, if true
Inspired by ...

Kontakt Factory Library content is rather old actually. It's still usable to some extent but hardly impressive.
Here's the PDF manual.

drzhnn wrote: Tue Apr 23, 2019 7:24 pmI guess any other library for Kontakt Player or Reaktor player that comes with a serial number will give you that discount.
Yes, that's the crossgrade price if you have any Kontakt Player library (NOT Reaktor Player).

EvilDragon wrote: Tue Apr 23, 2019 8:34 pm
drzhnn wrote: Tue Apr 23, 2019 7:24 pmI guess any other library for Kontakt Player or Reaktor player that comes with a serial number will give you that discount.
Yes, that's the crossgrade price if you have any Kontakt Player library (NOT Reaktor Player).
Aha! Good to know. I just checked and indeed I have Arcane for Kontakt Player which is free and comes with a serial number. But I'm 100% sure that after adding Kontakt to the cart the crossgrade discount description was about Whoosh, and I thought it was strange :?

Yes, not all free KP libraries are eligible for the crossgrade. Forgot to mention that :)

I would think it's the Factory Library which hasn't changed since Kontakt 4(?) Off the top of my head that is split into Orchestral, Band, Choir, Ethnic. Fairly basic stuff and I tend to use 3rd party libraries myself.
Pastoral, Kosmiche, Ambient Music https://markgriffiths.bandcamp.com/
Experimental Music https://markdaltongriffiths.bandcamp.com/

EvilDragon wrote: Tue Apr 23, 2019 9:13 pm Yes, not all free KP libraries are eligible for the crossgrade. Forgot to mention that :)
But the free Drumica from Sennhiser does! Just get that. I got Komplete significantly cheaper by going from Drumica to Kontakt to Komplete and that during a sale...

Return to “Samplers, Sampling & Sample Libraries”