VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Effects Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
ValhallaDelay

chk071 wrote: Thu Apr 25, 2019 6:42 pm
Funkybot's Evil Twin wrote: Thu Apr 25, 2019 6:35 pm
4damind wrote: Thu Apr 25, 2019 4:29 pm
Cinebient wrote: Thu Apr 25, 2019 2:11 pm Replika XT still has for me the biggest sound (if that makes sense) but Valhalla Delay has some tricks Replika XT cannot do (and vice versa of course).
I prefer the sound of ReplikaXT over Valhalla.
Not attacking you: but legitimately curious as to why and where (if specific to any sources)? Is it specifically a sound thing, the feature set, or both? I only have the regular Replika, but if XT really does great things, maybe I should look at it too.

Love ValhallaDelay so far. Never created so many presets in a plugin in such a short period of time. It has a TON of character though, which I could see being a bit heavy-handed some of the time. That said, if there's stuff that ReplikaXT does better or differently enough (I know it has ducking for instance), maybe I should look at that too.
I didn't A/B Replika and VDelay, but... the sound of Replika is really crystal clear, and pristine. Not in the meaning that it just does a 1:1 copy of the signal (which sucks... try Hy-Delay, and you know why...
Did you tried the free version HY-delay or HY-delay4 demo? because if you tried the demo in depth you really don't even know what you're talking about or you have other motives.

HY-Delay4 has beautiful clean sound on it, very expressive with the modulations capabilities: LFO, envelope followers, MPE, multipoint envelope/stepLFO, sample and hold. + drag and drop modulation in everything makes all straightforward.

5 types of delays: Simple, Dual, Grain, Groove, PM.

22 types of internal effects. With modulation possibilities.

Internal EQ and Ducker section with sidechain makes everything sits very well in the mix. With modulation possibilities.

All of that and more makes HY-delay4 one of the most expressive all around delay available, If you don't have it please don't talk what you don't know or don't give your bad advice.

With all respect.

perfumer wrote: Wed Apr 24, 2019 2:04 pm
fisherKing wrote: Wed Apr 24, 2019 1:37 pm i bought it, but it's so good, am going to sell my license, and buy it again.

or maybe...

will just buy it four more times, so i can use five instances of it in logic... :D
They all sound different, just like the hardware. :idea:
Now there's a plugin gimmick. Brainworx's TMT except that the internal parameters of the plugin are tied to your license key.
Softsynth addict and electronic music enthusiast.
"Destruction is the work of an afternoon. Creation is the work of a lifetime."

JunSev wrote: Thu Apr 25, 2019 7:48 pm Did you tried the free version HY-delay or HY-delay4 demo? because if you tried the demo in depth you really don't even know what you're talking about or you have other motives.

HY-Delay4 has beautiful clean sound on it, very expressive with the modulations capabilities: LFO, envelope followers, MPE, multipoint envelope/stepLFO, sample and hold. + drag and drop modulation in everything makes all straightforward.

Internal EQ and Ducker section with sidechain makes everything sits very well in the mix. With modulation possibilities.

All of that and more makes HY-delay4 one of the most expressive all around delay available, If you don't have it please don't talk what you don't know or don't give your bad advice.

With all respect.
"Other motives"? Like... which ones exactly? :P

It just doesn't sound very good. I think you really shouldn't act so emotional every time someone dislikes something you like. Or the opposite. With all respect.

chk071 wrote: Thu Apr 25, 2019 8:09 pm
JunSev wrote: Thu Apr 25, 2019 7:48 pm Did you tried the free version HY-delay or HY-delay4 demo? because if you tried the demo in depth you really don't even know what you're talking about or you have other motives.

With all respect.
"Other motives"? Like... which ones exactly? :P

It just doesn't sound very good. I think you really shouldn't act so emotional every time someone dislikes something you like. Or the opposite. With all respect.
No there is not reason to be emotional if someone doesn't like other things is normal, but particularly you like to try to discredit or talk negatively very wrong and very often for something else. The developer did a exelent job and the delay sound fantastic, it sound good, I have it and I know it, you don't have it and you talk as if you know everything as some people here. thats the problem.

Popcorn anybody?

JunSev wrote: Thu Apr 25, 2019 8:19 pm No there is not reason to be emotional if someone doesn't like other things is normal, but particularly you like to try to discredit or talk negatively very wrong and very often for something else. The developer did a exelent job and the delay sound fantastic, it sound good, I have it and I know it, you don't have it and you talk as if you know everything as some people here.
How do you even know whether i have it or not?

And, no, it doesn't sound good. Sorry to burst your bubble. Of course, you can freely disagree with me. I'm used to people liking bad plugins on KVR, and the net, in general.

Sorry, but, you really appear like a fanboi at the moment. Why do you even care what i think about your plugin?

This ValhallaDelay is so infuriatingly good.. like.. holy shiiiiit! Goddamn missing 50$. I'm almost tempted to rob my kids piggybank. :hihi:

I'm absolutely blown away by this delay.
"Wisdom is wisdom, regardless of the idiot who said it." -an idiot

chk071 wrote: Thu Apr 25, 2019 8:29 pm
JunSev wrote: Thu Apr 25, 2019 8:19 pm No there is not reason to be emotional if someone doesn't like other things is normal, but particularly you like to try to discredit or talk negatively very wrong and very often for something else. The developer did a exelent job and the delay sound fantastic, it sound good, I have it and I know it, you don't have it and you talk as if you know everything as some people here.
How do you even know whether i have it or not?

And, no, it doesn't sound good. Sorry to burst your bubble. Of course, you can freely disagree with me. I'm used to people liking bad plugins on KVR, and the net, in general.

Sorry, but, you really appear like a fanboi at the moment. Why do you even care what i think about your plugin?
The thing is that you are insinuating that the plugin sucks and it doesn't sound good, and also insinuating that is a bad plugin...

There is where you are wrong here with all respect. Hyakken has done a good job, if you don't appreciate that is ok, you could say that you don't like it, you see, there are plug-ins I'm not even interested, however I respect the work of others and instead of say the plug-in sucks or is a bad plug-in I better don't say anything because is subjective.

Ok, point taken. I disagree anyway though. Where there is place for praise, there has to be place for criticism as well. Especially as that is the only way someone knows that his work is improvable. Someone who gets praised over the moon every day, just because it is "bad" to criticize will not create good stuff, unless he is very critical for himself. HY-Delay didn't convince me at all. I wished i could say something else, but, that's just how it is.

Again, if you feel differently, be happy, and use what you like. Nothing i, or anyone else says, will take that away from you.

Is ok, anyone can criticize, but that criticism should be for the better and for help. All good, different thinkings, different ways.

Waves WUP sucks!

<ValhallaDelay pluginVersion="1.0.3v2" presetName="Ghosts in the Aether bM" Mix="1" DelayStyle="1" DelayLSync="0.25" DelayLNote="0.39599999785423278809" DelayL_Ms="0.26199999451637268066" DelayRSync="0.75" DelayRNote="0.34799998998641967773" DelayR_Ms="0.375" DelaySpread="0.5" DelaySpacing="0.88800001144409179688" DelayRatio="0.91799998283386230469" RepeatSwell="1" TapA="1" TapB="1" TapC="1" TapD="1" Feedback="0.65799999237060546875" Width="1" DriveIn="0.44800001382827758789" Age="0.059999998658895492554" Diffusion="0.12399999797344207764" DiffSize="0.12800000607967376709" LowCut="0.056000001728534698486" HighCut="0.25600001215934753418" ModRate="0.27383410930633544922" ModDepth="0.5" Wow="0.5" Flutter="0.5" FreqShift="0.5" FreqDetune="0.57999998331069946289" PitchShift="0.49979165196418762207" PitchDetune="0.50099998712539672852" Mode="0.2916666567325592041" Era="0.6666666865348815918" Reserved1="0" Reserved2="0" Reserved3="0" Reserved4="0"/>

Yeah.. this thing is ridiculously good.

Audio example of patch above (google drive, mp3)

NOTE: Above testing was done with demo version of VDelay so there are some drop outs in the audio.. but you get the idea and you can always copy/paste the preset data above.

This is an absolute must buy.

Sean? Is it just me or is actual saving of presets disabled in the demo version? Would be nice if saving was enabled, no? Not sure how anybody would be able to exploit the system and it'd just be a convenience when moving over to the retail version. I've already done tons of presets and it's annoying to keep them in a text file.

bmanic, how have you of all people not bought this already? That piggy bank would've been smashed to a million little pieces already. :lol:

Preset sounds great BTW. Thanks!

martinjuenke wrote: Thu Apr 25, 2019 9:02 pm Waves WUP sucks!
wtf!? :party:

Funkybot's Evil Twin wrote: Thu Apr 25, 2019 9:14 pm bmanic, how have you of all people not bought this already? That piggy bank would've been smashed to a million little pieces already. :lol:

Preset sounds great BTW. Thanks!
I literally can not afford it at the moment. Living an euro at a time right now (a series of misfortunes and lack of work).. spent 150 euros on the car today as I had to fix the exhaust.

Still, I'm in no hurry. It'll be there once I get some extra income again.

Return to “Effects”