Unfiltered Audio BYOME

VST, AU, etc. plug-in Virtual Effects discussion
sacer
KVRian
537 posts since 8 Jan, 2012 from frankfurt, Germany

Post Fri Apr 26, 2019 12:11 am

If i close every instance it's working in most cases. Haven't disabled opengl yet - will test it.
My main problem is, if i add an instance of byome in a running project it can also freeze ableton, and i loose the set, if i haven't saved before. If i add some synths like cypher2 it can also freeze or slow down the sysstem, so that every reaction from mouse or keyboard takes minutes (Wihout byome I have no problems with cypher2).
So I can't realy use byome without the fear of chrashes and freezings. Hope they soon fix it.

dermage
KVRist
439 posts since 23 May, 2016

Re: Unfiltered Audio BYOME

Post Fri Apr 26, 2019 1:29 am

sacer wrote:
Fri Apr 26, 2019 12:11 am
If i close every instance it's working in most cases. Haven't disabled opengl yet - will test it.
My main problem is, if i add an instance of byome in a running project it can also freeze ableton, and i loose the set, if i haven't saved before. If i add some synths like cypher2 it can also freeze or slow down the sysstem, so that every reaction from mouse or keyboard takes minutes (Wihout byome I have no problems with cypher2).
So I can't realy use byome without the fear of chrashes and freezings. Hope they soon fix it.
Yes, I've had exactly the same problem. Disabling OpenGL solved this. No more freezing. Just turn it off in the Byome menu.

acousticglue
KVRian
601 posts since 27 May, 2008

Re: Unfiltered Audio BYOME

Post Fri Apr 26, 2019 2:12 am

And like I've stated before besides turning openGL off when you do close openGL plugins from viewing the CPU goes from 30 down to 3

WasteLand
KVRist
220 posts since 8 Jun, 2018

Re: Unfiltered Audio BYOME

Post Sun Apr 28, 2019 4:04 am

bought byome, i couldn't resist it. (also specops, but that is beside the point).
works in cubase 10.0.20, vst3, without problems, yet. but if i see, the bugfixes necessary, i will run in to problems..
didn't tried it yet in ableton live 10 suite.
i have version placed on the PA site. by the way. stable enough to experiment. i will follow this thread. and as always, great stuff, of UA.
win 7 pro; cubase 10 pro, live 10 suite (+push 2), reaper, arturia V collection 6, reason 10, maschine (mk3+jam), korg collection, komplete 11 ultimate, softube modular, VM and many more..
https://soundcloud.com/sada-exposada

User avatar
MFXxx
KVRAF
2966 posts since 27 Mar, 2010 from UK

Re: Unfiltered Audio BYOME

Post Sun Apr 28, 2019 4:41 am

acousticglue wrote:
Fri Apr 26, 2019 2:12 am
And like I've stated before besides turning openGL off when you do close openGL plugins from viewing the CPU goes from 30 down to 3
On windows 10 Pro struggling to find how to switch off opebgl. Any help. The results on Google seem to be win7. Thanks
Image7820x 4.6ghz • 32GB Ram • RME FF800 • Adams A7X • Maschine • Analog Keys • Virus TI • JD800 • JV1080 • x0xb0x

WasteLand
KVRist
220 posts since 8 Jun, 2018

Re: Unfiltered Audio BYOME

Post Sun Apr 28, 2019 5:36 am

MFXxx wrote:
Sun Apr 28, 2019 4:41 am
acousticglue wrote:
Fri Apr 26, 2019 2:12 am
And like I've stated before besides turning openGL off when you do close openGL plugins from viewing the CPU goes from 30 down to 3
On windows 10 Pro struggling to find how to switch off opebgl. Any help. The results on Google seem to be win7. Thanks
if am not mistaking, didn't read the whole thread, do they mean turn off openGL support within the plugin?

it is in global options (the "sprocket", i do not how the symbol is called, above right), click on it, you see 4 options, -> "use openGL". disable it... if you need to.
win 7 pro; cubase 10 pro, live 10 suite (+push 2), reaper, arturia V collection 6, reason 10, maschine (mk3+jam), korg collection, komplete 11 ultimate, softube modular, VM and many more..
https://soundcloud.com/sada-exposada

User avatar
MFXxx
KVRAF
2966 posts since 27 Mar, 2010 from UK

Re: Unfiltered Audio BYOME

Post Sun Apr 28, 2019 6:23 am

WasteLand wrote:
Sun Apr 28, 2019 5:36 am
MFXxx wrote:
Sun Apr 28, 2019 4:41 am
acousticglue wrote:
Fri Apr 26, 2019 2:12 am
And like I've stated before besides turning openGL off when you do close openGL plugins from viewing the CPU goes from 30 down to 3
On windows 10 Pro struggling to find how to switch off opebgl. Any help. The results on Google seem to be win7. Thanks
if am not mistaking, didn't read the whole thread, do they mean turn off openGL support within the plugin?

it is in global options (the "sprocket", i do not how the symbol is called, above right), click on it, you see 4 options, -> "use openGL". disable it... if you need to.
Ah OK I see what you mean. Will try it when I get home later.thanks
Image7820x 4.6ghz • 32GB Ram • RME FF800 • Adams A7X • Maschine • Analog Keys • Virus TI • JD800 • JV1080 • x0xb0x

thelizard
KVRian
1177 posts since 6 Jul, 2004

Re: Unfiltered Audio BYOME

Post Sun Apr 28, 2019 6:56 am

Yes, after disabling OpenGL, close the interface and reopen it. It's easiest just to do it with one open instance of BYOME so that you don't need to open and close all active instances.

WasteLand
KVRist
220 posts since 8 Jun, 2018

Re: Unfiltered Audio BYOME

Post Sun Apr 28, 2019 9:46 am

thelizard wrote:
Sun Apr 28, 2019 6:56 am
Yes, after disabling OpenGL, close the interface and reopen it. It's easiest just to do it with one open instance of BYOME so that you don't need to open and close all active instances.
on my laptop, specops didn't work right in reaper (only reaper and reason installed on laptop), but with openGL off it works better. it made reaper almost unuseable..
this thread is about byome, now i can install it also on my laptop, be carefull with the vst3 plugin and openGL, but on my laptop you see in specops the modulation row rythmically visuable in the display, of course blended with the display readout...

EDIT: and sometimes other parts of the plugin... it don't effects the effect... win 10 home, igp.
win 7 pro; cubase 10 pro, live 10 suite (+push 2), reaper, arturia V collection 6, reason 10, maschine (mk3+jam), korg collection, komplete 11 ultimate, softube modular, VM and many more..
https://soundcloud.com/sada-exposada

User avatar
Sampleconstruct
KVRAF
14549 posts since 12 Oct, 2008 from Here and there

Re: Unfiltered Audio BYOME

Post Fri May 10, 2019 8:18 am

As much as I like the new pitch quantisation feature in the pitch shifter and granulator: modulating e.g. the pitch shifter transpose parameter with one of the quantisation mode engaged introduces jitter noises and audio crackling, and the granulator still has the same problem...

shonky
KVRian
876 posts since 21 Nov, 2005

Re: Unfiltered Audio BYOME

Post Mon May 13, 2019 3:00 pm

Sorry, haven't been following this thread lately but is the pitch quantisation still in beta or has it now been released in a new update?

User avatar
c_voltage
KVRian
1320 posts since 16 May, 2004 from Soviet Union

Re: Unfiltered Audio BYOME

Post Tue May 14, 2019 8:10 am

shonky wrote:
Mon May 13, 2019 3:00 pm
Sorry, haven't been following this thread lately but is the pitch quantisation still in beta or has it now been released in a new update?
New update has been released ? I still see v1.0

User avatar
Sampleconstruct
KVRAF
14549 posts since 12 Oct, 2008 from Here and there

Re: Unfiltered Audio BYOME

Post Tue May 14, 2019 8:14 am

No official update yet, only Betas.

mortfell
KVRer
16 posts since 15 Dec, 2014

Re: Unfiltered Audio BYOME

Post Tue May 14, 2019 11:54 am

Just got this the other day and gotta say, it's incredible, one of the most exciting plugins I've ever used.

I've noticed a usability quirk.
When modulating cells from the "mixing" category, The white colour of the knobs is very similar to the colours indicating modulation is occurring. So much so that I can't really see where the modulation is when it dips below the value of the knob.

Is it possible to use an alternate colour or colour blending algorithm for modulation when using the mixing cells?
Last edited by mortfell on Thu May 16, 2019 5:42 pm, edited 1 time in total.

epiphaneia
KVRian
608 posts since 29 May, 2011 from Germany

Re: Unfiltered Audio BYOME

Post Wed May 15, 2019 7:26 am

@UA : Is "let the user make Byome´s window wider" (by the way of showing more effects at the same time instead of just resizing them proportionally with the window size) still on the to-do list or has it been scrapped?

Return to “Effects”