Arturia VCollection 7 Official thread

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
V Collection X

WasteLand wrote: Fri Apr 26, 2019 9:56 am
the only difference are the new 3 instruments. are they worth it, yes. i agree with what you are saying, but i stepped in for €249, so, it is feels strange to upgrade for €199... i will wait for the sale, enough to do, too much stuff..
You also get the Synthopedia preset bank which contains 800 new preset for the instruments of V Collection 6.

Kevin [Arturia] wrote: Fri Apr 26, 2019 10:08 am
WasteLand wrote: Fri Apr 26, 2019 9:56 am
the only difference are the new 3 instruments. are they worth it, yes. i agree with what you are saying, but i stepped in for €249, so, it is feels strange to upgrade for €199... i will wait for the sale, enough to do, too much stuff..
You also get the Synthopedia preset bank which contains 800 new preset for the instruments of V Collection 6.
o yes, you are correct. i make my own presets, it doesn't matter to me. but it does matter for others.

Watching the videos and listening to the demo audios I'm not impressed re the Synthi emulation - it sounds like a generic soft synth - it might be because demos were required that covered fairly standard sounds - don't know.

The Mellotron emulation I found really odd - again watching the video and listening to the demos some of the sounds seemed to be normal samples stuck through some kind of tape wobbling effect and even that wasn't very convincing.

I must say I'm really surprised that to my ears both of those emulations were so poor. Mtron still sounds streets ahead and SIAC Reaktor ensemble sounds more accurate.
Pastoral, Kosmiche, Ambient Music https://markgriffiths.bandcamp.com/
Experimental Music https://markdaltongriffiths.bandcamp.com/

don't forget Philthy ;-)

ChamomileShark wrote: Fri Apr 26, 2019 11:20 am Watching the videos and listening to the demo audios I'm not impressed re the Synthi emulation - it sounds like a generic soft synth - it might be because demos were required that covered fairly standard sounds - don't know.

The Mellotron emulation I found really odd - again watching the video and listening to the demos some of the sounds seemed to be normal samples stuck through some kind of tape wobbling effect and even that wasn't very convincing.

I must say I'm really surprised that to my ears both of those emulations were so poor. Mtron still sounds streets ahead and SIAC Reaktor ensemble sounds more accurate.

topaz wrote: Fri Apr 26, 2019 11:35 am don't forget Philthy ;-)

ChamomileShark wrote: Fri Apr 26, 2019 11:20 am Watching the videos and listening to the demo audios I'm not impressed re the Synthi emulation - it sounds like a generic soft synth - it might be because demos were required that covered fairly standard sounds - don't know.

thanks both of you, downloaded the SIAC and the Philthy (reaktor 6 is great!)

im wondering where ppl are getting all these old hardware synths such as Synthi to make such comparisons....

AnX wrote: Fri Apr 26, 2019 11:41 am im wondering where ppl are getting all these old hardware synths such as Synthi to make such comparisons....
:hihi:
Fernando (FMR)

dayjob wrote: Fri Apr 26, 2019 4:33 am oof. the rollout of this update.. eek. has it gone well for anyone even just updating what you already own? that's all i'm trying to do is update the current version 6 to 6.x or whatever updates they've added to the various synths + analog lab 4.

the new version of the Arturia Software Center is struggling to deal with the servers which i guess are being hammered. it's been stuck all day while i was at work.

i opted for individually downloading each plug in and they download a lot faster but there's lot's of clicking around because heaven forbid you could download each synth from one page instead you have to click download then it takes you to the product page then you download form there then you click back to 'my products' page.. ugh. i think i'll just wait a week or two to download.
Been trying to download the updates for 24 hours...no love here. It's crazy slow :dog:

I have personbaly never heard a real Synth or Melotron live (have you one in you studio to compare them to for authenticity? An A/B test would be interesting) so I cant comment if they are 'accurate', but to me they sound great, cost very little (when I get them for 99USD in November :-)) and sit will with the other instruments in AL4 which is supurb and practical.

Why don't you download the free demo VST and listen to it properly? I realy cant ever tell what a synth like from someone elses demos, I need top tweak knobs!
X32 Desk, i9 PC, S49MK2, Studio One, BWS, Live 12. PUSH 3 SA, Osmose, Summit, Pro 3, Prophet8, Syntakt, Digitone, Drumlogue, OP1-F, Eurorack, TD27 Drums, Nord Drum3P, Guitars, Basses, Amps and of course lots of pedals!

LoveEnigma18 wrote: Fri Apr 26, 2019 9:53 am
Zipede wrote: Fri Apr 26, 2019 9:29 am
andrew71 wrote: Fri Apr 26, 2019 9:09 am
LoveEnigma18 wrote: Fri Apr 26, 2019 6:44 am Is Analog Lab 4 for V Collection 6 exactly same as V Collection 7 except for the newly introduced instrument presets?
It appears to be. There are a limited number of presets for the CZ and Synthi - maybe 20 or so each, and 4 for the Mellotron.
I have 451 presets for the CZ and 295 for the Synthi, but only 48 for the B3v2. Can't finish the Mellotron, been stuck on 5% for the last 12 hours or so.
Since you have these many presets for the new synths, I understand have the V Collection 7, right?
Yes, I am using V7

sacer wrote: Fri Apr 26, 2019 7:04 am They also wrote that they have enhanced the old versions for bether qualtiy, has anybody read the changelog, is there something happened - or will we hear thus update ?
For what I read on the changelog, there's not too much on quality of sound update on older instruments, except for B3 that received a new version. Most of changes seems to be on the underlying framework:

changes for all instruments:

New features
  1. Sliders now hold the mouse position to avoid drag limitations due to screen bounds
  2. When editing a control, the value is now showed next to it and lower bar shows parameter description
  3. Tutorials added on the instruments
  4. Advanced search allowing to quickly access several categories such as instrument, bank, or even preset comments
  5. It is now possible to play the instruments from a computer keyboard in standalone mode
  6. Added keyboard shortcuts to resize the plugins window
  7. New shuffle feature to avoid browsing presets in the same order each time
  8. Reworked playlists workflow, presets are now copied in playlists to avoid unwanted preset modifications
  9. Added “new preset” entry in instruments menu to start a sound from scratch
  10. Reworked audio / MIDI settings window, including standalone BPM parameter
  11. Drop of 32 bits support
Bugfixes
  1. Changing the name of a user preset doesn’t create a copy anymore
  2. No more crashes when selecting ASIO DirectX Full Duplex Driver in standalone on Windows
  3. No more crashes in Juce based hosts when resizing the plugins window
  4. Reduced Fiber Local Storage consumption on Windows

B3V2
  1. Complete tonewheel model redesign.
  2. Reworked contacts model, including staggered key contact at low velocities
  3. Organ accurate tuning
  4. Various improvements to key click, tonewheel leakage, vibrato, and Preamp models
  5. Added 7 organ tonewheel profiles, matching the tonewheel volumes of real organs
  6. Added Percussion advanced parameters and mods
  7. Added the new Pedal Rig including a redesigned leslie
  8. Added independent slow and fast speeds for Leslie's horn and drum
  9. Added Twin amp model for more flexibility
  10. New Room convolution reverb
  11. New effect pedals for the Pedal Rig
Matrix 12-V
No more cracks when moving filter VCA parameters

SEM V2
8 Voice Programmer Forward retrig mode is now retriggered properly

Stage-73 V
No more digital noises when activating pedals while playing

Synclavier V
Harmonic envelope macro parameters now work properly when editing several partials simultaneously

AnX wrote: Fri Apr 26, 2019 11:41 am im wondering where ppl are getting all these old hardware synths such as Synthi to make such comparisons....
I have a Synthi and played others in the past. Perhaps that helps to set the context. But I would say that even if you watched Youtube demos you would probably pick up a difference.

ChamomileShark wrote: Fri Apr 26, 2019 12:25 pm
I have a Synthi and played others in the past. Perhaps that helps to set the context. But I would say that even if you watched Youtube demos you would probably pick up a difference.
perhaps you could upload a couple of A/B wavs for us?

SLiC wrote: Fri Apr 26, 2019 12:09 pm

I have personbaly never heard a real Synth or Melotron live (have you one in you studio to compare them to for authenticity? An A/B test would be interesting) so I cant comment if they are 'accurate', but to me they sound great, cost very little (when I get them for 99USD in November :-)) and sit will with the other instruments in AL4 which is supurb and practical.

Why don't you download the free demo VST and listen to it properly? I realy cant ever tell what a synth like from someone elses demos, I need top tweak knobs!
If they work for you and you think they sound good then that is good. I have plenty of emulations which don't really sound like the hardware they are emulating but I bought them because they sounded good.

From that perspective the Synthi V didn't sound very different from other offerings so I was disappointed to find it not sounding sufficiently different and I didn't like the sound of the Mellotron as presented.

I'm not particularly inclined to download the Synthi V demo and do the comparison work right now.

Great work Arturia, congrats!

Return to “Instruments”