WTF Arturia, why doesn't Analog Lab 4 contain the complete presets of the new instruments?

Official support for: arturia.com
RELATED
PRODUCTS

That's totally stupid, I don't buy all the plug-ins to get all the presets in AL 4. :x

Please add the complete presets in AL 4, as before in the previous versions too.

They are clearly deprecating AL, next step reduced presets for all instruments so you need to buy them. Also pushing existing customer to pay high price for V Collection update, no grace period. Arturia has become a money driven company, not anymore musician oriented. All companies need money but they are different ways to get it.

Then AL is absolutely useless. I don't need the instruments. As an AL user I feel a bit fooled. Then I avoid Arturia in the future.

Hi maximoog,

the update from AL3 to AL4 is free and we included lot's of new feature as well as some of the presets of the new instruments.
This is from our point of view pretty fair. If you want to get more, yes you will have to pay. Sorry for that but creating these instruments is lot's of work and cost us a lot.

Kevin

some ppl really shouldn't be allowed on the net without adult supervision

@Kevin,

Then Analog Lab is useless now. The sense of AL was to have the complete sound content of the Arturia Collection in one plugin without having to install the actual plugins.

The presets are enough for me, I don't need the plugins. Then you can set AL completely.

Then the update from 3 to 4 makes you pay (20,00€ - 30,00€) and delivers the complete sound content.

Too bad, that it came like this, then I can't use AL any more.

maximoog wrote: Mon Apr 29, 2019 12:23 pm The sense of AL was to have the complete sound content of the Arturia Collection in one plugin without having to install the actual plugins.
Was this a listed feature or something they specifically claimed in their advertising?
my other modular synth is a bugbrand

whyterabbyt wrote: Mon Apr 29, 2019 12:50 pm
maximoog wrote: Mon Apr 29, 2019 12:23 pm The sense of AL was to have the complete sound content of the Arturia Collection in one plugin without having to install the actual plugins.
Was this a listed feature or something they specifically claimed in their advertising?
Yes.

"All with same high quality sounds as the instruments in V Collection 6"

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U7do06lRErs

d2dsf wrote: Mon Apr 29, 2019 10:29 pm
whyterabbyt wrote: Mon Apr 29, 2019 12:50 pm
Yes.

"All with same high quality sounds as the instruments in V Collection 6"
Im not watching all of a 7 minute video in the hope that I hear what you're referring to, please give me a timepoint.

I did hear him say
"All with the same high quality sound as the instruments in V Collection 6"

at the start, but of course that actually means a completely different thing from

'With all of the same high quality sounds as the instruments in V Collection 6"
my other modular synth is a bugbrand

Regardless of prior advertizing, Analog Lab has always included all the presets of the instruments. This time, they changed things up - and only provide a sampling. TBH - what was provided in the past, probably cost them sales.. as with the presets pre-mapped to controllers -- you have a TON of sound shaping flexibility with the all presets, without having to actually own the underlying instrument. That is still the case - but they're not giving away all the presets anymore. Same thing happened a couple of years ago with their upgrade policy change, (NFR post-upgrade). Back in the day . . you could sell your old version of the V Collection, after upgrading for $99. You used to actually be able to sell your old version, for more than the cost of the full upgrade. That stopped after V Collection 3 or 4. Can't recall which - but it was a change. That policy, was probably costing Arturia sales too. They closed the loop. Then (last year) came - the $199 upgrade... for the first six to twelve months.. before an upgrade price drop to $99. Now, many wait for the $99 price, while early adopters pay a premium. Again - just a pricing strategy change.

So ditch Arturia, because you're angry that they are changing pricing policy? For me - no way. It is business.. and just because they may have had a poor (for them) pricing policy in the past.. which may have been costing them sales / revenue - doesn't mean they shouldnt be able to change things up. Frankly - their products, sounds, etc... have come way up in capability and timbres over the past 3-4 years. At least IMO. I'd like to see them stay in business. If it means, not giving away the store- then good on them.

/two cents (from a former Arturia nay-sayer... back 5/6 years ago)

^ Agreed and I won't ditch Arturia any time soon, but I will be on the 2 year+ upgrade cycle vs yearly.

-vs-
My Analog Lab 3 updated to Analog Lab 4... 8)

Analog Lab 4 added 4 new synths :party:, but removed 40 presets :!: :dog:

Which of the 40 presets from Analog Lab 3 have gone away and why :?: :neutral:
[Core i7 8700 | 32GB DDR4 | Win11 x64 | Studio One 6 Pro | FL Studio ASIO/WASAPI ]

I also have analog lab and the collection(6), but finally i decided against analog lab. If you have the instruments, it's better to use them separately with their full feature set.

Analog Lab is clearly a bargain even with 40 presets less and also great for finding sounds if you have the V Collection. But it adds latency compared to the full instruments (about 0.7 ms tested and measured)... not that it's obvious but it is a wrapper and probably ment more as a demo.

mindbeet wrote: Fri May 10, 2019 8:34 am Analog Lab is clearly a bargain even with 40 presets less and also great for finding sounds if you have the V Collection. But it adds latency compared to the full instruments (about 0.7 ms tested and measured)... not that it's obvious but it is a wrapper and probably meant more as a demo.
However, since several brand new presets (representing a sampling from the four new synths, Mellotron, CZ, Synthi, and Pigments) were added, that means many more than forty presets were removed from the original 14 synths (and possibly from the original pianos and organs as well) to reach that total net deficit of forty presets.
[Core i7 8700 | 32GB DDR4 | Win11 x64 | Studio One 6 Pro | FL Studio ASIO/WASAPI ]

Return to “Arturia”