Harmonization video tutorial (was: My videos for RapidComposer)

RELATED
PRODUCTS

I've made a new video. This time it's about Markov Melody Generators.

Watch the video here: RapidComposer - Experimenting with Markov Generators

Very cool! The resulting song is very nice.

(The Markov melody generator is not easy to use due to the many options therefore it is not displayed by default, only when you enable it in the experimental features section in the settings.)

Thanks, Heiko! :tu:
Attila
https://www.musicdevelopments.com
Home of RapidComposer, Melodya, MIDI Mutator and Syne
All software 40% off during the Anniversary Sale until April 29!

musicdevelopments wrote: Sun Mar 24, 2019 11:03 am Very cool! The resulting song is very nice.

(The Markov melody generator is not easy to use due to the many options therefore it is not displayed by default, only when you enable it in the experimental features section in the settings.)

Thanks, Heiko! :tu:
Attila
You're welcome, Attila!
Thanks for your appreciation.

The Markov Generator is a bit "stubborn" as it doesn't care for harmony but instead uses scale notes depending on preceding pitches.
Indeed I had to "shoehorn" things into shape using "Add chord notes" Variation and regenerating many times until the results got as usable as I wanted them to be.

In my next experiment with Markov Generators I'll create the melody first, then harmonize; similar to my workflow with pre-existing MIDI files.

My latest video is creating a piece of music using just some tiny phrase fragments as building blocks for a melody.
Like in my earlier tutorial on creating Ragtime music with RapidComposer, I've taken 3 phrases from yellukhan's rich trove of great phrases and worked with them inside RapidComposer.
This time it's parts of a melody by Bach, which I turned into something new.

Watch the video here: RapidComposer - Working with Bach Fragments

Nice! Thank you, HiEnergy!

:idea: Make sure you subscribe to HiEnergyMusic on YouTube for great videos on music software, not just RapidComposer.

Thank you very much, Attila.

My latest video on RapidComposer is about creating a short snippet of EDM music using RapidComposer also for drums.
Watch it here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o-z1J0ksL1Y

Nice video ,it's great to see you showing the potential of what genres of music RC can make

would be good to see a in-depth video on rhythm and the piano pattern generator.

dammusic wrote: Thu Apr 18, 2019 3:58 pm Nice video ,it's great to see you showing the potential of what genres of music RC can make

would be good to see a in-depth video on rhythm and the piano pattern generator.
Thanks, dammusic.
I'll very likely do a video tutorial on the Piano Pattern Generator soon.
The various rhythm generators (Euclidean, Schillingers, Polyrhythmic) are quite complex. Maybe I'll even do those one by one.

That would be great, rhythm is something I'm definitely interested in learning more about . :tu:

My latest video deals with various Generators and their use for creating different accompaniments.
Watch the video here: RapidComposer - Different accompaniments for a Spring Traditional

Nice, thanks, HiEnergy! :clap:

dammusic wrote: Thu Apr 18, 2019 3:58 pm would be good to see a in-depth video on rhythm[...]
I've taken your suggestion and made a video explaining the various methods for automatic generation of rhythm in RapidComposer.

Watch it here: RapidComposer - Automated Rhythm Generation explained

I was so excited, that I watched this video immediately! :)
This is an excellent presentation about the rhythm generators in RapidComposer.
I could not do it better myself.
Well done, HiEnergy! :tu:

Thank you!
Attila

Just starting to watch it and notice you keep clicking rewind button to go back to start.
Is return to start on stop a preference that can be set?
Can generated patterns be saved for later recall?

musicdevelopments wrote: Sun May 05, 2019 5:02 pm I was so excited, that I watched this video immediately! :)
This is an excellent presentation about the rhythm generators in RapidComposer.
I could not do it better myself.
Well done, HiEnergy! :tu:

Thank you!
Attila
Thank you very much for your nice words, Attila!
I'm fascinated by RapidComposer's features and still keep discovering new possibilities, like e.g. to recreate 90s dance music rhythms by combining 3 values in the Toggle Intervals generator (see at about 02:08 in the video)
Musical Gym wrote: Mon May 06, 2019 12:46 am Just starting to watch it and notice you keep clicking rewind button to go back to start.
Is return to start on stop a preference that can be set?
Can generated patterns be saved for later recall?
I checked the transport-related options in the Settings dialog but didn't yet find a setting for for "Reset transport on stop" in RC. Maybe I've just overlooked it.
Created patterns can be saved as Phrases (rhythm and pitches of notes) and as Rhythms (only rhythmic component gets stored)

Return to “Tips & Tricks”