Obxd synthesizer

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
OB-Xd - Virtual Analog Synthesizer

discoDSP wrote: Sat May 04, 2019 5:35 pm
Hermetech Mastering wrote: Sat May 04, 2019 5:11 pm Just wanted to say thanks for this amazing little freebie. The only soft synth I have previously loved was Tyrell N6, but for my current project I wanted a lot of Oberheim style pad sounds. There are some in the various N6 banks, but it was a headache going through them all. I just installed Obxd and it's Oberheim pad heaven, right there in some banks, with no faffing around. Thank you!
Appreciated 👍🏼 Hopefully tomorrow I will share some amazing new regarding OB-Xd 😉
Going with Hermtech at both statements,
what drives me bananas are uncategorized Tyrell N6 presets a la "mambo jambo vodoo #1" ...

About to go closer into OB-Xd and now Sunday news, let`s see :phones:
Intel i7-4790K | Gigabyte Z97X-UD3H | 32GB Crucial Ballistix Sport | RME Babyface Pro | UAD PCIe Octo, Quad | Asus GT 730 | Toshiba DT01ACA200 2TB | LG GH24NSB0 | W10 Pro 64bit | S1 latest

Cheers, really! Tweaked a preset, added some FX and EQ:

http://hermetechmastering.com/Oberheim.wav

Hermetech Mastering wrote: Sat May 04, 2019 6:53 pm Cheers, really! Tweaked a preset, added some FX and EQ:

Nice! :clap:

Steve
Here's some of my stuff: https://soundcloud.com/shadowsoflife. If you hear something you like, I'm looking for collaborators.

Hermetech Mastering wrote: Sat May 04, 2019 6:53 pm Cheers, really! Tweaked a preset, added some FX and EQ:

Wow! :pray: :tu: :o Can I publish that music at our networks?

Of course, but it's hardly a completed composition, just two chords looped! But it does sound lovely. :) I'm starting to use it in tracks today.

It's a tweaked version of Kujashi's 'Vintage Strings' preset through Valhalla Space Modulator (in Ensemble360 mode, see preset below), and SKnote DDD.

<ValhallaSpaceModulator pluginVersion="1.0.7" presetName="Space Phaser" wetDry="0.6600000262260437" rate="0.6119999885559082" depth="0.2800000011920929" feedback="0.76399999856948853" manual="0.5429999828338623" Mode="0.90909093618392944"/>

I love putting Obxd in HD mode (anyone know what that is? Sounds smoother in the highs, am imagining it's some kind of oversampling? The manual isn't really very clear), and then rolling off some of the highs with the Bright control. I've yet to really dive into the different filter modes, still having too much fun with the presets!

Hermetech Mastering wrote: Sun May 05, 2019 10:05 am Of course, but it's hardly a completed composition, just two chords looped! But it does sound lovely. :) I'm starting to use it in tracks today.
Cool, thanks! People loves snippets (myself included) :D

Initial reaction : "Yes ! Gimme that c*nting V2 already!"

Cooled down reaction : "OBXD won't be free anymore?"

Still, we do not have a proper preset browser and management for Windows and macOS, which allow us to load and save presets, as well as managing banks, no matter which host we use. I think that would be much more important than an iOS version, especially in a time where the platform is declining. :-(
Fernando (FMR)

And now, for a super cooled reaction...

Is V2 update only for iOS ??? ...

What's iOS???

...asking for a friend...
Windows 10 and too many plugins

zzz00m wrote: Mon May 06, 2019 4:21 pm What's iOS???

The iPhone/iPad operating system. Sounds like OBX-D will become an app.

zzz00m wrote: Mon May 06, 2019 4:21 pm What's iOS???

A "shitty" software that pretends to be a "real" OS, and pilots shitty devices that pretend to be "real" computers.
Fernando (FMR)

so what's the "amazing news"?

AnX wrote: Mon May 06, 2019 4:43 pm so what's the "amazing news"?
something to do with io.
which i believe is one of jupiters moons? (could be saturn)

Return to “Instruments”