lkjb: TinyQ

Talk about all things "KVR Developer Challenge" related.
RELATED
PRODUCTS
TinyQ

hannesmenzel wrote:I can easily step between 20 and 21 Hz, but at the top end you have to deal with 500 Hz steps.
There's a finer resolution available if you Ctrl-drag (I think Cmd-drag on Mac).
Regarding the crash, I think I was able to track it down. I should manage to upload an update this week.
Russell Grand wrote:Perhaps my post was missed, or perhaps I was ignored.:hihi:
Sorry, I answered a similar question in another thread and forgot to reply here, too. The large GUI is simply rescaled which results in the blurry graphics. I'll probably change this after the DC when I find some time.

lkjb wrote:
hannesmenzel wrote:I can easily step between 20 and 21 Hz, but at the top end you have to deal with 500 Hz steps.
There's a finer resolution available if you Ctrl-drag (I think Cmd-drag on Mac).
Regarding the crash, I think I was able to track it down. I should manage to upload an update this week.
Sorry, I answered a similar question in another thread and forgot to reply here, too. The large GUI is simply rescaled which results in the blurry graphics. I'll probably change this after the DC when I find some time.
Cool, thanks for the reply :D

lkjb wrote:
Both great!

The crash when dragging handles should be fixed in the just uploaded update.

Thanks for the update :)
EnergyXT3 - LMMS - FL Studio | Roland SH201 - Waldorf Rocket | SoundCloud - Bandcamp

I just released an update which uses IPlug-Youlean, removing the splash screen and analytics requirement of JUCE's Personal license.
There's also a larger window size available and the windows size can now be defaulted for new instances.

Please be aware that due to the framework change some compatibility issues with saved plugin data may occur:
- VST2 seems to be fully compatible.
- VST3 won't be recognized. Simply using an old version of TinyQ, even after saving a project, should work, though.
- AU for some reason loads the plugin but resets all parameters. No idea why this is happening, not even changing the plugin ID resulted in different behavior. There's a reason I loath Audio Unit.

I only tested in Reaper. In case of loading old projects one should use the previous version (1.0.2) of TinyQ which is also available on the kvr TinyQ page.

:0 Thanks dude! Btw, does this mean this version is a "beta"?

heavymetalmixer wrote: Sat May 04, 2019 2:08 pm :0 Thanks dude! Btw, does this mean this version is a "beta"?
Good question. Since this is only a hobby and I don't do very thorough tests (as I have neither lots of DAWs nor the time) you shouldn't expect the stability of software you spent lots of money on. But on the other hand, the dsp code is the same and I'm quite sure that it's stable. Aside from the mentioned issues which - except for the blank resized VST3 window on macOS Mojave - only relate to loading data from old projects, I'd say the plugin is quite stable.

That said, it's probably not a bad idea to consider it as open beta for a month or so.

A bug report: The VST3 (x64) version is not detected in Reaper 5.976 x64 no matter what, I even tried deleting the old version and starting a new project, but the plugin never appears in the list.

Windows Ultimate SP1 x64.

Btw, nice that the slope knob for the HPF now works as intented (turning it down the slope becomes steeper). Sadly the slope for the LPF still works like the one in the old version.

Thank you very much for this update! :clap:
A bug report: the visualization of the graph does not show well cuts of frequencies and slopes. VST2, Reaper x64, Windows 64
Regards
Last edited by Iu Gob on Sat May 04, 2019 8:23 pm, edited 1 time in total.
La Selección "Definitiva" de Software Musical Gratuito
https://selecciondefinitiva.wordpress.com/

One suggestion: control the output signal to compensate for individual gains.
Thank you again for this awesome plugin and for continuing its development.
Regards

heavymetalmixer wrote: Sat May 04, 2019 7:53 pm A bug report: The VST3 (x64) version is not detected in Reaper 5.976 x64 no matter what, I even tried deleting the old version and starting a new project, but the plugin never appears in the list.
This is strange, it works fine on my machine in Reaper 5.976/x64. Did you try "Clear Cache/Rescan"?
Btw, nice that the slope knob for the HPF now works as intented (turning it down the slope becomes steeper). Sadly the slope for the LPF still works like the one in the old version.
I changed the behavior to match the knob rotation. I understand your point but I'm afraid this is a question of taste, making it hard do it completely right. If I have lots of spare time I maybe make it an option.
Iu Gob wrote: Sat May 04, 2019 8:12 pm A bug report: the visualization of the graph does not show well cuts of frequencies and slopes. VST2, Reaper x64, Windows 64
Could you elaborate the issue?
Iu Gob wrote: Sat May 04, 2019 8:22 pm One suggestion: control the output signal to compensate for individual gains.
Do you mean an autogain feature or an additional output gain knob? For an additional knob the user interface would have to be changed.

Thanks for the reply. Sorry I was wrong with the information. TinyQ x64 VST2 works fine. The bug is when using TinyQ x86 in Reaper x64 (with the bridge). Then the visualization of the graphics works badly. It is corrected if you open the plugin again. The bug is also when using TinyQ x86 in Reaper x86 Windows 32 Bits. Then the graphics do not show the audio signal. If it helps I can record a video.
Do you mean an autogain feature or an additional output gain knob? For an additional knob the user interface would have to be changed.
I was referring to an output gain knob. It's not important. It was a suggestion for improvement. The plugin is great as it is.
Regards
Last edited by Iu Gob on Tue May 07, 2019 7:59 am, edited 2 times in total.

Ok, did a "Clear Cache/Rescan" and the VST3 x64 version still doesn't appear in Reaper 5.976 x64.

The VST3 x64 did not show in Studio One 3.5 on Windows 10, VST 2 is fine. Thanks.
Last edited by The Noodlist on Tue May 07, 2019 1:40 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Is materialism devouring your musical output? :ud:

Return to “KVR Developer Challenge 2023”