Cherry Audio Voltage modular

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
Voltage Modular Core + Electro Drums Voltage Modular Ignite Voltage Modular Nucleus

Gone soft wrote: Mon Apr 01, 2019 9:08 pm
I found some of the modules in the store within Voltage Modular, ignored the pricetag and doubleclicked to see what happened. And voilà, the module appeared within the patch as I hoped. Cumbersome but at least it works til it's fixed. ;-)
EDIT: also thanks for letting us know, some of these are quite useful. :tu:
[/quote]

Welcome!

I tried as you said, couldn't. The window with the module description and the price appeared. Will have to wait until then. Anyway, Thanks for the tip!

EDIT Fixed, all Macaulay modules are showing now in Voltage :party:

UnbalancedBeats wrote: Mon Apr 01, 2019 9:24 pm EDIT Fixed, all Macaulay modules are showing now in Voltage :party:
Still some issues over here.
E.g., Matrix-Switch (8x8) shows in Library but won't take place within the Cabinet...

nordickvr wrote: Tue Apr 02, 2019 11:55 pm Still some issues over here.
E.g., Matrix-Switch (8x8) shows in Library but won't take place within the Cabinet...
Seems to find it's place just fine here. :) Could it be some issue with screen resolution or something perhaps (pure speculation, just trying to think of some reason it'll work for me here but not for you)?
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

EDIT: double post, see next post. now i know how the problem of double posting happens... if you reply to yourself, when you want to edit, and not quite awake. i wanted only wanted to edit. o well. see next post!! a modular approach to posting....
Last edited by WasteLand on Wed Apr 03, 2019 6:22 am, edited 1 time in total.

WasteLand wrote: Wed Apr 03, 2019 6:17 am
nordickvr wrote: Tue Apr 02, 2019 11:55 pm
UnbalancedBeats wrote: Mon Apr 01, 2019 9:24 pm EDIT Fixed, all Macaulay modules are showing now in Voltage :party:
Still some issues over here.
i notice sometimes when i drag a module into the cabinet, it doesn't stick (english not native.......), and it shows only a yellow background, the module background a called it now.. it is only sometimes, on my low resolution laptop especially, when a drag and drop, and i do not the right way, to quickly, seems to be it. sometimes erratic. but that is beside the point for the matrix-switch: it shows up in the cabinet, it take its place...

and.... andrew has updated its help pages! the reference now to his own website, and they are visual help pages, for very easy understanding. i didn't check for all modules, yet. but, yes great.

here is the link to his website, specially made (for now?) for VM modules;

https://andrewmacaulaymusic.uk/modules/

EDIT: it is complete with release notes, handy. a general help page, for tips, seems to be work in progress, but nice. a full website for his modules, with a lot of info, to come, and already there. this is the way to go, also for other developers, perhaps. it is great for beginners, but also for deeper understanding.

EDIT 2: it was already anounced yesterday on kvr... main page.. and there are new tutorial presets.

so nice work! this is the way to go. it makes it a more developed platform.

question, i have sometimes an obsession (i think most of us have them) with some kind of plugin, or better: type of plugin. a time ago that was with transient shapers, and now i have 4 of those. 4 with different approuches.

now i am into envelope followers, and i called in my head pitch follower, but i meant multi-band "follower".

the built in envelope follower of VM works, but has no sensitivity nor rise. but it works. the psp one is great, but i like to think that the cherry audio envelope follower can be extended, with the use of other modules. i am no modular expert. i have some ideas. not yet tested.

i tested an idee for multi-band, simple use 4 band pass filters (could me more, could be less), so you every band give different effects or treatment. a threshold module can also be used after a band pass filter, i guess, to fine tweak. or an... envelope follower.

the idea is to build a basic patch, or cabinet(s) for use as FX, there are plugins out there that can do those things, but i already have the effects, but not yet the modulation capabilities. yes it can be done in ableton live 10 suite, but that isn't mult-platform (platform=DAW here)... or in reason, i guess, haven't looked into it yet, with reason. yes you can rewire.

but is the fun of building your own dream effect or synth.

and i use VM, i repeat, as a modular, and i allready have a half-finished track with VM as basis (imported into machine as sample, audio plugin).

but i mainly was interested in the plugin host, and the modulation options. glitcmachines quadrant has an envelope follower, don't remember if it has something like a "pitch" follower.

i have built interesting, many interesting, useable presets in softube modular. VM i use for a different approach, and strangely i must delve deeper.

perhaps someone understands my goal, and can give some advice.

the use of band pass filters is that strange to achieve multiband processing?

Gone soft wrote: Wed Apr 03, 2019 12:49 am
nordickvr wrote: Tue Apr 02, 2019 11:55 pm Still some issues over here.
Seems to find it's place just fine here. :) Could it be some issue with screen resolution or something perhaps (pure speculation, just trying to think of some reason it'll work for me here but not for you)?
Retried this morning with no issue???
Last time I tried, using either "Add" or "Drag & Drop" options, nothing happened.
Some glitch?
To much drug?
Let's dance :ud:

Heard there was some new updates shown yesterday, any word from the developers? Looking forward to it!

Hi KVR friends,

We had a great time showing Voltage Modular at Synthplex in Burbank. Thanks to all of you that came to visit us at the show! We met some great developers at the show and they're already working on new modules. You can see a bit of our demo here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=en5x90HGnps
In other news, Voltage 1.3.10 has been released today, with some small but important updates that will improve performance and help make Voltage Modular even more powerful.
  • For those using multiple CPU threads and running Voltage Modular in a DAW, these mixing threads are now shared between multiple instances on Voltage Modular. This will help making mixing very efficient, while not overwhelming your computer's resources.
  • Users of FL Studio who are using samples rates other than 48 kHz will find that Voltage Modular works great now without setting any special flags in FL Studio.
  • Preferences in Voltage Modular are now global between instances, so if you have multiple instances of Voltage Modular loaded in a DAW, and you change the cable thickness or any other preference in the preference dialog, those changes will immediately get picked up by all other instances of Voltage Modular.
  • Users of the stand-alone version have a new preference. When you exit Voltage Modular stand-alone, your current patch will be remembered, and will come up exactly as you left it the next time you run Voltage Modular stand-alone. Pretty nifty!
  • For developers: we've updated our Java engine from Java 8 to Java 11, so module developers now have even more powerful tools in their toolbox. Also, developers can now call GetDefaultValue() on most controls, including sliders, switches, and knobs. Also, new notifications are sent at the start and end of loading a module preset.
Voltage Modular 1.3.10 is available now! Next time you run Voltage Modular, it should automatically download the update, or, as always, you can visit https://store.cherryaudio.com/my/library to download the update immediately!

Finally, we're excited to announce that we now have a KVR Manufacturer's Forum, available here: viewforum.php?f=296. We had some great conversations at Synthplex with the folks who run KVR, and we're hoping to get more involved in this community in a number of ways. We'll keep you updated!

Thanks as always,
- Dan @ Cherry Audio
Last edited by cherryDan on Wed Apr 10, 2019 1:17 am, edited 2 times in total.

Oh, one more thing. We're creating a video series called Beginner's Guide to Voltage Modular. For those who may be a bit overwhelmed by modular synthesis, we're hoping to simplify the art by starting with the basics and working our way up. Check it out and let us know what you think!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Xe_EoXOMMU4&t=5s
Thanks,
- Dan @ Cherry Audio

So this is currently $29 at plugin boutique.
At that price I am very intrigued.

Edit: it looks like it's a smaller bundle called voltage modular ignite that is on sale.
I am not quite as interested now. I don't want to hassle with a bunch of micro transaction nonsense just to get the capabilities I want.
These modular emulations are so authentic that they've even modeled the money pit experience of owning a real modular rig.

Local Man wrote: Thu May 09, 2019 2:38 am These modular emulations are so authentic that they've even modeled the money pit experience of owning a real modular rig.
... at a fraction of the cost! :party:

plexuss wrote: Thu May 09, 2019 2:58 am
Local Man wrote: Thu May 09, 2019 2:38 am These modular emulations are so authentic that they've even modeled the money pit experience of owning a real modular rig.
Yeah, so now you can be a middle aged rich guy who never finishes a track on any budget. :D

Local Man wrote: Thu May 09, 2019 3:05 am
Yeah, so now you can be a middle aged rich guy who never finishes a track on any budget. :D
My music output over the last 4 years. So, now what? :phones:

https://soundcloud.com/musicofplexus/sets/tracks

plexuss wrote: Thu May 09, 2019 3:07 am
Local Man wrote: Thu May 09, 2019 3:05 am
My music output over the last 4 years. So, now what? :phones:

https://soundcloud.com/musicofplexus/sets/tracks
That wasn't aimed directly at you. You're comment was kind of ambiguous so I wasn't sure what you're agenda was (I get it now).
My advice: don't take things too personally on the internet.

Return to “Instruments”