Super 8 - New polysynth by Native Instruments

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

EvilDragon wrote: Wed May 08, 2019 1:52 pm Yes you'd need the full version of Reaktor.

Oh, no wonder I couldn’t get it working last night. Martinjuenke said Reaktor Player would work, unless I am mistaken.. :shrug:

Yeah, i don't think you can change anything in the structure in Reaktor Player, can you? Hence "Player".

EvilDragon wrote: Wed May 08, 2019 1:52 pm Yes you'd need the full version of Reaktor.
So you need the full version of Reaktor to use Super8 demo as well? I tried last night and it doenst work in Player. I cant figure out if I am too stupid for Reaktor as I have never used it. (All my other NI VSTs work in Player). It works fine in Maschine as a VST though.
🌐 Spotify 🔵 Soundcloud 🌀 Soundclick

Gear & Setup: Windows 10, Dual Xeon, 32GB RAM, Cubase 10.5/9.5, NI Komplete Audio 6, NI Maschine, NI Jam, NI Kontakt

Examigan wrote: Wed May 08, 2019 2:12 pm

Oh, no wonder I couldn’t get it working last night. Martinjuenke said Reaktor Player would work, unless I am mistaken.. :shrug:
From NI Product Page:

AT A GLANCE: SUPER 8
Product type: KOMPLETE Instrument
Number of presest: 350+
Sound categories: Bass, Leads, Keys, Instruments, Pads, Soundscapes, Drums, FX
For use with: Runs in the free REAKTOR PLAYER or the latest version of REAKTOR. Please see the the REAKTOR PLAYER FAQ.
Download size: 51 MB

Am I missing something?

martinjuenke wrote: Wed May 08, 2019 2:30 pm

From NI Product Page:

For use with: Runs in the free REAKTOR PLAYER or the latest version of REAKTOR. Please see the the REAKTOR PLAYER FAQ.

Am I missing something?
I tried it in Reaktor 6 and 5 player last night. No go. Maybe I am missing a setting in output. I will try again and check manual.
🌐 Spotify 🔵 Soundcloud 🌀 Soundclick

Gear & Setup: Windows 10, Dual Xeon, 32GB RAM, Cubase 10.5/9.5, NI Komplete Audio 6, NI Maschine, NI Jam, NI Kontakt

You don't need full Reaktor to demo it. You need to drop the librrary in the folder where your other libraries are, though, for Reaktor (Player) to be able to find it. Or... you use File -> Open from within Reaktor (Player).

martinjuenke wrote: Wed May 08, 2019 2:30 pm

From NI Product Page:

Am I missing something?
he was asking about opening it up to edit the ensemble.

Sorry, my fault reading and answering too quick...

You can definitely demo it in Reaktor Player, it should open, but there's a time limit. Once you buy it and authorize it, there will be no time limit. But you cannot do any structure edits in the Player (for obvious reasons), for that you do need full Reaktor.

first impression - nothing special - just another boring synth.

sacer wrote: Thu May 09, 2019 8:58 am first impression - nothing special - just another boring synth.
Goes well with Valhalla Delay - just another boring delay. :tu: :clap:

Not.

Who has actually bought Super 8 and can say something about it in under 10 words?

LoveEnigma18 wrote: Thu May 09, 2019 12:41 pm Who has actually bought Super 8 and can say something about it in under 10 words?
I still didn't buy it, but did play some days ago, and went back again yesterday. I got surprised (as the first time) how inspiring it is to me. The presets are great, the GUI is beautiful and sounds really good (I think it's not on par with XILS/ TAL synths, but stillgood). It lacks some features I'd like to see in this type of synth, but I guess the essential is there.

Huh..
I think went a little over 10 words

Return to “Instruments”