30%

Total votes: 562

RELATED
PRODUCTS

Aloysius wrote: Thu May 09, 2019 7:40 am Signed,

dupont (age 5)
you're a genius. :clap:

whyterabbyt wrote: Thu May 09, 2019 9:10 am
mguerrero90 wrote: Wed May 08, 2019 6:57 pmI mean, lets be honest, most people that use a DAW are kids and non-technical people
Says the guy who's literally just posted asking how to automate gain.
:hihi:

mguerrero90 wrote: Wed May 08, 2019 6:57 pm Honestly, who gives a rats ass about a f**king interface. What we are making is supposed to be 100% based on our ears.
This is really not thought-through well at all. Who cares about workflow? Who cares about a better working situation provided for you right out-the-box? People that aren't you might. People whose ideas are formed, maybe.

100% based on our ears is meaningless really. If it's a PITA to do normal things, particularly for people who've done this with other hosts, "based on our ears" is a non-sequitur. I personally don't feel I have the time for it in this lifetime.
It would be more trouble for a blind person with an assistant to do many things, for that matter. Some people OTOH enjoy manufacturing their own, but in itself it's rather an inchoate design.

whyterabbyt wrote: Thu May 09, 2019 9:10 am
mguerrero90 wrote: Wed May 08, 2019 6:57 pmI mean, lets be honest, most people that use a DAW are kids and non-technical people
Says the guy who's literally just posted asking how to automate gain.
yea, I nearly have a computer science degree but I hate technology tbh. I still figured it out though and was able to find a number of solutions that work well for me. And it was how to automate with a specific controller, which you have to dive into a specific REAPER function not available in other DAWs (actions). And it still didnt work perfectly right, at the end of the day I had to do exactly what I didnt want to do that I said I would in the original post and it worked fine. Im still going to attempt to write my own vsts for this function cause why not.

At least I dont believe my lack of reading comprehension to be a strength.

jancivil wrote: Thu May 09, 2019 4:49 pm
mguerrero90 wrote: Wed May 08, 2019 6:57 pm Honestly, who gives a rats ass about a f**king interface. What we are making is supposed to be 100% based on our ears.
This is really not thought-through well at all. Who cares about workflow? Who cares about a better working situation provided for you right out-the-box? People that aren't you might. People whose ideas are formed, maybe.

100% based on our ears is meaningless really. If it's a PITA to do normal things, particularly for people who've done this with other hosts, "based on our ears" is a non-sequitur. I personally don't feel I have the time for it in this lifetime.
It would be more trouble for a blind person with an assistant to do many things, for that matter. Some people OTOH enjoy manufacturing their own, but in itself it's rather an inchoate design.
workflow can be in your head or it can be feed to you. Ive read of several djs, ricardo villalobos most notably state that any good producer should be able to sound like himself on any platform. If not then what you are hearing is the platform and not the musician.

jancivil wrote: Thu May 09, 2019 4:49 pm workflow can be in your head or it can be feed to you. Ive read of several djs, ricardo villalobos most notably state that any good producer should be able to sound like himself on any platform. If not then what you are hearing is the platform and not the musician.
Any good producer have good ghost writers who master the DAW better than him.

dupont wrote: Fri May 10, 2019 7:21 am
jancivil wrote: Thu May 09, 2019 4:49 pm workflow can be in your head or it can be feed to you. Ive read of several djs, ricardo villalobos most notably state that any good producer should be able to sound like himself on any platform. If not then what you are hearing is the platform and not the musician.
Ah, so the 'producer' doesnt do what producers used to do, he writes music. And the ghost writer doesnt write the music, he does what producers used to do.
Makes sense.
I presume by now 'engineer' is the name for the guy who carries the equipment to and from the van.
my other modular synth is a bugbrand

Now I know that I need a ghostwriter!
free mp3s + info: andy-enroe.de songs + weird stuff: enroe.de

who yah gonna call
The highest form of knowledge is empathy, for it requires us to suspend our egos and live in another's world. It requires profound, purpose‐larger‐than‐the‐self kind of understanding.

Hink wrote: Fri May 10, 2019 12:44 pm who yah gonna call
The nearest asylum at this rate.
my other modular synth is a bugbrand

whyterabbyt wrote: Fri May 10, 2019 12:36 pm I presume by now 'engineer' is the name for the guy who carries the equipment to and from the van.
dave.

whyterabbyt wrote: Fri May 10, 2019 12:45 pm
Hink wrote: Fri May 10, 2019 12:44 pm who yah gonna call
The nearest asylum at this rate.
say hi to...oh nevermind he just posted
The highest form of knowledge is empathy, for it requires us to suspend our egos and live in another's world. It requires profound, purpose‐larger‐than‐the‐self kind of understanding.

:o

vurt wrote: Fri May 10, 2019 12:55 pm:o
:hug:

dupont wrote: Fri May 10, 2019 7:21 am
I didn't write that, and I never heard of that guy. I know from Heitor Villa-Lobos. :)

Return to “Hosts & Applications (Sequencers, DAWs, Audio Editors, etc.)”