FYI!! Melda SoundFactory ON SALE til JUNE 30

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Locked New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
MSoundFactory MSoundFactory Sound Library

I used to be turned off by the Melda interface for effects. But now I've come to really appreciate the interface and the power and depth that their effects plugins provide. I don't think that they're too complex once you learn the layout a little bit. They really enable you to be creative in ways that you wouldn't typically get with other plugins. And if you want to stay simple and quick, you can do that as well, as most have an "easy" mode. Plus they sound fantastic.

As far as their instruments, I am tempted but unsure. MDrummer looked cool but it also looked insanely complicated. MSF looks kind of like the same situation. . . immense depth and power but hugely complex as well. I'm still considering picking it up though because the price is damn fine.

I like when the design is such that the 20% of things that you use 80% of the time are easily accessible, and the 80% of things that you use 20% of the time are out of the way unless you want them. I think this is especially important for instruments because when you're in the middle of being creative, getting in the weeds with knobs and sliders and values can be a total creativity killer.

If you enable 8 operators in the fm oscilator , it really shows that the developer had put zero thought in a clear layout and usable workflow .
Melda plugs have always relied heavy on pop up windows , bu I challenge anyone to create a 6 operator patch with the fm block
Eyeball exchanging
Soul calibrating ..frequencies

DocSnyder wrote: Fri May 10, 2019 7:11 pm Great design of the FM section :lol: :dog: :ud:

https://imgur.com/a/vWpvnJ6
LOL you beat me too it :D
Eyeball exchanging

gentleclockdivider wrote: Fri May 10, 2019 9:35 pm
DocSnyder wrote: Fri May 10, 2019 7:11 pm Great design of the FM section :lol: :dog: :ud:

LOL "Glad" you had this problem too. First thought it might be my "only" full hd res. But indeed this is the result of the html like framset ui coding from the 90s :D

DocSnyder wrote: Fri May 10, 2019 9:45 pm
gentleclockdivider wrote: Fri May 10, 2019 9:35 pm

LOL "Glad" you had this problem too. First thought it might be my "only" full hd res. But indeed this is the result of the html like framset ui coding from the 90s :D
You both know that this is the beta stage, right? :roll:

enCiphered wrote: Fri May 10, 2019 9:52 pm You both know that this is the beta stage, right? :roll:
You know those are not small beta bugs but basic design flaws, right? :roll:
You know stuff like that is meant when people say no thanks to their ui, right? :roll:

I think melda stuff sounds great , but imho just throwing all his plus into 1 framework ( plus a few new additions ) isn't really going get him a lot of new customers .
Oth , the sound potential is huge
The fm synth has all the potential of being a great standalone fm synth if some thought went into the algoritm routing layout
What's even more confusing , by default the routing is serial ..from left to rigth
You can't route operator 3 to 1 , for that you need to enable feedback , this will show RED sliders ( default dark blue sliders are feedback per operator
)
But this is the only way to translate dx7 algoritms
Now it's just unusable ...
I am tempted to buy it ...but I don't think he will adress those issues
Last edited by gentleclockdivider on Fri May 10, 2019 10:10 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Eyeball exchanging

DocSnyder wrote: Fri May 10, 2019 9:57 pm
enCiphered wrote: Fri May 10, 2019 9:52 pm You both know that this is the beta stage, right? :roll:
You know stuff like that is meant when people say no thanks to their ui, right? :roll:
So you already know you don't like the UI of Melda, try a demo beta version of their product, find a bug, then come on KVR and talk shit about Melda. . . :clap:

Uh no , I have used melda mxxx a lot during beta stage and even promoted it extensively on gearslutz , eventually I didn't buy it because of the verry steep price .
I am well aware of the power of melda plugs , and even it's per sample calcaluted modulation rate if enabled ( cpu hog )
Hois plugs are top notch , ...and to some extent I can dig the gui workflow , but it's a recurring issue about all his (modular ) plugs
We'll see what the future brings
Eyeball exchanging

rlared wrote: Fri May 10, 2019 10:08 pm
So you already know you don't like the UI of Melda, try a demo beta version of their product, find a bug, then come on KVR and talk shit about Melda. . . :clap:
Like others in this thread I gave this plugin a try, even if I had an opinion about them before :tu: This is not a bug but a design decision...

DocSnyder wrote: Fri May 10, 2019 10:16 pm
Like others in this thread I gave this plugin a try, even if I had an opinion about them before :tu: This is not a bug but a design decision...
Yeah I mean I get that you don't like the design of the FM section and I don't disagree with you. But it's an extremely complex synth that was just released in beta yesterday. And it's released by Melda, who has the same exact interface on every single plugin they release. So what are you getting out of jumping into this thread and posting criticisms of Melda?

So what's the problem? you don't like the gui, ok, then you could say something to Melda about what you think if you have better ideas in mind. Or do you have something more personal against him or people that likes the products from him?

Don't get me wrong, if people like to express themselves I guess is a right that is respected, but when the attitude of some of those individuals seems semi trolling, or bashing or with some unknown motives behind I don't know what to think, has ocurred before with some Melda threads. This is a powerful synth and is in beta (still not the entire package), you don't like it, other people love it, fair enough.

Contrary to some wrong misconception, is not difficult to use for everything it does, the big versatility has some learning curve and sometimes is difficult to make always things easy when ones wants deeper customization and configuration in the synth. The porpoise of this synth is clearly to be an all around sort of thing and is making it, is not trying to do the default stuffs we see all time, "one screen yeah let's play", just no.

And I think that as synths/modular/workstation so deep like some few others, is just not for everyone, but it seems that more simple version of Msoundfactory will be released so there you got it if interested.

rlared wrote: Fri May 10, 2019 10:23 pm
DocSnyder wrote: Fri May 10, 2019 10:16 pm
Yeah I mean I get that you don't like the design of the FM section and I don't disagree with you. But it's an extremely complex synth that was just released in beta yesterday. And it's released by Melda, who has the same exact interface on every single plugin they release. So what are you getting out of jumping into this thread and posting criticisms of Melda?
So only people who love Melda are allowed to be here?

I have 4 Melda plugins and will probably be getting MSF. But their GUI design is a train wreck. You either learn to love it or, at least, tolerate it and use it or you don't get Melda stuff. It's that simple.

Believe me, as a Melda user, I can absolutely understand people hating their design. And the fact that MSF is in beta has nothing to do with how bad their design is from a usability standpoint. Version 4 of this synth (if it ever gets to that) won't be any better designed than this one is.

I've come to accept that and overlook it because I want the power that their products provide. MTurboReverb and MTurboDelay are my favorite reverbs and delays.

Not because their GUIs make me feel all warm and fuzzy.

rlared wrote: Fri May 10, 2019 10:23 pm Yeah I mean I get that you don't like the design of the FM section and I don't disagree with you. But it's an extremely complex synth that was just released in beta yesterday. And it's released by Melda, who has the same exact interface on every single plugin they release. So what are you getting out of jumping into this thread and posting criticisms of Melda?
Noted. Not allowed to say an opinion before asking rlared for permission to do so :lol: Please just put me on your ignore list because I'm gonna write more if I have something to say :wink:

JunSev wrote: Fri May 10, 2019 10:26 pm So what's the problem? you don't like the gui, ok, then you could say something to Melda about what you think if you have better ideas in mind. Or do you have something more personal against him or people that likes the products from him?

Don't get me wrong, if people like to express themselves I guess is a right that is respected, but when the attitude of some of those individuals seems semi trolling, or bashing or with some unknown motives behind I don't know what to think, has ocurred before with some Melda threads. This is a powerful synth and is in beta (still not the entire package), you don't like it, other people love it, fair enough.
I get you're a fangirl. Earlier in this thread you already tried that same thing on someone else. Shame on you. And please don't try to turn it like everyone disagreeing with you is suddenly a hater, troll or whatever.

Return to “Instruments”