Hey IK, When You Finally Do MODO Guitar...

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

How about a Brian May Red Special?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0K_7TRhIQQk

It boggles my mind that so far NONE of the companies that make virtual guitars have anything where you can control pickup switches, let alone anything like this.

Come on IK. This is your chance to blow everything out of the water that currently exists.

wagtunes wrote: Fri May 10, 2019 3:40 pm Come on IK. This is your chance to blow everything out of the water that currently exists.
they will miss it, as per usual.
I don't know what to write here that won't be censored, as I can only speak in profanity.

They would also have to model Brian May or people would complain that they don’t sound like him... Impossible to tackle...

Tj Shredder wrote: Sat May 11, 2019 4:37 am They would also have to model Brian May or people would complain that they don’t sound like him... Impossible to tackle...
I don't think you're giving people enough credit. We buy a lot of things and don't expect to sound like the people who use them.

At least I don't.

wagtunes wrote: Fri May 10, 2019 3:40 pm It boggles my mind that so far NONE of the companies that make virtual guitars have anything where you can control pickup switches, let alone anything like this.
You should demo BlueCat's Re-Guitar for pickup related
modeling and options. And also the Axiom ampsim suite
(it contains their Late Replies, Destructor, and Re-Guitar plugins,
and hosts 3rd party plugins as well. Occasional sound fadeouts
are the demo restriction, no annoying noises. Sounds great
withh guitars, virtual or otherwise.
Cheers

glokraw wrote: Sat May 11, 2019 11:42 am
wagtunes wrote: Fri May 10, 2019 3:40 pm It boggles my mind that so far NONE of the companies that make virtual guitars have anything where you can control pickup switches, let alone anything like this.
Cheers
I'm sorry but you actually need a REAL guitar to use this.

wagtunes wrote: Sat May 11, 2019 11:46 am
Cheers
With Re-Guitar you can automate the pickup output type on the fly in the 'custom' mode, which would achieve similar. Of course these things stand and fall on the quality of the emulations - in this case the acoustic emulation is a bit ropey (but no worse than any other - convincing electric to acoustic is still not doable properly at the moment, even my Variax is shite) but the electric modelled pickups are really, really good.

I'd really love a Mick Mars model....or Buckethead. :P
None are so hopelessly enslaved as those who falsely believe they are free. Johann Wolfgang von Goethe

Teksonik wrote: Sat May 11, 2019 12:17 pm or Buckethead. :P
that's easy - just attach a random number generator and make it produce MIDI notes :)
I don't know what to write here that won't be censored, as I can only speak in profanity.

Not that easy. Buckethead is a very technical and highly competent player along the lines of Paul Gilbert. The red gate button on his guitar is a bit gimmicky but he does use it to great advantage.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dyQJH615KwA
None are so hopelessly enslaved as those who falsely believe they are free. Johann Wolfgang von Goethe

donkey tugger wrote: Sat May 11, 2019 12:11 pm
Cheers
With Re-Guitar you can automate the pickup output type on the fly in the 'custom' mode, which would achieve similar. Of course these things stand and fall on the quality of the emulations - in this case the acoustic emulation is a bit ropey (but no worse than any other - convincing electric to acoustic is still not doable properly at the moment, even my Variax is shite) but the electric modelled pickups are really, really good.
All that aside, from the video anyway, it appears you still need to have an actual guitar to use this. I no longer own a guitar. That's why I'm looking for something like MODO Bass except for guitar.

wagtunes wrote: Sat May 11, 2019 12:32 pm
Cheers
All that aside, from the video anyway, it appears you still need to have an actual guitar to use this. I no longer own a guitar. That's why I'm looking for something like MODO Bass except for guitar.
Nah, you don't. All you have to do is tell it whether the input signal is single coil or humbucker - doesn't matter if it's real or sampled guitar.

donkey tugger wrote: Sat May 11, 2019 12:57 pm
Cheers
Nah, you don't. All you have to do is tell it whether the input signal is single coil or humbucker - doesn't matter if it's real or sampled guitar.
Ah, so it'll work with my Music Labs and VIR 2 guitars?

wagtunes wrote: Sat May 11, 2019 12:59 pm
donkey tugger wrote: Sat May 11, 2019 12:57 pm
Cheers
Ah, so it'll work with my Music Labs and VIR 2 guitars?
Aye, stick it straight after the guitar plug-in (of course it needs to be a dry signal) before any other effects or eq etc.

What you really, really want is that killer Lil Wayne Tone ...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8g762REJWcg
Anyone who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities.

Return to “Instruments”