Hey IK, When You Finally Do MODO Guitar...

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

as are some men, its not a sexist thing.

wags, what is it about mr mays tone you like?
perhaps we can find some other way to recreate something similar?

donkey tugger wrote: Sat May 11, 2019 5:27 pm
Bombadil wrote: Sat May 11, 2019 5:25 pm Besides, gee-tar playing is much more impressive to the babes than twiddling parameters.
Not with a 12 string..."If you just hang around for half an hour love, I'm sure I'll have it in tune.."
Well, yeah, if you insist on playing €100 instruments. My 12 string is easy to tune and stays tuned, pretty well.
“The American fascist would prefer not to use violence. His method is to poison the channels of public information.”
-Henry A. Wallace

more :popcorn:

im gonna be fat.

Another suggestion would be collaboration with an actual guitarist. We're a dime a dozen.
“The American fascist would prefer not to use violence. His method is to poison the channels of public information.”
-Henry A. Wallace

vurt wrote: Sat May 11, 2019 5:31 pm more :popcorn:

im gonna be fat.
:lol:

BTW, my intent is not to troll. I can understand not wanting to invest in learning the cello or the oboe, but the guitar?
Last edited by Bombadil on Sat May 11, 2019 5:35 pm, edited 1 time in total.
-Henry A. Wallace

Bombadil wrote: Sat May 11, 2019 5:32 pm Another suggestion would be collaboration with an actual guitarist. We're a dime a dozen.
:help: :lol:

Bombadil wrote: Sat May 11, 2019 5:30 pm
Bombadil wrote: Sat May 11, 2019 5:25 pm Besides, gee-tar playing is much more impressive to the babes than twiddling parameters.
Not with a 12 string..."If you just hang around for half an hour love, I'm sure I'll have it in tune.."
Well, yeah, if you insist on playing €100 instruments. My 12 string is easy to tune and stays tuned, pretty well.
Didn't you have to send it back? :lol:

vurt wrote: Sat May 11, 2019 5:29 pm wags, what is it about mr mays tone you like?
perhaps we can find some other way to recreate something similar?
You would need to be a HUGE Queen fan to understand.

donkey tugger wrote: Sat May 11, 2019 5:43 pm

Not my acoustic. The first Gretsch, yeah, but the 2nd one is very easy to play, and holds its tuning even after sitting in its case for a few days.
-Henry A. Wallace

Bombadil wrote: Sat May 11, 2019 5:30 pm

12 strings almost perfectly tuned, but not quite, saves time,
and depending on the song, can be more interesting than unison
and perfect octaves. Kinda like the nuances between
various 'clean' tones. Cue the amp wars...

"You call that clean ? :dog: "

"It IS clean, and your clock is about to be clean, too :x "

:hyper:

Intonation on my electric 12er was adjusted when I had it set-up in January. I try to avoid the chorus-y effect of 'not quite in tune' as much as possible. My acoustic 12er's intonation is about as good as you can get on an acoustic.
-Henry A. Wallace

Bombadil wrote: Sat May 11, 2019 5:45 pm
donkey tugger wrote: Sat May 11, 2019 5:43 pm

Not my acoustic. The first Gretsch, yeah, but the 2nd one is very easy to play, and holds its tuning even after sitting in its case for a few days.
I was joking of course..and in my original post too.. The cheapy 12 string acoustic is easy to tune, and does stay in tune..except when I knock it over (all the time..). Sounds bloody good too - nicely balanced for recording purposes (most important for me) with little eq etc needed, and easy to play. Sometimes you get lucky..

wagtunes wrote: Sat May 11, 2019 4:39 pm
ShawnG wrote: Sat May 11, 2019 3:47 pm
wagtunes wrote: Sat May 11, 2019 1:43 pm Well, I've been watching the BlueCat videos and it doesn't have the pickup switches that I want. I don't see any way to have 3 pickups, put 1 and 3 on, 2 off and switch the phase of pickup 3.

That's what I'm looking for.

And I doubt anybody's going to do it.
Also good luck finding a real guitar that does all those things. That'd require some extra switches, and an afternoon with the soldering iron.
Brian May's Red Special ($700) does it.
Ah, well, then you better add “pickups wired in series rather than in parallel” to your list of esoteric guitar mods you want someone to model in software for you then. Mr. May’s axe is pretty special and unique, but as with most awesome guitarists, the real tone is in the fingers... I bet you Brian May could make a squier strat sound more like Brian May than a perfect software model could played by anyone else. Good luck in your quest tho, that is a special tone.

indeed, a lot of his tone comes from his pick too, i believe he uses old pennies? or did, probably has them made now, but the stiffness/flexibility of a pick creates the attack, which in turn allows for the decay and sustain to work different and so effect the tone.

but of course, only a massive queen fan would know how guitar tones work...

Return to “Instruments”