Quanta - A new granular synth from Audio Damage (Now available)

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
Quanta 2

rbx11 wrote: Sat Mar 16, 2019 11:19 pm Crap! Getting a ton of crashes now with Quanta. Started mainly with more complex patches. In fact it knocks out audio completely in FL Studio, for other vsts as well, and I have to restart FL Studio.

It's a shame, because I like what's there in Quanta, and was enjoying it. :(
I'm getting the same issues with Quanta and FL Studio. I contacted Audio Damage supports weeks ago, but haven't heard anything back.

mgiambro wrote: Thu Apr 04, 2019 8:22 pm
I'm getting the same issues with Quanta and FL Studio. I contacted Audio Damage supports weeks ago, but haven't heard anything back.
Of course you haven't heard back, Chris Randall obviously doesn't give a crap about his customers once they've put the money on the table.

Lesson learnt with Audio Damage.

Neon Breath wrote: Thu Apr 04, 2019 8:32 pm
mgiambro wrote: Thu Apr 04, 2019 8:22 pm
Of course you haven't heard back, Chris Randall obviously doesn't give a crap about his customers once they've put the money on the table.

Lesson learnt with Audio Damage.
Also, when I bought it, license transfers were possible. I wouldn't have bought it otherwise. Now that has changed, so l am stuck with it.

thats what my impression was, dead horse, at superbooth i asked them about features etc last year, i just got marketing bullshitquotes so i said thx bye
DAW FL Studio Audio Interface Focusrite Scarlett 1st Gen 2i2 CPU Intel i7-7700K 4.20 GHz, RAM 32 GB Dual-Channel DDR4 @2400MHz Corsair Vengeance. MB Asus Prime Z270-K, GPU Gainward 1070 GTX GS 8GB NT Be Quiet DP 550W OS Win10 64Bit

Not getting crashes personally

aMUSEd wrote: Fri Apr 05, 2019 4:16 pm Not getting crashes personally
On FL Studio?

On Mac

doesn’t crash but gets very clicks poppy when using mpe controls. sigh. sounds fantastic though and a killer workflow.

Quanta also crashes MuLab as well as FL Studio for me. Windows 10. Happens on both my laptop and desktop, which have different audio drivers, so I don't think it's down to my machines. Same thing, while clicking around the presets, sooner or later it kills the daw. Has anyone had any luck with Audio Damage support or do I have to put this down as money down the drain? A pity if that's the case because it sounds great. Just wish I could use it.. .

deleted

Crashes my Logic too. Clicks too.

So very sad that it lacks envelope automation. It’s so important for any synth.
I understand that MSEG nature of envelopes, but in my opinion it should have at least 2 loopable envelopes that you could modulate. How can you properly perform without it? How to make proper rhythmic effects?
You could automate, but it defeats the purpose of having all these envelopes then, you can use daw macros instead.
This saddens me.

Especially considering how smooth, inspiring, easy to use, performable and simply pleasurable to use it is! (Even though still buggy. As soon as you solve them it’s gonna be so lighhhhht) Great work :)
Brzzzzzzt.

The latest from Twitter:

“We are working on the v1.1 update for Quanta. One of the things it is getting is mod activity indicators.”

https://twitter.com/audiodamage/status/ ... 44/video/1
Tranzistow Tutorials: http://vze26m98.net/tranzistow/
Xenakis in America: http://oneblockavenue.net

The activity indicators, how cute and fun... :roll:

But they should really fix the major bugs &issues first like the clicks & the crashes lot of people are having. Quanta is seriously crippled and half-baked.

Unfortunately not very stable, demo crashes a lot but not a predictable. Hope they fix this ASAP as I thought it is great else.

Ach man, after searching and trying many granular synths, Quanta was on my list to try/buy. It's sounding like I should avoid this plugin.
Doing nothing is only fun when you have something you are supposed to do.

Return to “Instruments”