FYI!! Melda SoundFactory ON SALE til JUNE 30

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Locked New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
MSoundFactory MSoundFactory Sound Library

Just purchased. Why can't the UI be as easy as the activation which is one of the easiest of all the synths I own. That they can make simple. The UI? No. That has to be a mine field.

Whatever.

I'm gonna go build a library.

wagtunes wrote: Tue May 14, 2019 1:51 am
:clap: :tu: :clap:

tyjodamofo wrote: Mon May 13, 2019 5:24 pm
David wrote: Mon May 13, 2019 12:50 am
tyjodamofo wrote: Sun May 12, 2019 2:03 pm If we make a device/instrument (whatever you call it) and share it through the online presets will it load as a device or just a preset (like the MPS presets already there without the device screen)?
And if it will load as a device with the module screen, will the presets that we make within the specific device load after sending it through the online exchange?
I just posted a couple of things to the Online Exchange to test this. One is a Global Preset with no associated Device (Flangowacko), and the other is a Device with a couple of Instrument presets (Bartok w FX). And there's a 2nd version of Bartok… called Bartok w FX Fixed?, because the first one was still affected by a bug that's hopefully now fixed, in which GPresets would be saved with a different associated Device and would load with the wrong Instrument presets (I know, all totally confusing). The "fix" in the second version corrects this, I hope. I loaded the RIGHT device while the original GPreset was loaded, and sent it out with that name change, and it appeared to be OK when loaded back in from the Online download; (whew…)

Would be glad to hear back from anyone about if the fix worked.
So I see the ‘FlangoWhack #1’ & the ‘Bartok Plus w FX Fixed?’ presets. It looks like the Flango does have a couple device screen knobs and the Bartok does not have any presets within it. I notice that the ‘Bass Chops’ is the only one in the online exchange that has presets, but I don’t know if I can only see them because they’re saved on my computer. Do any presets show up for you in the Bass Chops preset?

Been having a blast with this thing. Spent the day yesterday making a little wave table synth. So much fun! Difficult to understand what all the melodramatic hyperbole is about in this thread. I guess I’m a “fanboi” or whatever lol
Ah, just saw this; I've copied it over to the Melda forum's thread for further discussion, some workarounds to try, etc.

That's here:
viewtopic.php?f=138&t=525091&p=7399347#p7399347

Thanks!
Last edited by David on Tue May 14, 2019 2:00 am, edited 1 time in total.

wagtunes wrote: Tue May 14, 2019 1:51 am I'm gonna go build a library.
Not sure if you meant that literally, although IMHO you should wait until the final release is out.

David wrote: Tue May 14, 2019 1:54 am
wagtunes wrote: Tue May 14, 2019 1:51 am
:clap: :tu: :clap:
In all seriousness, most synths I figure out in about 5 minutes. Even Falcon and HALion 6 didn't take me more than a half hour and that's only because of how much stuff they crammed into them.

But this thing? They really gotta label things better. All those icons are meaningless to me. I figured out copy and paste by accident. Too much hidden. Too many sub screens. Too many shortcuts not explained. I could go on and on.

At least they improved the modulation system over MPS. That thing was a royal PITA to work with. At least this one, once you figure out where the controls are, is very easy. So I give them points for that.

Are we finally able to modulate a parameter from 2 sources like 2 lfos?

MirkoVanHauten wrote: Tue May 14, 2019 2:06 am Are we finally able to modulate a parameter from 2 sources like 2 lfos?
It appears you can have up to 4 modulators on one source. And there are 8 LFOs.

MirkoVanHauten wrote: Tue May 14, 2019 2:06 am Are we finally able to modulate a parameter from 2 sources like 2 lfos?
And then maybe a bit more ? This is for the drive parameter. Right-clicking on the circled widget disables all assigned modulation.

msfmods3.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

mevla wrote: Tue May 14, 2019 2:10 am
And then maybe a bit more ? This is for the drive parameter. Right-clicking on the circled widget disables all assigned modulation.

msfmods3.jpg
From what I've gathered by reading the Help text for the Modulation pop-up (screen shot below), that panel allows a max of 16 modifiers on a single target. They get multiplied when on the same row and stacked rows get added.

To open help for any panel, click on the little "?" in the upper right corner:

David wrote: Tue May 14, 2019 2:22 amThey get multiplied when on the same row and stacked rows get added.
And then maybe a bit more there also.

msfmods4.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Modulation now demonstrated in MSF, not sure about the finally part.

Here's MPowerSynth with two modulators modulating a same parameter:

mpsmods.jpg

mevla wrote: Tue May 14, 2019 2:10 am

msfmods3.jpg
That’s sick!! 8 modulators and every Osc, wavetable, filter etc has xtra lfos...(!!) how did I not notice those?

mevla wrote: Tue May 14, 2019 2:27 am
David wrote: Tue May 14, 2019 2:22 amThey get multiplied when on the same row and stacked rows get added.
And then maybe a bit more there also.

msfmods4.jpg
Indeed—typical Melda: More that you even imagined:)

wagtunes wrote: Tue May 14, 2019 2:08 am
It appears you can have up to 4 modulators on one source. And there are 8 LFOs.
Yeah.. but can you figure out how to assign Modwheel, in reverse (negative), to the envelope amount. Or velocity for that matter.

Powerful synth, tons of options.. some basic things need apparently massive workarounds.
"Wisdom is wisdom, regardless of the idiot who said it." -an idiot

I brought this up before and want to bring it up again because I think it's a pretty cool thing. This is Melda's guidelines on creating presets for MSF. I think its great they put thinking and effort to this as a way to create a higher level of quality across 3rd party patches. You might have seen this before but if not, its detailed guidelines and considerations when creating MSF patches so they confrom to some wide sense of a stanard...

https://www.meldaproduction.com/doc/MSoundFactory

Return to “Instruments”