Native Instruments Massive X Synth - Sequel to Massive (Out Now!)

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Locked New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
Massive Massive X X-Squared For Massive X

EvilDragon wrote: Sat Apr 27, 2019 3:22 pm Yes, you would, because you can FM between wavetables, which FM8 can't do. :)
Can Massive X load user wavetables?

pdxindy wrote: Tue May 14, 2019 12:39 pm Can Massive X load user wavetables?
no

SLiC wrote: Tue May 14, 2019 12:21 pm I suspect most people who get Masive X will be getting it as part of a bundle, NI's upgrade process dont always make a lot of sense unless you get a bundle (like Arturia, for the cost or 2-3 singles you can have everything!)

Also, Hive 2 (and a sensible upgrade price of $20 from Hive) may steal a little glory from X coming out first an' all (assuming it does)
It all depends. Normally there is a sale during summer but that probably won't happen now.
A first buy of a bundle is a no-brainer but less so for upgrades.
If you buy just Massive X now and skip the bundle upgrade, you can still sell your Massive X license on your next bundle upgrade. If you upgrade your bundle now, you cannot sell that on the next bundle upgrade.

And yes, some nice yummies from U-he and Rob Papen are also coming round and both have really customer friendly upgrade prices.
Last edited by Stefken on Tue May 14, 2019 1:50 pm, edited 1 time in total.

drdriller wrote: Tue May 14, 2019 12:50 pm
no
Bummer...

drdriller wrote: Tue May 14, 2019 12:50 pm
no
Well that sucks. I see them having a hard time trying to sell it when you have other synths that can load user wavetables. :dog:
I mean Massive is awesome as it is and can still pump out some amazing sound but people pretty much for the most part hopped onto Serum because you can add so much more to it.

no dark theme, no custom theme, no custom wavetable, no sampler, no FM from osc (as i read but @EvilDragon may think this will be available)

Even if i get fun building my own wt from simple cycle and interpolation, i think custom wavetable is overrated, most of people and preset maker using serum use wt the wrong way, wt are not made to be a final sound, they are a tools to get the final sound.

but a product like Serum is constantly listening to user, improving and adding functionalities, while NI don't listen to customer and never update existing product except for quick fix.

and today there is many outstanding synth outside serum available, NI already get the hype and will come with a solid product, but i don't see massive X getting the success massive had.

btw if during the release hype spike, a recognizable sound coming from a specific wt with a specific osc mode start to be used by many famous artist, the success can come.

Considering just how much power there is to mangle a single wavetable, I wouldn't say that loading user wavetables is something you'd really really need. Maybe once it's out try to go through what's already in there in all the different modes and all the different ways you can modulate them, before you cry wolf? :)
drdriller wrote: Tue May 14, 2019 4:11 pmno FM from osc (as i read but @EvilDragon may think this will be available)
You can definitely do FM in the audio wiring section:

Personally I don't mind that it cannot import user wavetables as I already have Serum and Hive. I've got a folder of 3 gb of (quality) wavetables but I think that it's a good limitation to just work with what the synth provides you. I'm confident that NI made interesting wavetables for MX, like what they did for Massive. They can still add more WTs in the future or even allow users WTs.

Wavetable oscillators are one thing but what makes MX interesting in my eyes are the different modes, the flexibility with the routing and the modulation capabilities. It's gonna be a very deep synth.

EvilDragon wrote: Tue May 14, 2019 4:25 pm Considering just how much power there is to mangle a single wavetable, I wouldn't say that loading user wavetables is something you'd really really need. Maybe once it's out try to go through what's already in there in all the different modes and all the different ways you can modulate them, before you cry wolf? :)

yeah my first thought wasn't oh bummer
it was "oh, i wonder why they've chose to do it that way?"
which leads to thoughts of they must have something else in mind.

which i will wait and see, well hear, what it does or doesn't do before i make any judgements :shrug:
then we can at least discuss it with examples :D

EvilDragon wrote: Tue May 14, 2019 4:25 pm You can definitely do FM in the audio wiring section:

i hope so but i don't get it from this picture, you can do FM from a external osc, but i don't see in this picture how Aerobic can modulate Analog Set.

drdriller wrote: Tue May 14, 2019 4:38 pm i hope so but i don't get it from this picture, you can do FM from a external osc, but i don't see in this picture how Aerobic can modulate Analog Set.
quoted from NI blog : https://blog.native-instruments.com/mas ... r-section/
So, we have wavetables and modes. But that’s not the end of the oscillator section – in all modes, both wavetable oscillators can also be modulated by two dedicated phase modulators (each with six possible waveforms), and by an Aux modulator. The Aux modulator can take its source from another wavetable oscillator (so one can phase modulate the other), from the Insert Oscillators, or anything else you can send to the Aux via the audio routing system.
About Insert Oscillators, they say :
These can serve either as classic sources for subtractive synthesis (even allowing you to ignore the wavetable oscillators altogether), or building complex DX7-style phase modulation environments.

In the meantime i have found Pigments quite usable, so I think I will skip MassiveX - don't need another wavetable synth (and of course I mainly wanted the new version of FM8, not massive)

dune_rave wrote: Tue May 14, 2019 5:32 pm In the meantime i have found Pigments quite usable, so I think I will skip MassiveX - don't need another wavetable synth (and of course I mainly wanted the new version of FM8, not massive)
Pigments is a great synth. I think massive will be quite different.

EvilDragon wrote: Tue May 14, 2019 4:25 pm Image
Woah, woah, this m******* b**** is semi-modular? :shock:
Blog ------------- YouTube channel
Tricky-Loops wrote: (...)someone like Armin van Buuren who claims to make a track in half an hour and all his songs sound somewhat boring(...)

Yup!

Return to “Instruments”