Huge sale on Cubase 10 - 50% off for new purchases or crossgrades

Audio Plugin Hosts and other audio software applications discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Omkar wrote: Thu May 16, 2019 1:56 pm
mgw38 wrote: Thu May 16, 2019 1:49 pm
Omkar wrote: Thu May 16, 2019 1:46 pm
chk071 wrote: Thu May 16, 2019 12:11 am ...
Fortunately Steinberg doesn't add the content to the list of installed and uninstallable software anymore. UNfortunately, that means you have to remove all the content manually... :roll: And that's a lot of stuff really. I think there were 25 gigs of content alone on my C: drive (which is another of those things, it always installs to C: per default, instead of choosing the drive or location where Cubase is installed). Anyway, it was worth giving it a try, and, i do think that the GUI and workflow made a huge step forward compared to version 9 which i was using before.
Ouch, this would be the end of further deliberations for me,
can this be confirmed, content by all means goes to c drive ?
It can be moved to any location with the Steinberg Library Manager.
This would be the ok part but not initial install on c exclusively
(designed for OS images and no space for that).
Seems I found the personal drawback?
I am honestly not sure. I was under the impression that it needs to be installed on the default location first and can be moved later. That is the way I always did it. I think at least at some point in the past it had to be done that way. But somebody mentioned that the installer allows you to choose the location during install. Can't confirm that one because I already have everything installed.
Follow me on Youtube for videos on spatial and immersive audio production.

Omkar wrote: Thu May 16, 2019 1:56 pm This would be the ok part but not initial install on c exclusively
I think (but haven't checked) that you can set this location before installing Cubase by installing Steinberg Library Manager (from the Additional Content\Installer folder when you unpack the Cubase download Zip). Run Steinberg Library Manager and press the cog icon in the top right to set a default installation location of your choice (see here for a walkthrough). I would hope the Cubase installer respects your choice of folder.

Omkar wrote: Thu May 16, 2019 1:46 pm
chk071 wrote: Thu May 16, 2019 12:11 am ...
Fortunately Steinberg doesn't add the content to the list of installed and uninstallable software anymore. UNfortunately, that means you have to remove all the content manually... :roll: And that's a lot of stuff really. I think there were 25 gigs of content alone on my C: drive (which is another of those things, it always installs to C: per default, instead of choosing the drive or location where Cubase is installed). Anyway, it was worth giving it a try, and, i do think that the GUI and workflow made a huge step forward compared to version 9 which i was using before.
Ouch, this would be the end of further deliberations for me,
can this be confirmed, content by all means goes to c drive ?
If you have enough room for initial installation to the C: drive you can use the library manager to move it where you wish afterwards.

I did not pay attention at installation to note whether there were custom options.

W23 wrote: Thu May 16, 2019 11:41 am Has anyone had an issue getting their license from the e-license manager onto their dongle? I see them both. I try to drag Cubase’s license over to the dongle and nothing happens. In my account, I see the USB dongle #, and it says I have no registered Steinberg software on it. I have an email off to Steinberg but, I am wondering if I’m doing anything wrong. I’m on a MacBook Pro 2018 with latest OS Mojave
There is a known problem with licences showing on My Steinberg at the moment - see this post on the Steinberg forums.

LoveEnigma18 wrote: Thu May 16, 2019 1:24 pm
telecode wrote: Thu May 16, 2019 12:24 pm I just got elements and will sit on the license until 10.5 gets released. The important things for me are the performance improvements. I dont need the rest of that 30 gig loops and vst stuff. Also don't need variaudio since I don't record doo wop bands.
That's cool!

1. From where did you buy it? I mean where is it cheapest? I am seeing $46 at Best Service.

2. Does it load 3rd party VST plugins?

3. Any idea what is the difference between Instrument and MIDI tracks?

It looks like a very capable version, so a little intrigued for the low price and because it does not need a dongle. :)
from steinberg site. my upgrade price was discounted b/c i have LE. $37 Canuki dollars. I plan to use Elements and FL Studo in my work flow. I work mostly on audio on the DAWs and midi in Maschine. I like the advanced audio functionality in FL. I just have to get accustomed to the work flow which is really weird coming from Cubase background. Yes. VSTs I use load up in Cubase and FL fine. The MIDI apparently in Cubase is supposed to be "more advanced" "depending on the type of music you make. For the stuff I make, Ableton and FL are a better MIDI workflow.
Last edited by telecode on Thu May 16, 2019 2:30 pm, edited 3 times in total.
🌐 Spotify 🔵 Soundcloud 🌀 Soundclick

Gear & Setup: Windows 10, Dual Xeon, 32GB RAM, Cubase 10.5/9.5, NI Komplete Audio 6, NI Maschine, NI Jam, NI Kontakt

Hmm, I'm demoing Cubase and is crashing on me at least once a day (while just clicking around in simple projects with just 1-2 instrument tracks). Brand new PC, i9 CPU, 32 gigs of ram, crashes (completely dissapears from the screen without any error pop-up windows). For the record, I have no issues with Live and Vienna Ensemble Pro. Same behavior on mac (hackintosh) and windows.

David W wrote: Thu May 16, 2019 2:04 pm
Omkar wrote: Thu May 16, 2019 1:56 pm This would be the ok part but not initial install on c exclusively
I think (but haven't checked) that you can set this location before installing Cubase by installing Steinberg Library Manager (from the Additional Content\Installer folder when you unpack the Cubase download Zip). Run Steinberg Library Manager and press the cog icon in the top right to set a default installation location of your choice (see here for a walkthrough). I would hope the Cubase installer respects your choice of folder.
Basically symlinks are a solution after all
but not sure if it becomes a performance issue (taking dongle into account).

Thanks for all replies, I`ll have another phone.
Intel i7-4790K | Gigabyte Z97X-UD3H | 32GB Crucial Ballistix Sport | RME Babyface Pro | UAD PCIe Octo, Quad | Asus GT 730 | Toshiba DT01ACA200 2TB | LG GH24NSB0 | W10 Pro 64bit | S1 latest

Cubase 9.5 to 10 update is $50 on Steinberg site. Is it available anywhere else for less?
satYatunes - Sound and Graphic Designer
Beautiful UI and skins for VST plugins.
Website | Portfolio

dellboy wrote: Thu May 16, 2019 1:32 pm
LoveEnigma18 wrote: Thu May 16, 2019 1:24 pm
telecode wrote: Thu May 16, 2019 12:24 pm I just got elements and will sit on the license until 10.5 gets released. The important things for me are the performance improvements. I dont need the rest of that 30 gig loops and vst stuff. Also don't need variaudio since I don't record doo wop bands.
That's cool!

From where did you buy it? I mean where is it cheapest? I am seeing $46 at Best Service.

Does it load 3rd party VST plugins?

Any idea what is the difference between Instrument and MIDI tracks?

It looks like a very capable version, so a little intrigued for the low price and because it does not need a dongle. :)
Just google "Cubase" and the website allows you to compare versions.

Its pretty much the same program but minus stuff that a lot of people would never use.
Basically, I decided to take the diff between the upgrade cost of Elements and Pro to put that money into Komplete when it goes on sale. I will use the VSTs in Komplete, especially Unacorda and Massive X, a lot more than the fancy features in Cubase Pro. I don't run a studio where I record local bands and have no plans to.

Plus, I dont have to get that stupid dongle. Its the stupidest thing of any vendors making music software. I predict Stein will do away with it in less than 5 years.
Last edited by telecode on Thu May 16, 2019 2:31 pm, edited 2 times in total.
🌐 Spotify 🔵 Soundcloud 🌀 Soundclick

Gear & Setup: Windows 10, Dual Xeon, 32GB RAM, Cubase 10.5/9.5, NI Komplete Audio 6, NI Maschine, NI Jam, NI Kontakt

David W wrote: Thu May 16, 2019 2:07 pm
W23 wrote: Thu May 16, 2019 11:41 am Has anyone had an issue getting their license from the e-license manager onto their dongle? I see them both. I try to drag Cubase’s license over to the dongle and nothing happens. In my account, I see the USB dongle #, and it says I have no registered Steinberg software on it. I have an email off to Steinberg but, I am wondering if I’m doing anything wrong. I’m on a MacBook Pro 2018 with latest OS Mojave
There is a known problem with licences showing on My Steinberg at the moment - see this post on the Steinberg forums.
Thanks! That is good to know. It’s usually something I did

I expect prices in Canada are higher than the US and EU? +GST?
“Darkness cannot drive out darkness; only light can do that. Hate cannot drive out hate; only love can do that."
-Martin Luther King Jr.

sircuit wrote: Thu May 16, 2019 2:21 pm Hmm, I'm demoing Cubase and is crashing on me at least once a day (while just clicking around in simple projects with just 1-2 instrument tracks). Brand new PC, i9 CPU, 32 gigs of ram, crashes (completely dissapears from the screen without any error pop-up windows). For the record, I have no issues with Live and Vienna Ensemble Pro. Same behavior on mac (hackintosh) and windows.
Well as it's a brand new machine there may be an underlying issue that only Cubase has triggered so far.
If you haven't already then make sure you update drivers etc.

macmuse wrote: Thu May 16, 2019 11:18 am I read somewhere on the internet amid all the recent Cubase talk that a dongle-less solution is forthcoming.
My suspicous side wonders if they are trying to offload as many dongles as they can with this sale before announcing a cloud solution :)

mgw38 wrote: Thu May 16, 2019 2:02 pm But somebody mentioned that the installer allows you to choose the location during install. Can't confirm that one because I already have everything installed.
I can confirm, as i have just installed Cubase Pro and it allowed my to choose the install location. However there were some issues with Cubase finding some files (e.g. logical editor presets ) and i had to move a few things by hand.

sircuit wrote: Thu May 16, 2019 2:21 pm Hmm, I'm demoing Cubase and is crashing on me at least once a day (while just clicking around in simple projects with just 1-2 instrument tracks). Brand new PC, i9 CPU, 32 gigs of ram, crashes (completely dissapears from the screen without any error pop-up windows). For the record, I have no issues with Live and Vienna Ensemble Pro. Same behavior on mac (hackintosh) and windows.
Have you tried starting in Cubase "safe start mode" to see if its a preferences problem ?

Click on the executable while holding down - control - shift - alt.

Return to “Hosts & Applications (Sequencers, DAWs, Audio Editors, etc.)”