Native Instruments Massive X Synth - Sequel to Massive (Out Now!)

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Locked New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
Massive Massive X X-Squared For Massive X

mrj1nx wrote: Thu May 16, 2019 12:11 pm Seriously, can we stop with the personal attacks? Its slowly ruining KVR thread by thread. Clicked here to read about Massive X not two ppl bashing eachother.
I agree. BTW, aren't there admins here?..

drdriller wrote: Thu May 16, 2019 12:13 pm
chk071 wrote: Thu May 16, 2019 9:58 am I don't know how old you are, but, i'm still from times where companies just released their finished product. No announcement, no extensive infos before the release, not even a marketing campaign.
in those time they didn't sell their product before it was released ;)
Exactly. I can understand impatience on the part of those who purchased the last version of Komplete. As someone who didn't however, I'd be happy to wait for however long it takes. If a company needs an extra handful of months to make a product what it should be, I'm happy to wait.

As for the teasers, I agree with chk071, NI didn't have to give anything. They could have just given a single image of the GUI and nothing else. It really makes no difference because we still don't have the product.

It all looks good though. I'm looking forward to Massive X.

Unaspected wrote: Thu May 16, 2019 12:37 pm They could have just given a single image of the GUI and nothing else.
It's just that they already committed to a lot more and said so in their communication.

Just saying.
Last thing I'm saying about this.

Stefken wrote: Thu May 16, 2019 1:08 pm
Unaspected wrote: Thu May 16, 2019 12:37 pm They could have just given a single image of the GUI and nothing else.
It's just that they already committed to a lot more and said so in their communication.

Just saying.
Last thing I'm saying about this.
I definitely get that point but it's all marketing at the end of the day. Maybe we should have expected slicker marketing from NI but I'm pleased they didn't waste much money or time on it.

That said, they did miss an opportunity to run a genuinely interesting marketing campaign: If we had an over the shoulder view of its development, that might have boosted interest, sales and respect for the company.

With that in mind, maybe NI has cheated themselves more than anyone else.

Maybe they are busy finishing the actual product. Plans changed or evolved. There was a bug in the code. The person responsible for updating the blog was sick. We already know that the release date was postponed, which means they are probably pretty busy working on the plugin itself.

Most often, these things are down to humans being humans, with plans not working out as intended, due to some random everyday stuff that happens to everyone. It's not like there's always a big conspiracy behind every single thing, or a big faceless corporation not releasing info about an upcoming product because they became too big and don't care about end users any more (that sentence doesn't even make much sense...).

I'm very much looking forward to Massive X, but it will be released when it's released, and I will check it out myself when it's out. I love reading blog posts and watching videos beforehand, but even if they promised more, the TWO (!) blog posts so far have been very nice reads. Meanwhile, I have plenty of other stuff to do.

I heard that no own wavetables are supported. What a nonsense. That was a big mistake for Massive.
Owner of the FB site of Audioterm

Again - when it's out, demo what's already in there and all the ways in which you can mangle a single wavetable. There's really no real need for user wavetables with all that is in there you can lose a lifetime to explore it fully.

As evil as he is, EvilDragon is correct.

If you're sure you need to be able to import your own tables before you can be truly happy, buy a synth which offers that function!

See, I don't get it. The original Massive had no WT import and it was hugely popular. One could argue that it was probably in the top 10 most popular synths of all time. So why would Massive X need WT import just to be successful? I mean seriously, if you can't get enough different and interesting sounds out of this thing the way it is, maybe you need to check your programming skills.

wagtunes wrote: Thu May 16, 2019 4:23 pmif you can't get enough different and interesting sounds out of this thing the way it is, maybe you need to check your programming skills.
Indeed.

will i need rea...

oh wait, we've done that already.

NI makes nice promises, but I'd like to see a 64bit fm8 version without bugs, and also the old plugins with new gui. I will not forget these when they want to sell something new. And i also think there are many smaller developers, who are maybe more dedicated and rather deserve my money...

A wavetable (partial ) editor would be nice anyway
Eyeball exchanging
Soul calibrating ..frequencies

vurt wrote: Thu May 16, 2019 4:39 pm will i need rea...

oh wait, we've done that already.
Nooo, that will be a Massive twist. :hihi:

I've no interest in editing and/or using external WT. I just want a powerful and great sounding synth, straight out of the box. I hope that's what they're aiming (btw, I'm not into EDM).

Return to “Instruments”