Huge sale on Cubase 10 - 50% off for new purchases or crossgrades

Audio Plugin Hosts and other audio software applications discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

agharta wrote: Thu May 16, 2019 2:34 pm
sircuit wrote: Thu May 16, 2019 2:21 pm Hmm, I'm demoing Cubase and is crashing on me at least once a day (while just clicking around in simple projects with just 1-2 instrument tracks). Brand new PC, i9 CPU, 32 gigs of ram, crashes (completely dissapears from the screen without any error pop-up windows). For the record, I have no issues with Live and Vienna Ensemble Pro. Same behavior on mac (hackintosh) and windows.
Well as it's a brand new machine there may be an underlying issue that only Cubase has triggered so far.
If you haven't already then make sure you update drivers etc.
It passed the Prime95 and several other stability tests and benchmarks, there’s no way the machine is the problem. I had not a single error in games, video encoding, daw work in the last 4 weeks. What bugs me is that the behavior is the same in both mac and Windows, so it’s almost impossible that both os’es could be faulty. And of course, running all software up to date :::smh:::

Sircuit, do you use Fabfilter plugins? FF plugins have hardware acceleration for their GUI's, and for me and my friends, they crash pretty much all daw's. Just disable it on regedit to software render, no more crashes.

I just ordered my Cubase Pro 10 today. Hopefully I can get it on tomorrow (already in the mail), want to play with it on weekend :hyper:

Been thinking i should pass on this deal as i need the funds elsewhere, but maybe i should grab elements so i can jump on an upgrade sale in the future.

Straight2Vinyl wrote: Thu May 16, 2019 3:43 pm Been thinking i should pass on this deal as i need the funds elsewhere, but maybe i should grab elements so i can jump on an upgrade sale in the future.
I think this is the lowest I have ever seen Cubase. (I may be wrong). That being said, you should get the DAW you like to work with and the one whose features you like the best and need. There are lots of DAWs on the market. Its a crowded space.
🌐 Spotify 🔵 Soundcloud 🌀 Soundclick

Gear & Setup: Windows 10, Dual Xeon, 32GB RAM, Cubase 10.5/9.5, NI Komplete Audio 6, NI Maschine, NI Jam, NI Kontakt

telecode wrote: Thu May 16, 2019 2:20 pm
LoveEnigma18 wrote: Thu May 16, 2019 1:24 pm
telecode wrote: Thu May 16, 2019 12:24 pm I just got elements and will sit on the license until 10.5 gets released. The important things for me are the performance improvements. I dont need the rest of that 30 gig loops and vst stuff. Also don't need variaudio since I don't record doo wop bands.
That's cool!

1. From where did you buy it? I mean where is it cheapest? I am seeing $46 at Best Service.

2. Does it load 3rd party VST plugins?

3. Any idea what is the difference between Instrument and MIDI tracks?

It looks like a very capable version, so a little intrigued for the low price and because it does not need a dongle. :)
from steinberg site. my upgrade price was discounted b/c i have LE. $37 Canuki dollars. I plan to use Elements and FL Studo in my work flow. I work mostly on audio on the DAWs and midi in Maschine. I like the advanced audio functionality in FL. I just have to get accustomed to the work flow which is really weird coming from Cubase background. Yes. VSTs I use load up in Cubase and FL fine. The MIDI apparently in Cubase is supposed to be "more advanced" "depending on the type of music you make. For the stuff I make, Ableton and FL are a better MIDI workflow.
Okay, thanks for the answer. I appreciate it.

However, I reminded myself again of that fact that it might just add to the complexity. FL Studio is my only DAW and know it very well. Recently, I have added Mikro Mk3 and so Maschine software in the setup. As you said, FL and Maschine are great and sufficient for everything.

The price and features of Cubase Elements are really enticing, but I think I will let it go. And as you said, need to stock up a bit for Komplete update.

For any and all following, I did just get a support email from Steinberg regarding my issue:

Hello Donald,

From the screenshot you provided, the License for pro 10 is already registered to that USB key, there is no need to "drag the license over" to the USB key since it is already contained on that key.

Please reboot your computer and then relaunch the E-licenser control center. When prompted, perform the maintenance and synchronization tasks. This should resolve the issue of Cubase not "seeing" the license on your USB key when you launch the software.

We have confirmed with the site admins for My Steinberg that there is currently an issue with the displaying of licenses in the My Steinberg accounts. Please rest assured that your license is valid and is displaying accurately in the licensure database, it is strictly an issue with the way records are being displayed on the My Steinberg Site. The issue is currently being addressed and we hope to have it corrected shortly. Thank you for your patience in this matter.

Steinberg US Support

It apparently is licensed on the dongle. Cubase will run. It didn’t start right once but, I ran maintenance, and it started up again ok.

mgw38 wrote: Thu May 16, 2019 1:49 pm
Omkar wrote: Thu May 16, 2019 1:46 pm
chk071 wrote: Thu May 16, 2019 12:11 am ...
Fortunately Steinberg doesn't add the content to the list of installed and uninstallable software anymore. UNfortunately, that means you have to remove all the content manually... :roll: And that's a lot of stuff really. I think there were 25 gigs of content alone on my C: drive (which is another of those things, it always installs to C: per default, instead of choosing the drive or location where Cubase is installed). Anyway, it was worth giving it a try, and, i do think that the GUI and workflow made a huge step forward compared to version 9 which i was using before.
Ouch, this would be the end of further deliberations for me,
can this be confirmed, content by all means goes to c drive ?
It can be moved to any location with the Steinberg Library Manager.
Ah... stupid me. Will remember that next time. :)

W23 wrote: Thu May 16, 2019 4:19 pm For any and all following, I did just get a support email from Steinberg regarding my issue:

Hello Donald,

From the screenshot you provided, the License for pro 10 is already registered to that USB key, there is no need to "drag the license over" to the USB key since it is already contained on that key.

Please reboot your computer and then relaunch the E-licenser control center. When prompted, perform the maintenance and synchronization tasks. This should resolve the issue of Cubase not "seeing" the license on your USB key when you launch the software.

We have confirmed with the site admins for My Steinberg that there is currently an issue with the displaying of licenses in the My Steinberg accounts. Please rest assured that your license is valid and is displaying accurately in the licensure database, it is strictly an issue with the way records are being displayed on the My Steinberg Site. The issue is currently being addressed and we hope to have it corrected shortly. Thank you for your patience in this matter.

Steinberg US Support

It apparently is licensed on the dongle. Cubase will run. It didn’t start right once but, I ran maintenance, and it started up again ok.
I had to run maintenance on my eLicenser after getting 'failed authorization' messages. After I did, it's fine.
“Darkness cannot drive out darkness; only light can do that. Hate cannot drive out hate; only love can do that."
-Martin Luther King Jr.

Bombadil wrote: Thu May 16, 2019 4:27 pm
W23 wrote: Thu May 16, 2019 4:19 pm
I had to run maintenance on my eLicenser after getting 'failed authorization' messages. After I did, it's fine.
Did you ever get a message asking you to switch USB ports? I did a couple of times. I am not sure if Cubase really likes being on a USB hub. It seems to work ok though, as long as it’s the only device plugged into a hub at the time of Cubase startup, or on its own port

Is anybody running Ozone Elements 8 on Cubase 10? It got blacklisted here, and i wonder why...

Nope. The 'read me' told me to start the ELicencer from my Applications folder, and then I just kinda intuited that I needed to run the maintenance function.

I didn't try it in my hub, although my VSL dongle works fine from it.
“Darkness cannot drive out darkness; only light can do that. Hate cannot drive out hate; only love can do that."
-Martin Luther King Jr.

keel wrote: Thu May 16, 2019 3:37 pm Sircuit, do you use Fabfilter plugins? FF plugins have hardware acceleration for their GUI's, and for me and my friends, they crash pretty much all daw's. Just disable it on regedit to software render, no more crashes.
I have the Pro-Q 2 but it was not loaded in the project so don't thing have anything to do. The rest of the plugins I'm almost sure they're on software renderer.
dellboy wrote: Thu May 16, 2019 3:03 pm Have you tried starting in Cubase "safe start mode" to see if its a preferences problem ?
Click on the executable while holding down - control - shift - alt.
No, I was not aware of this, I'll give it a try.

chk071 wrote: Thu May 16, 2019 5:19 pm Is anybody running Ozone Elements 8 on Cubase 10? It got blacklisted here, and i wonder why...
Check the plugin manager. When i first opened cubase 10 it blacklisted ALL my Izotope plugins. Or so i thought. It was only the VST2 versions.
EDIT: Hmm i am not sure what is going on, as the VST2 versions still show up as available, even though blacklisted. Oh well, still works.

chk071 wrote: Thu May 16, 2019 12:11 am Fortunately Steinberg doesn't add the content to the list of installed and uninstallable software anymore. UNfortunately, that means you have to remove all the content manually... :roll: And that's a lot of stuff really. I think there were 25 gigs of content alone on my C: drive (which is another of those things, it always installs to C: per default, instead of choosing the drive or location where Cubase is installed). Anyway, it was worth giving it a try, and, i do think that the GUI and workflow made a huge step forward compared to version 9 which i was using before.
The trick is to not install it. In the other thread it looked like you believed it has to install all of it. It will if you don't indicate you don't want to; in fact you can install only the application which here is 865MB. At any rate, for all readers, there is an arrow below Cubase 10 which will reveal all the content, with check-boxes to the left, categories with more nested, to leave checked or not to.

The HALion content here has always been a problem. Fortunately I don't like HALion at all anyway.

DrEntropy wrote: Thu May 16, 2019 5:45 pm
chk071 wrote: Thu May 16, 2019 5:19 pm Is anybody running Ozone Elements 8 on Cubase 10? It got blacklisted here, and i wonder why...
Check the plugin manager. When i first opened cubase 10 it blacklisted ALL my Izotope plugins. Or so i thought. It was only the VST2 versions.
EDIT: Hmm i am not sure what is going on, as the VST2 versions still show up as available, even though blacklisted. Oh well, still works.
I see now that there's a iZOzone8Elements.dll and a Ozone8Elements.dll in the plugin folder, and the iZOzone one gets blacklisted. Not sure if it's a plugin DLL at all. As you say, the Ozone8Elements.dll shows up as avaialble.

@jancivil: I reinstalled it now, and moved the content to my D: drive, which has enough space (well... C: has as well, but, i hate to clutter the system partition). I didn't know the trick with the Steinberg Library Manager, and that you can uninstall all the content with it as well. All good now. :)

Return to “Hosts & Applications (Sequencers, DAWs, Audio Editors, etc.)”