FYI!! Melda SoundFactory ON SALE til JUNE 30

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Locked New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
MSoundFactory MSoundFactory Sound Library

I never said I feel fragile about my music , again you're assuming something I never said .
And someone's musical adventures has nothing to do with this thread .,
Eyeball exchanging
Soul calibrating ..frequencies

Interesting beta product, I'd like to read more about it, but this thread doesn't seem to be the place to do that.

wagtunes wrote: Fri May 17, 2019 11:29 am As an owner of 125 VST synths (last count) I feel I am more than qualified to say that as UIs go, this is about the worst. Even Wolfgang Palm's aren't this bad and trust me, his are pretty bad. It took me forever to figure them out as is the case with probably almost everybody who uses his synths. But Melda beats him in unfriendliness by a country mile. There is no competition.
I suspect the personal attacks and grandstanding in this thread are acting as rational-discussion repellent, but I'm going to toss my hat in the ring as someone who likes the melda UI. (fwiw, I have over 100 commercial vst synths too, and a bunch of hardware synths - analog and digital - so it's not like I don't know what other UIs are out there).

It took a while to get used to the melda way of working, but now I find it an excellent environment to use for building out complex creations quickly. The time invested was well worth it for me given how transferrable it is to new unfamiliar melda plugins.

Rather than trying to knock the square peg that is "attractive UI" into the round hole of the melda crazy powerful environment, the top of my wish-list is for them to do an mturbofilter plugin with extensive filter modelling/creation, and have that percolate across mxxx and msf.

I don't get all this bickering about the user interface , I really like it ..especially with the flat view
It's almost exactly like zebra , in msf you click on the modulation tab ( next to the parameter you want to modulate ) , and you're presented with the modulation page from which you choose you parameter .
Or you could just drag/hold the arrow on the mod source onto it's destination
Eyeball exchanging
Soul calibrating ..frequencies

gentleclockdivider wrote: Fri May 17, 2019 1:03 pm I don't get all this bickering about the user interface , I really like it ..especially with the flat view
It's almost exactly like zebra , in msf you click on the modulation tab ( next to the parameter you want to modulate ) , and you're presented with the modulation page from which you choose you parameter .
Or you could just drag/hold the arrow on the mod source onto it's destination
Please tell me how many pop-ups and how many "Ooops, I closed that window now where did it go and how do I get it back" headaches you get with Zebra 2.

This should be good.

sfd wrote: Fri May 17, 2019 11:10 am @mevla - You are free to think, feel or dislike anything I or anyone else say.

But that is neither a ground nor an excuse for slender.
I think you meant "slander", which is, at Merriam-Webster:

1 : the utterance of false charges or misrepresentations which defame and damage another's reputation

2 : a false and defamatory oral statement about a person

I'd say that the following is very much bordering on slander then, since by no means it is a valid critic and, whereas it does not target a person, it does target a musical product by expressly putting it in a category excluding a (singular) musician. Although this singular can quickly be adopted in people's mind, making it a plural without much effort:
sfd wrote: Sun May 12, 2019 4:18 pm Nice try Melda.
But...sorry I'm not in for this gimmick either...I'm a musician.

Moves on with life...
So there are no surprises in getting reactions. That you "defend" yourself afterwards just makes the ball rolling, with or w/o the use of the "fanboy" label. So many things are started like that in political and social affairs arenas, even in parliaments where ministers should know better.

wagtunes wrote: Fri May 17, 2019 1:20 pm Please tell me how many pop-ups and how many "Ooops, I closed that window now where did it go and how do I get it back" headaches you get with Zebra 2. This should be good.
Zebra2 does not, or perhaps barely uses, pop ups. It also does not have has much options as MSF.

I don't mind pop ups although from a SW design point of view, when one models what is at the origin hardware devices (real synths), as with modeling any other (industrial) hardware devices, what is largely favored are single screen and full screen approaches since nothing "pops up" in the real world. Many synths are using the multiple screens approach where the user moves from one full screen to another full screen. Others are favoring a one-screen approach although that depends on the complexity of options offered.

Discussing user interfaces even today where we might think we've seen it all can be a good topic.

This said, again, I do not mind pop ups and I can work with them. Especially when there's a huge amount of consistency put in. As I mentioned before, Melda is for me like emacs: an incredible amount of possibilities and yet basically easy to use (for a user), that being more so true with all the "Turbo" plugins.

I might have "favorites" although I won't start naming them here since we're not really talking about UIs in general. And moreover in the end I find that the UI is second. Unless terribly executed, which is not the case with all the thoughtfulness that went into Melda's UI. One learns how to modify a LFO in one audio plugin, and one knows how to modify a LFO in all 117 plugins. Same with working with multiband crossovers. Learn once, then apply everywhere. But yes, the first step is learning.

One thing I was surprised with, when starting to use Melda plugins, is that it's easy for anyone to design a UI where what one deems to be relevant controls can all be presented on one screen. Surely you will use this UI feature for the sound set you are making.

gentleclockdivider wrote: Fri May 17, 2019 11:31 am I never said I feel fragile about my music , again you're assuming something I never said . And someone's musical adventures has nothing to do with this thread .,
Of course, obviously you never did. How could you ?

"Here is my music and I feel fragile about it."

It's simply derived from your comments.

I wouldn't use the word "again" if I were you, though. Although for that, drama should be clearly tossed aside.

Drama is almost necessary for music. That's how we build expectations and deliver what's expected, for instance. In simple casual exchanges though, not so much.

Good morning, (it is morning here in Maine). This thread is starting to light up my phone with notifications, all well and good it's my job though. I need this bickering to end however, there are many more people interested in this synth who are trying to get on with this thread and discuss the synth. The problem seems to arise with you statements, I dont think a synth can hear you so it must be aimed at a member, then said member must defend themselves, of course other members jump in and the cycle begins. There are a handful plus (give or take) who continue this and several with a history who drag this across threads, it's time to stop.

This morning I woke to reading reports, trying to figure a resolve for this. It's my hope that people can understand that if you stick to the subject and not you statements or trying to figure who deserves more blame we can just get on with it. I'm going to insist that such bickering ends though, typically I would say I am going to delete the posts but that wont be possible today because today I finish up my training at my new job shadowing another BHP (I work with children who have autism), I am not permitted to have my phone at work, not even at dinner time because I eat with my kiddo so I wont be around for a bit today at all, I wont say what hours. (Now that my training is over I go to only 19 hours a week just so you know)

Please dont disappoint, there will be other mods watching this as other mods have already spent far too much time on this thread. Stick to talking about the synth, not each other please. Also this should be the final word, there need not be commentary on my post, no final words thrown in by others whether you agree or disagree, I really will not be happy at all if that happens because it always does and just opens the door for more off topic.
The highest form of knowledge is empathy, for it requires us to suspend our egos and live in another's world. It requires profound, purpose‐larger‐than‐the‐self kind of understanding.

Hink wrote: Fri May 17, 2019 2:03 pm Good morning,
today I finish up my training at my new job shadowing another BHP (I work with children who have autism), I am not permitted to have my phone at work, not even at dinner time because I eat with my kiddo so I wont be around for a bit today at all, I wont say what hours. (Now that my training is over I go to only 19 hours a week just so you know)
Just a typical KVR wake up call.

Last day of training... :tu:
Have a peaceful time away from phone.

Hope the kids appreciate you..
I have a mate who has an autistic son... not an easy situation for him (son is at a special school).

:hug:

cptgone wrote: Fri May 17, 2019 12:19 pm Interesting beta product, I'd like to read more about it, but this thread doesn't seem to be the place to do that.
Please read and write (ask any question, comments, etc...) in the Melda KVR forum if so inclined. One can find there way more information about MSF.

Okay, let's go back to talking about the synth.

The Rotary FX. There appears to be no way to switch from slow to fast via mod wheel or any control for that matter.

Moving on. Trying to create an MDrummer based patch. When adding module, a screen pops up telling me I have to install all this stuff. Wasn't MDrummer installed with MSF? If not, having never actually purchased MDrummer am I even able to create an MDrummer based patch? If so, how do I get it?

You have, i think, got the MDrummer plug-in within MSF, but you'll need to install the drum kits:
https://www.meldaproduction.com/download/mdrummer-packs
DarkStar, ... Interesting, if true
Inspired by ...

wagtunes wrote: Fri May 17, 2019 2:46 pm Moving on. Trying to create an MDrummer based patch. When adding module, a screen pops up telling me I have to install all this stuff. Wasn't MDrummer installed with MSF? If not, having never actually purchased MDrummer am I even able to create an MDrummer based patch? If so, how do I get it?
And this is the reason I haven't bought this yet.
Downloaded, hoping I would find my perfect sampler, as that's the only thing that could make me spend more money on software atm.
Instead of a sampler, I get boxes telling me to install Mdrummer soundbanks, and no type of sampler anywhere in MSF.

Well I haven't bought any Melda intruments, and it looks like that aint gonna change at this rate.
Oh, and if he stops the intro price, and THEN adds a sampler, I'm gonna be pretty pissed off lol.

Return to “Instruments”