Kazrog True Iron

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Effects Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
True Iron

mix n match till it sounds good

sqigls wrote: Fri Feb 22, 2019 12:01 am His name's WHITE SEA!!??

I've never heard of the dude, but I can't stand any longer than "Hello" .
Yes, his name's Wytse pronounced white-sea... so yeah, hence the name "White Sea Studio".

Yeah I think you'll be overcooking it. I know they market HG-2 as a mastering saturator but I think it's far more suited to instruments - it's not subtle in my opinion.

Good company, good plugin.
Sounds good.
Price is good.
Good news.

MogwaiBoy wrote: Fri Feb 22, 2019 10:37 am Yeah I think you'll be overcooking it. I know they market HG-2 as a mastering saturator but I think it's far more suited to instruments - it's not subtle in my opinion.
HG-2 can be very subtle, specially if you find the mix knob. :wink:

mrj1nx wrote: Fri Feb 22, 2019 7:35 am So question. HG-2 does tube saturation. But Ive heard stuff like "its the transformers that make tubes sound good". Does the HG-2 also include the transformer part? So if I put HG-2 and then True Iron on a master bus, will I just overdo it?
In my opinion, True Iron sounds way better than HG-2.

Anyway, I guess using these two tools on your mixbus will most likely be too much.

True Iron can handle it all by itself. It's the ultimate "saturation mix glue" as far as I'm concerned.

What kind of setting do you find yourself going for in terms of strength and crush for the master bus glue? I find that on max strength it can still sound a bit subtle without a bit of crush added as well. I also find myself reaching for the output gain since the strength knob seems to add a bit of gain or perceived loudness.

For electronic music at least, I'd never use True Iron on the mixbus, it adds way too much lowend density. Probably works better on acoustic kicks which can tolerate more beefing up before it gets swampy.

111C adds a very nice clarity and depth on the mixbus IMO. Quite found of v178 on synths.
Computer musician / Ableton Certified Trainer / Mastering engineer
.com
3OP

nilhartman wrote: Sat Feb 23, 2019 10:53 am 111C adds a very nice clarity and depth on the mixbus IMO. Quite found of v178 on synths.
+1 for the 111C on the Mixbus. It doesn´t saturate to much but adds soemthing nice to the Track.
proud to produce warezless!
my Trap beatz:
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC4J14A ... -FzS9TNa2w

True Iron on mixbus for electronic music is very good! (And not only 111C)

So-called "analogue" software DSP fx plugins have come a long way over the years but still aren't quite there, especially in emulations of magnetic devices. It's significant that the wonderful Neve 542 Tape Emulator outboard unit excels by physically modelling a record head, using a custom-designed transformer.

I've just been testing the Kazrog True Iron plugin (v1.2.4) and I'm partly pleased but partly disappointed.

My analytical tests show that each transformer model produces its own particular level of a common profile of even-numbered harmonics, but the level of these harmonics is UNRESPONSIVE to input signal amplitude. Why? This is presumably the kind of software DSP short-cut that the White Sea Studios dude so often and so rightly complains about for plugins that claim to have an "analogue" sound - "IT HAS NO DEPTH!"

But all is not lost: each True Iron model also generates a profile of odd-numbered harmonics and the shape and level of this profile ARE responsive to input signal amplitude. Odd-numbered harmonics are essential non-linear products of practically all magnetic circuits in which the signal amplitude reaches the 'curly ends' of the hysteresis curve.

Moreover, all the True Iron models yield plenty of intermodulation distortion products (aka sidebands) when driven really hard, producing the much loved "exciter" effect.

Nice one Shane (though I'd love to know what that even harmonics business is about).
Last edited by marcusmack on Fri May 17, 2019 6:48 pm, edited 1 time in total.

an-electric-heart wrote: Fri Feb 22, 2019 9:46 amYes, his name's Wytse pronounced white-sea... so yeah, hence the name "White Sea Studio".
It's actually pronounced Veet-zuh (Like pizza, but with a 'V' ) :tu:

Anyone who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities.

Return to “Effects”