Propellerhead Software Names Niklas Agevik as CEO

Audio Plugin Hosts and other audio software applications discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

I'm not sure if this is good news for PH users sadly...It looks like CEO has jumped the ship the very last moment. I really hope I'm wrong and feel sorry for Reason folks who spent lots of money on rack extensions which obviously can't be taken to a new DAW

0degree wrote: Fri May 17, 2019 2:22 pm I'm not sure if this is good news for PH users sadly...It looks like CEO has jumped the ship the very last moment. I really hope I'm wrong and feel sorry for Reason folks who spent lots of money on rack extensions which obviously can't be taken to a new DAW
I can imagine that's what one would think if things looked that way, but Ernst himself has said that this was a long time in the making. They've been searching for a replacement for a couple of years (at least) now, and Ernst will still be on the Board of Directors (and remain a shareholder). He didn't "jump ship at the last moment". ;)
Win 10 | Ableton Live 11 Suite | Reason 12 | i7 3770 @ 3.5 Ghz | 16 GB RAM | RME Babyface Pro| Akai MPC Live II & Akai Force | Roland System 8 | Roland TR-8 with 7x7 Expansion | Roland TB-3 | Roland MX-1 | Dreadbox Typhon | Korg Minilogue XD

EnochLight wrote: Fri May 17, 2019 3:12 pm
0degree wrote: Fri May 17, 2019 2:22 pm I'm not sure if this is good news for PH users sadly...It looks like CEO has jumped the ship the very last moment. I really hope I'm wrong and feel sorry for Reason folks who spent lots of money on rack extensions which obviously can't be taken to a new DAW
I can imagine that's what one would think if things looked that way, but Ernst himself has said that this was a long time in the making. They've been searching for a replacement for a couple of years (at least) now, and Ernst will still be on the Board of Directors (and remain a shareholder). He didn't "jump ship at the last moment". ;)
I hope you're right

0degree wrote: Fri May 17, 2019 3:12 pm I hope you're right
Don't take my word for it; take his:

https://forum.reasontalk.com/viewtopic. ... 95#p445995
Win 10 | Ableton Live 11 Suite | Reason 12 | i7 3770 @ 3.5 Ghz | 16 GB RAM | RME Babyface Pro| Akai MPC Live II & Akai Force | Roland System 8 | Roland TR-8 with 7x7 Expansion | Roland TB-3 | Roland MX-1 | Dreadbox Typhon | Korg Minilogue XD

EnochLight wrote: Fri May 17, 2019 3:14 pm
0degree wrote: Fri May 17, 2019 3:12 pm I hope you're right
Don't take my word for it; take his:

https://forum.reasontalk.com/viewtopic. ... 95#p445995
Yeah, saw that. Not super convinced :ud:

EnochLight wrote: Fri May 17, 2019 2:18 pm
Psuper wrote: Fri May 17, 2019 1:47 pm If his gaming opinions and perceived history mirrors his product opinions and perceived history, Reason is in a world of trouble. He's way off base on the first, and we can only guess on the 2nd, and I have a proven history of good guessing.
I have no idea what you're talking about, but all I can say is that every feature addition and workflow enhancement that have been introduced since 9.0 have been things I've been crossing off my want list. If he's had any small part in making that happen, then I'm good.

Also, people have been lamenting Reason being in a world of trouble since time began. Seems to be doing just fine, as far as I can tell. :party:
You should know what I'm talking about Enoch, we've been around the block with mutual respect yet often differing opinions. Not many Propellerhead Employee posts go unnoticed by you, or posts at all about Reason. Which is also true with me, not much escapes my all seeing eye when it comes to items I'm passionate about.

Very little has been crossed off my list (or the various lists that continue to pop up in threads all the time, populating the two small remote forums Reason users have been cornered into). And the things some people keep hammering on about (like scalable graphics, mobile crap, more synths, and junk like that), are the last things Propellerhead should be focusing on releasing right now.

Regardless, being both highly critical yet laudatory of Reason throughout the years, I have overflowing hope for its success, and am always an upgrade away from leaning more towards the praise than the disappointment. My hope is that whoever steers the Propellerhead ship, has those first three points I made first and foremost in their mind, and is competent to pull them off. I believe I know how that is accomplished, see below.
Have you tried Vital?

I'm not sure why every thread about Reason has to devolve into an argument about what needs to change or be added in the DAW. We all want Reason to succeed (at least I hope so), and we all know there are issues. This is about the new CEO (who doesn't even officially take the position until next month, I might add).

I've got a huge list of crucial features that I think need to be added. I'm happy to discuss them in relevant topics. And yes, a new CEO will have influence over the direction of the product. But let's give it some time, and not make conclusions before we've even made it to the beginning.

1. recent expansion of its management team

2. an entrepreneurial leader with experience from both large and small organizations.

3. take the company on an expansion journey where we reach new target groups

4. entrepreneurial approach is an amazing fit for what we need as a company

5. By building upon their legacy and making music making even more accessible

6. building on that foundation, growing the user base of both the desktop and mobile products.

Looks more like a business plan, then a musically journey, unlike Presonus. Which will take a lot of time, energy and money away from Reason. Good luck, but this is the same mistakes they have already made several times.

ictools wrote: Fri May 17, 2019 5:35 pm Looks more like a business plan, then a musically journey, unlike Presonus. Which will take a lot of time, energy and money away from Reason. Good luck, but this is the same mistakes they have already made several times.
Don't all other DAW manufacturers operate by a business plan? I mean, all companies (successful or otherwise) have a business plan. It's the very foundation to staying in said business... Presonus certainly has a business plan, Steinberg, Cockos, Ableton, etc...

Most would rather a company keep trying to innovate, try new things, and attempt to expand rather than to remain stagnant. Failures along the way are not to be unsurprising.

Psuper wrote: Fri May 17, 2019 3:54 pm
Psuper wrote: Fri May 17, 2019 1:47 pm If his gaming opinions and perceived history mirrors his product opinions and perceived history, Reason is in a world of trouble. He's way off base on the first, and we can only guess on the 2nd, and I have a proven history of good guessing.
I have no idea what you're talking about, but all I can say is that every feature addition and workflow enhancement that have been introduced since 9.0 have been things I've been crossing off my want list. If he's had any small part in making that happen, then I'm good.

Also, people have been lamenting Reason being in a world of trouble since time began. Seems to be doing just fine, as far as I can tell. :party:
You should know what I'm talking about Enoch, we've been around the block with mutual respect yet often differing opinions. Not many Propellerhead Employee posts go unnoticed by you, or posts at all about Reason. Which is also true with me, not much escapes my all seeing eye when it comes to items I'm passionate about.

Very little has been crossed off my list (or the various lists that continue to pop up in threads all the time, populating the two small remote forums Reason users have been cornered into). And the things some people keep hammering on about (like scalable graphics, mobile crap, more synths, and junk like that), are the last things Propellerhead should be focusing on releasing right now.

Regardless, being both highly critical yet laudatory of Reason throughout the years, I have overflowing hope for its success, and am always an upgrade away from leaning more towards the praise than the disappointment. My hope is that whoever steers the Propellerhead ship, has those first three points I made first and foremost in their mind, and is competent to pull them off. I believe I know how that is accomplished, see below.
Oh totally, I'm there with you. And I'm just as critical, but I think my tendency to see both sides of the coin but admittedly be in the "glass half full" camp is the difference.

But I just didn't know what you meant by Mattias' "gaming opinions" and "perceived history"? Totally confused. :o

EnochLight wrote: Fri May 17, 2019 6:02 pm
Psuper wrote: Fri May 17, 2019 3:54 pm

Oh totally, I'm there with you. And I'm just as critical, but I think my tendency to see both sides of the coin but admittedly be in the "glass half full" camp is the difference.

But I just didn't know what you meant by Mattias' "gaming opinions" and "perceived history"? Totally confused. :o
When it comes to products, especially ones I use, I'm always dead neutral. Hopeful, but neutral.Both positive and negative assessments purely for the betterment of the product.

The gaming history from Mattias is in the equivalent 'ceo' thread in RT where he talks about Blizzard. I just didn't elaborate because it's not worth it, nor relevant except in the way I explained it.
Have you tried Vital?

Psuper wrote: Fri May 17, 2019 7:27 pm The gaming history from Mattias is in the equivalent 'ceo' thread in RT where he talks about Blizzard. I just didn't elaborate because it's not worth it, nor relevant except in the way I explained it.
Ah, right - I got you. I just read that part. Yeah I don't really have an opinion on that part. I have a friend who worked for Blizzard in their IT upper management in Texas, and left when they started doing a bunch of restructuring years ago. He got out then because he said things weren't looking good from a staff point of view, but apparently Blizzard are doing just fine right now. Whether that had to do with them laying off staff or not is beyond me, but... you can only trim so much fat.

No idea if Propellerhead will ever get to that point. If they do, hopefully we'll have enough Reason updates under the belt that we get everything we've been asking for first. Lol :lol:

EnochLight wrote: Fri May 17, 2019 7:44 pm
Psuper wrote: Fri May 17, 2019 7:27 pm The gaming history from Mattias is in the equivalent 'ceo' thread in RT where he talks about Blizzard. I just didn't elaborate because it's not worth it, nor relevant except in the way I explained it.
No idea if Propellerhead will ever get to that point. If they do, hopefully we'll have enough Reason updates under the belt that we get everything we've been asking for first. Lol :lol:
Amen brother, we always find common ground.
Have you tried Vital?

EnochLight wrote: Fri May 17, 2019 5:59 pm
ictools wrote: Fri May 17, 2019 5:35 pm Looks more like a business plan, then a musically journey, unlike Presonus. Which will take a lot of time, energy and money away from Reason. Good luck, but this is the same mistakes they have already made several times.
Don't all other DAW manufacturers operate by a business plan? I mean, all companies (successful or otherwise) have a business plan. It's the very foundation to staying in said business... Presonus certainly has a business plan, Steinberg, Cockos, Ableton, etc...

Most would rather a company keep trying to innovate, try new things, and attempt to expand rather than to remain stagnant. Failures along the way are not to be unsurprising.
You're simply missing the point through rose colored glasses.

1. Record software.
2. Balance audio interface.
3. Rack Extensions.
4. iOS Applications.
5. Allihoopa.

All these have the same thing in common, let's hope #6 isn't heading your way in an already saturated market. Some companies can pull off a wide range of products and some can't. Some times the business plans may look good on paper, but fail where it counts and everything suffers including Reason.

take it easy on the new guy, because I’m really sure that he is really a totally new guy and totally not just yet another new account for the same dude that makes new accounts every time he’s banned. Or something

Return to “Hosts & Applications (Sequencers, DAWs, Audio Editors, etc.)”