Kazrog True Iron

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Effects Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
True Iron

Not everything gets colored the same way because if not even, then odd harmonics change depending on input signal's amplitude.

EvilDragon wrote: Sat May 18, 2019 5:21 am Not everything gets colored the same way because if not even, then odd harmonics change depending on input signal's amplitude.
Yes, so the optimist can say it's half way there, and the pessimist can say it's half way not there. Whether it will get there eventually is unknown.

BTW, is this how hardware works? (Boosting only odd, not even and no volume dependent interaction between odd and even.) I think not, but what can you say?

1.2.5 update is out
True Iron 1.2.5 is a maintenance update for True Iron 1.2.x, and is recommended for all users.

Changes in True Iron 1.2.5:

• Offline bounce stutter issues in Logic Pro have been resolved.
• Preset and preferences path permissions issues affecting Logic and other sandboxed hosts on the Mac have been resolved.
https://kazrog.com/2019/05/21/true-iron-1-2-5-update/
It's easy if you know how

i've been testing this for a while, and although I really like the snake-oil dude, i'm yet to see the magic in this plug. What should I try it on?
It does " something ", by synthetic testing that something is not what my conventional exciters do, but i'm not sure whether this new "something" is worth it.

Well, it's not for everyone, plain and simple.
It's easy if you know how

I guess. Been trying on headphones tho, maybe i need to try it in the studio

To me the effect much more apparent when listening not in solo but in a context of a mix. It can change the positioning of a track in a desirable way.

i think it shines on electric guitars and synths... and to my understanding it is NOT an exciter... it is nothing but different somewhat obscure transformers emulated in the path and with all the new additional transformers being added it is well worth the asking price :) cheers
"There is no strength in numbers... have no such misconception... but when you need me be assured I won't be far away."

Ploki wrote: Tue Dec 31, 2019 12:44 am i've been testing this for a while, and although I really like the snake-oil dude, i'm yet to see the magic in this plug.
What a coincidence. I really hate the snake-oil dude, but I like this plugin. :)

masterhiggins wrote: Tue Dec 31, 2019 4:20 am
Ploki wrote: Tue Dec 31, 2019 12:44 am i've been testing this for a while, and although I really like the snake-oil dude, i'm yet to see the magic in this plug.
What a coincidence. I really hate the snake-oil dude, but I like this plugin. :)
Death to clickbaiters

MadDogE134 wrote: Tue Dec 31, 2019 1:48 am i think it shines on electric guitars and synths... and to my understanding it is NOT an exciter... it is nothing but different somewhat obscure transformers emulated in the path and with all the new additional transformers being added it is well worth the asking price :) cheers
i mean. technically an exciter. It takes some content, and generates new content based on said content, and while it does this a bit differently than my other exciters, it's still the same old "generate odd an even harmonics at various levels and relationships" :)
masterhiggins wrote: Tue Dec 31, 2019 4:20 am
lol

ah i see where you are going :) to my ears it sounds different... although milder... it has more 'weight' than my other 'saturation' type plugs. it has become my first choice when i want to fatten a track up so to speak. but all this is quite subjective :) cheers
Last edited by MadDogE134 on Tue Dec 31, 2019 10:27 am, edited 1 time in total.
"There is no strength in numbers... have no such misconception... but when you need me be assured I won't be far away."

Has the rust set in?
Anyone who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities.

Aloysius wrote: Tue Dec 31, 2019 10:27 am Has the rust set in?
i feel like it lol :clown:

MadDogE134 wrote: Tue Dec 31, 2019 10:21 am ah i see where you are going :) to my ears it sounds different... although milder... it has more 'weight' than my other 'saturation' type plugs. it has become my first choice when i want to fatten a track up so to speak. but all this is quite subjective :) cheers
oh no it absolutely does something different, i agree. I couldn't get close to it with any of my exciters.
(as in, the spectrum shape of added harmonics and their relative level)

Return to “Effects”