VST delay that can do this?:

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Effects Discussion
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Tappistry wrote:Just a thought: you might consider posting this question their subforum if you haven't already:

viewforum.php?f=52
Ah, thanks, i didn't realise they have a subforum here, i just moved the discussion over there ........

PLEASE! Can developers start including MIDI KILL as a simple feature switch with in their Delays. Would be awesome if we had this in reverbs too.
Click for music links... Eurotrash!
MSI z390, i7 9700k OC, Noctua Cooling, NVMe 970 Pro, 64GB 3200C16, BeQuiet PSU, W10, Cubase 13, Avenger, Spire, Nexus, iZotope, Virus TI (INTERGRATED).

Regarding midi kill:
If I understand you correctly, I think Melda's multband delay can do this?
You should ask in their subforum. I learn new things every time i post in there.
But here's my solution to what I THINK you're saying:
Set up a multiparameter to be triggered by a midi note (or cc or whatever you like), and change the multiparameter from "Normal" to "Switch". This will make the MP behave like an on / off switch.
Now assign the MP to the delay's gain and delay feedback (the MP should switch both of these to 0).
Now, when you activate the switch, it will kill everything, and then reset it all to it's previous state when you deactivate it.
If I'm not understanding you, then ask in their subforum, as I'm pretty sure you will get the answer you need.

Midi kill needs to be hard wired into a plugin, you can't hack it after the fact with modulation without getting unsatisfactory or glitchy results.... I think there's a thread in the melda forum about it...

Hmm ok. Don't want to argue on a topic i know nothing about, but in the multiparamets edit mode, you can activate a transformation curve for every control you are modulating, so you could, for example, have the gain fade out a fraction of a second faster than the feedback, or the other way round.
I used this function quite recently actually when I was creating a freeze delay preset (until they showed me an easier way in the melda forum).

For some applications it would work, but for others it'll be unsatisfactory.

Here's a thread about it including audio examples:

viewtopic.php?f=52&t=505401

You won't be able to get the effect as smooth as in the example by creating your own modulation, it needs to be hard-wired in the plugin by the developer!

By the way, you can get similar results by using Melda MCompressor in "custom shape" mode. Then you can exactly tailor how a delay will decay but boosing the lower part of the transfer graph. Amazing plugin!

Mr D wrote: Tue May 14, 2019 7:46 am By the way, you can get similar results by using Melda MCompressor in "custom shape" mode. Then you can exactly tailor how a delay will decay but boosing the lower part of the transfer graph. Amazing plugin!
Yep, opening a Melda plugin is like opening a mini DAW lol.
That's why his plugins seem like such a mess to people. So many options in such limited space. And that's probably why he doesn't take feature requests anymore.
If he adds code to one plugin, he will then have to add it to another 100 or so plugins, and hope it doesn't break any unique features in any plugin haha.

Btw, that custom curve... yeah that's what i love most about the Melda comps. I use it like you said. Just create an upwards curve in the bottom half of the graph, and you will raise the volume of quiet sounds, without touching the transients up top.
Seriously, that took my mastering to a whole new level when i went multiband with it.

And to top it off, if you flatline the lower left half at the bottom of the graph, you will create a gate effect, which will only let the loudest sounds through. Then you can adjust the vertical gate cutoff point so it lets all the important transients through, and then turn the gate back to an upwards curve, and you have an absolutely perfect upwards compressor.
Try that on a multiband with everything over 12k. Radio-ready cheat mode :)

REAPER's own ReaDelay plugin includes the option to add multiple delays of different lengths and pan each one individually. So that's an option worth considering as well.

It's available in the ReaPlugs pack here: http://reaper.fm/reaplugs/
My solo projects:
Hekkräiser (experimental) | MFG38 (electronic/soundtrack) | The Santtu Pesonen Project (metal/prog)

Logic Delay Designer

Return to “Effects”