FYI!! Melda SoundFactory ON SALE til JUNE 30

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Locked New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
MSoundFactory MSoundFactory Sound Library

WasteLand wrote: Mon May 20, 2019 7:38 am
NeoKortex88 wrote: Mon May 20, 2019 7:30 am I know those meanings iam german :D
Are you? Will international people understand the name of your Band?
[...]since you are german, as the word Angst the same impact or effect, as use, for example in the english language. the same connotation?
[...]
I dont really understand? Angst is the german word used to describe being afraid, anxiety etc.. What impact do you mean? Do you mean the word sounds scary to you? I hear that alot about german language souding harsh, aggressive, scary.

You dont say it like in this example: https://dict.leo.org/englisch-deutsch/Angst
Its pronounced wrong. In this example its spoken like the german plural of Angst.
But on the right site there is a right example of how to say it. Pretty much without the english accent.

Btw how did we get from MSF to Angst xD

NeoKortex88 wrote: Mon May 20, 2019 7:45 am
WasteLand wrote: Mon May 20, 2019 7:38 am
NeoKortex88 wrote: Mon May 20, 2019 7:30 am I know those meanings iam german :D
Are you? Will international people understand the name of your Band?
[...]since you are german, as the word Angst the same impact or effect, as use, for example in the english language. the same connotation?
[...]
I dont really understand? Angst is the german word used to describe being afraid, anxiety etc.. What impact do you mean? Do you mean the word sounds scary to you? I hear that alot about german language souding harsh, aggressive, scary.

You dont say it like in this example: https://dict.leo.org/englisch-deutsch/Angst
Its pronounced wrong. In this example its spoken like the german plural of Angst.
But on the right site there is a right example of how to say it. Pretty much without the english accent.
i am unclear, as david stated that Angst has also very special meaning, it used in the english language. i doesn't sound scary to me, i read a lot of german books, mainly philosophers and poets.

in the dutch language the german word is never used, only in books about literature, and a well known german philosopher, who uses it for it's own intriguing way (martin heidegger).

i know how to pronounce it. it also pronounced that way in the english language (i combine all the english languages....), and it used in that way for a troubled feeling, without an object, i think anxiety is the best word for it, i do not know. so Angst is used in the english language for another reason, then it is daily used in the german language.

i hope i am clear, i am better in writing in dutch, about these matters (i am poet and philosopher).

David wrote: Sun May 19, 2019 7:15 pm hmmm…is it starting to look like 57 pages of sturm, angst, drang are proving…almost worth it? Maybe :)
Somehow this triggered a discussion on etymology and use.

Maybe just a referral to the Wikipedia article on "Sturm und Drang" and get back to talking Melda Sound Factory. :wink:
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sturm_und_Drang

Back to topic =) I have a question about MSoundFactory. I often read MSF will be available as a plugin. Is there a reliable source for this. And how would that work? Will there be an input module?

The reason why I‘m asking is because I think about getting the MMultiAnalyzer standalone plugin additionally to MSF which I already own. As the sale for the Analyzer will soon be over I actually feel a bit ängstlich ;)

rumos wrote: Mon May 20, 2019 7:35 pm Back to topic =) I have a question about MSoundFactory. I often read MSF will be available as a plugin. Is there a reliable source for this. And how would that work? Will there be an input module?
I can't say for sure, although it's possible to think about it from a business point of view. This is assuming that by 'plugin' you mean an audio plugin.

MXXX costs 999€ and features a lot of audio plugins. And then there are all the other audio plugins, more than a hundred, all available as a "complete bundle" for 1899€. If MSF at the target price of 299€ makes available a good quantity of plugins and features audio inputs, wouldn't that be not the wisest business plan ?

About languages:

The sound ...

Le son ...

Il suono ....

El sonido ...

DER KLANG !

:D

pretty interesting stuff....

Hard not to think also of Macbeth: "It is a tale told by an idiot, full of sound and fury signifying nothing." Would have probably been a more apt thing to quote:) So, make that "…sound, angst, fury…", though it doesn't sound as good.

Anyway, I look forward to the day when I can sample the phrase into MSF. May it come soon!

mevla wrote: Mon May 20, 2019 7:52 pm I can't say for sure, although it's possible to think about it from a business point of view. This is assuming that by 'plugin' you mean an audio plugin.
Ah sorry I meant available as an effect plugin. Meaning I can use the modules inside of MSF outside of MSF :)

Does anyone know whats the max. frequency the oscilloscope in MMultiAnalyzer can show? The normal MOscilloscope provides a "Max" frequency" knob.

I could try out myself but I can not switch in MSF from octave to frequency in the oscillator.

mevla wrote: Mon May 20, 2019 7:52 pm
rumos wrote: Mon May 20, 2019 7:35 pm Back to topic =) I have a question about MSoundFactory. I often read MSF will be available as a plugin. Is there a reliable source for this. And how would that work? Will there be an input module?
…wouldn't that be not the wisest business plan ?

DER KLANG !
Or maybe a very WISE one, if MXXX has already found most of its full-price audience? Who knows… it's certainly hard to imagine what else that hint about MSF's future (from the docs: "FX and 6-out edition of MSoundFactory") might possibly mean.
(NO inside info on anything Melda, for sure…)

I think all that can be said with certainty about MSF right now, is that:
  • it's already a great bargain if for nothing else than having MXXX and MPowerSynth and MDrummer sounds inside it, fully editable, along with a bunch of new, great sounding oscillators.
  • …and, it's sure to gain many more amazing features, both very soon, and over Melda's hopefully very long life.
Vive DER KLANG!

David wrote: Mon May 20, 2019 8:32 pm Or maybe a very WISE one, if MXXX has already found most of its full-price audience? Who knows… it's certainly hard to imagine what else that hint about MSF's future (from the docs: "FX and 6-out edition of MSoundFactory") might possibly mean.
Indeed, not possible to tell at this point except for: 6-out edition.

Because that's the version of MSF I always use, as I mentioned its usage in (4th post down, first and second edits) :

viewtopic.php?f=1&t=524931&p=7404825
David wrote: Mon May 20, 2019 8:21 pm Anyway, I look forward to the day when I can sample the phrase into MSF. May it come soon!
Wouldn't that be part of the official first release ? I have the impression Vojtech mentioned that. Am also looking forward to this addition.

Is there any way to map a drum kit using MDrummer? I'm not seeing anything?

wagtunes wrote: Mon May 20, 2019 9:21 pm Is there any way to map a drum kit using MDrummer? I'm not seeing anything?
Me neither; thread on this started yesterday:
viewtopic.php?f=138&t=525478

wagtunes wrote: Mon May 20, 2019 9:21 pm Is there any way to map a drum kit using MDrummer? I'm not seeing anything?
yes there is
1.set mdrummer to drumpad mode
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Win 10 x64 with specs enough to run DAW without bouncing any track
KZ IEM,32-bit 384Khz dac running at 32bit 48Khz
mainly use REAPER, MTotalbundle, Unfiltered Audio TRIAD and LION, NI classic collection,......... ETC

Apratim wrote: Mon May 20, 2019 10:02 pm
yes there is
Yes, but that's in MDrummer the plugin, NOT in any of the 5 MSF modules listed in the MDrummer module categories. I hope I'm missing something…!

David wrote: Mon May 20, 2019 10:23 pm
Apratim wrote: Mon May 20, 2019 10:02 pm
yes there is
Yes, but that's in MDrummer the plugin, NOT in any of the 5 MSF modules listed in the MDrummer module categories. I hope I'm missing something…!
but drum kit ??
i cant find any drum kit
there is the sampler
,drum synth

which module are you talking about ??
Win 10 x64 with specs enough to run DAW without bouncing any track
KZ IEM,32-bit 384Khz dac running at 32bit 48Khz
mainly use REAPER, MTotalbundle, Unfiltered Audio TRIAD and LION, NI classic collection,......... ETC

Return to “Instruments”