Korg Minilogue XD

Anything about hardware musical instruments.
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Sounds good. Thanks

Amazing machine! No doubt will buy it.

I am interested in the module version. Not sure if I'm in love with the overall sound though. Been listening to a lot of demos and I think I'll need to get some hands-on with it to be sure.

Hi guys, I'm going to buy a Minilogue XD with the keyboard because even though the minikeys/no aftertouch sucks it's nice to have a keyboard ready to play.

Yet I wonder how can I connect my Keystep Pro to the XD to make full use of Aftertouch? Would I still be able to play from both keyboards at the same time? Do I need to select a particular Midi setting in the Minilogue XD/Keystep Pro preferences?

Thanks.

Just connect it with a standard Midi cable. Yes, you can use both keyboards at the same time. You don't need to select any special setting other than the Midi channel, which should default to 1 for both and thus be fine anyway.

You're aware that the Keystep Pro has small keys? I have the Keystep which I think has exactly the same keys as the Keystep Pro and I find the Minilogue XD's own keys to be much larger and more playable.

Torchlight wrote: Wed Oct 28, 2020 12:05 am Just connect it with a standard Midi cable. Yes, you can use both keyboards at the same time. You don't need to select any special setting other than the Midi channel, which should default to 1 for both and thus be fine anyway.

You're aware that the Keystep Pro has small keys? I have the Keystep which I think has exactly the same keys as the Keystep Pro and I find the Minilogue XD's own keys to be much larger and more playable.
But KSP has Aftertouch keys :) Small keys don't bother me I'm not a player, I just need to press a few keys to sequence.

Thanks for your answer, great.

Stupid question: what does the SW in the global option "Local SW" stand for? I know what it does but I don't know the abbreviation.
If you plan on purchasing your first Universal Audio hardware, you can get a free additional plugin. Just send a PM.

after owning this machine for a few years now I grown really fond of it.
Techno and other adjacent genres
Horse On The Third Floor : https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCyL394 ... n4RdaCYHjA

I have a Minilogue XD but completely forgot about it! Been focusing so much on other synths, I guess I will dig it out tomorrow and give her a go.
<List your stupid gear here>

wangeroge wrote: Sun Oct 01, 2023 1:37 pm Stupid question: what does the SW in the global option "Local SW" stand for? I know what it does but I don't know the abbreviation.
That’s a good question. I assume maybe Local SW means local software, but that doesn’t really seem appropriate. Local Control is the typical name for that parameter. Maybe it got lost in translation or something :shrug:
Logic Pro | PolyBrute | MatrixBrute | MiniFreak | Prophet 6 | Trigon 6 | OB-6 | Rev2 | Pro 3 | SE-1X | Polar TI2 | Blofeld | RYTMmk2 | Digitone | Syntakt | Digitakt | Integra-7

Return to “Hardware (Instruments and Effects)”