UVI Falcon - hybrid instrument - version 3.01 released - rumors, ads, praise, mud wrestling and off-topic inside!

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic

I wasn’t under the impression Avid purchased UVI, I just thought they’d done some kind of deal.

I would like to get a statement from the UVI devs, what does the cooperation with Avid mean for the common UVI Falcon users? Was UVI acquired by Avid? :borg: Or is this only a cooperation about the AAX version of Falcon? Will the development continue independently from Avid?

Since Avid is not known to be very customer friendly at all. They also killed numerous products, for example a lot of M-Audio audio interfaces. Also Protools is not known to be an innovative DAW at all, so I kind of wonder, if there will be disadvantages for the normal users only now, since you now support a very outdated, incompatible DAW and plugin interface?

Will there be an update for Falcon?

AFAIK they didn't buy them out.

Stay calm, it appears to be just another run-of-the-mill cross-promotion:

UVI Falcon and Plugsound Avid Edition are included with Pro Tools and Pro Tools | Ultimate subscriptions and 1-Year Software Updates + Support Plans at no additional cost.

Just like all the other freebies that have come with PT, over the years.
<edit... URL:https://www.avid.com/pro-tools/uvi>

Hanz Meyzer wrote: Tue May 21, 2019 5:57 am I would like to get a statement from the UVI devs, what does the cooperation with Avid mean for the common UVI Falcon users? Was UVI acquired by Avid? :borg: Or is this only a cooperation about the AAX version of Falcon? Will the development continue independently from Avid?

Since Avid is not known to be very customer friendly at all. They also killed numerous products, for example a lot of M-Audio audio interfaces. Also Protools is not known to be an innovative DAW at all, so I kind of wonder, if there will be disadvantages for the normal users only now, since you now support a very outdated, incompatible DAW and plugin interface?

Will there be an update for Falcon?
Avid hasn't bought UVI and yes there will be update to Falcon.
It's just a very good deal for Protools users :)
Avid has nothing to do with the development of Falcon.
Olivier Tristan
Developer - UVI Team
http://www.uvi.net

otristan wrote: Tue May 21, 2019 8:46 am Avid hasn't bought UVI and yes there will be update to Falcon.
It's just a very good deal for Protools users :)
Avid has nothing to do with the development of Falcon.
Good news.
Pastoral, Kosmiche, Ambient Music https://markgriffiths.bandcamp.com/
Experimental Music https://markdaltongriffiths.bandcamp.com/

NeoKortex88 wrote: Mon May 20, 2019 10:21 am Falcon often dies on my mac, Logic.
If you are programming the crap out of Falcon I would say crashes are the norm. For example two LFO's cross modulating each other. Simply save often if you are doing an ultra deep dive.

Otherwise, It's not normal to get a crash.
Falcon user since 2015

Thanks for info.

Anyone here using Cubase 10 on Windows? Just realized I can't input numerical values from keyboard in Falcon, when I double click knobs/sliders. Cubase is definitely not catching values, because the toolbox does not change when I type in used numbers.
Can you check if on your system it behaves the same?

sircuit wrote: Thu May 30, 2019 1:18 pm Anyone here using Cubase 10 on Windows? Just realized I can't input numerical values from keyboard in Falcon, when I double click knobs/sliders. Cubase is definitely not catching values, because the toolbox does not change when I type in used numbers.
Yeah, it does - but you can fix that. Go to your Cubase preferences and under editing-controls, for value box/time control mode, choose text input on left click.

ew
A spectral heretic...

ew wrote: Thu May 30, 2019 2:13 pm
sircuit wrote: Thu May 30, 2019 1:18 pm Anyone here using Cubase 10 on Windows? Just realized I can't input numerical values from keyboard in Falcon, when I double click knobs/sliders. Cubase is definitely not catching values, because the toolbox does not change when I type in used numbers.
Yeah, it does - but you can fix that. Go to your Cubase preferences and under editing-controls, for value box/time control mode, choose text input on left click.

ew
Thank you very much, indeed it works. But...

I double-click the knob, the text editor box pops up, i can select the text but I can't delete it. If I type over the selected text/value, nothing visible happens but after I press Enter, then new value gets recorded and applied. Is this the best I can get?

Been a long time since anything new got added. Either UVI have something big planned for Falcon, or they've stopped caring cause they know it's getting out-competed.

spoontechnique wrote: Tue Jun 04, 2019 4:10 pmit's getting out-competed.
Out-competed?
Sounds and presets for UVI Falcon "Iterata X".
Bazille soundset - Crystalline Textures 3.

spoontechnique wrote: Tue Jun 04, 2019 4:10 pm Been a long time since anything new got added. Either UVI have something big planned for Falcon, or they've stopped caring cause they know it's getting out-competed.
That second one's one hell of an assumption :wink: They're probably prepping for a Falcon 2 or similar, more likely.

Look at all these rumours, rumours every day...

Return to “Instruments”