Cubase Drum Map Setup and Other Questions.

Audio Plugin Hosts and other audio software applications discussion
RELATED
PRODUCTS

I want a drum editor that has lanes that reflect only the voices/articulations of ADD2. These go from C1 to A#4. Nothing more, nothing less. I tried to right-click where you point to in the first pic, but I am not offered the option of 'create drum map from instrument.' Unless, as was pointed out above, I am using 'groove agent.' This does not work when ADD is instantiated. Further, when I loaded the map I created for GAle, it was still blank.
“Darkness cannot drive out darkness; only light can do that. Hate cannot drive out hate; only love can do that."
-Martin Luther King Jr.

Ok. Indirectly, you've helped me get it. XLN audio gave me a map for ADD2. I placed it in the appropriate folder, but it didn't show up. I just got it into the Drum Editor setup, and now it is there, and is exactly what I need.

Thanks for your time, Jan. You help get me there! :party: :tu:
Last edited by Bombadil on Tue May 21, 2019 4:07 pm, edited 1 time in total.
“Darkness cannot drive out darkness; only light can do that. Hate cannot drive out hate; only love can do that."
-Martin Luther King Jr.

Upon further inspection, it seems to be just a modified GM map. All of the lanes after A#4 are still there. Oh well. Best that will happen, I guess.
-Martin Luther King Jr.

Bombadil wrote: Tue May 21, 2019 3:50 pm I tried to right-click where you point to in the first pic, but I am not offered the option of 'create drum map from instrument.' Unless, as was pointed out above, I am using 'groove agent.'
No, this isn't a right click thing. Here it is working from BFD3, which is how I create these maps. Regular click on where you'll see 'No Drum Map' and you'll see that.
Bombadil wrote: Tue May 21, 2019 3:50 pmThis does not work when ADD is instantiated.
instantiated as? Only Instrument Track does this. A MIDI track will not.
It will create a drum map with everything on channel 1, something to know. And again, this initial map cannot be edited, but save to disk and load that and you're ok.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Bombadil wrote: Tue May 21, 2019 3:50 pm I want a drum editor that has lanes that reflect only the voices/articulations of ADD2.
Like this?
drum editor.jpg
Open Drum Editor
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

jancivil wrote: Tue May 21, 2019 4:14 pm
Bombadil wrote: Tue May 21, 2019 3:50 pm I tried to right-click where you point to in the first pic, but I am not offered the option of 'create drum map from instrument.' Unless, as was pointed out above, I am using 'groove agent.'
No, this isn't a right click thing. Here it is working from BFD3, which is how I create these maps. Regular click on where you'll see 'No Drum Map' and you'll see that.
Bombadil wrote: Tue May 21, 2019 3:50 pmThis does not work when ADD is instantiated.
instantiated as? Only Instrument Track does this. A MIDI track will not.
It will create a drum map with everything on channel 1, something to know. And again, this initial map cannot be edited, but save to disk and load that and you're ok.
Yes, of course, Instrument track. I have MIDI set to 'all' though.
-Martin Luther King Jr.

Here is a pic of what happens when I point to where you indicate:
-Martin Luther King Jr.

jancivil wrote: Tue May 21, 2019 4:21 pm
Bombadil wrote: Tue May 21, 2019 3:50 pm I want a drum editor that has lanes that reflect only the voices/articulations of ADD2.
Like this?
drum editor.jpg
Open Drum Editor
Yes. Exactly like that.
-Martin Luther King Jr.

Ok, the only thing I can think of which would not allow you to do that is ADD2 does not expose a map to a host.

BTW I found that you can bypass the lanes and just create separate tracks in the dissolve function; just don't click on the lanes bit in that dialog.

But if you have a cubase drum map working from XLN, you can just edit that to get rid of the useless things you don't want to see, and open your track in Drum Editor, a very simple workflow now.

Yeah, I don't think this map from instrument works from ADD2, I demoed it and same result.
bleak :(

Well, in a way, that's ok. I didn't want you thinking that I was a completely blithering idiot. :scared:

thanks for your time, though. I appreciate it. Although I have no idea what you are talking about with the 'dissolve' function.
-Martin Luther King Jr.

how did you end up with lanes, then? :o The regular way, to comp parts?
right-click on part:

ok, now I am in 'blithering idiot mode.' I'll read about this bit in the manual and come back later. It's supper time here.

EDIT: the only lanes I want are in the drum editor, which wouldn't be much of a DE without a timeline/lane for each instrument/articulation.... :shrug:
-Martin Luther King Jr.

It won't take one from Battery 4 either. However Battery 4 has many of them, including the things I'll use (from Battery 3).

Return to “Hosts & Applications (Sequencers, DAWs, Audio Editors, etc.)”