Looking for a specific digital piano

Anything about hardware musical instruments.
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Hello,

I may be asking a bit too much but I'm very new to this.
I'm searching for a 37 keys (3 octave) MIDI-controller piano that also has built-in speakers and built-in instrument sounds. Preferrably also with a recording and loop function.

So far I can only find the AKAI MPK Mini Play, but the real downside is that it only has 25 keys. The Yamaha Reface DX almost fullfills all of my needs but it doesn't contain on-the-go instrument sounds and I'm really not into synthesizers.

Is there actually something that fits my requirements? All that I can find are piano toys.

Really looking forward to any recommendations.

Have you looked at the Yamaha Reface CP? It's like the Reface DX but with electric piano sounds instead of synth sounds.
A metaphor is like a simile...

kfraser wrote: Tue May 21, 2019 8:18 pm Have you looked at the Yamaha Reface CP? It's like the Reface DX but with electric piano sounds instead of synth sounds.
Thanks for the reply. It doesn't seem to have any other standard instrument sounds (strings, flute, etc) other than electrical piano-like effects. Correct me if I'm wrong on this.

No, you are not wrong. Just electric pianos. Sorry, I was confused by the title of your post which says you are looking for a digital piano.

This is not the all-in-one solution that you are looking for, but when travelling I use a combination of ik Multimedia iRig Keys Pro (37 keys) and an iPad, running Korg Module and Sampletank. iPad built-in speakers are not very loud, but good enough (for me) to practice. Might be worth a look.

kfraser wrote: Tue May 21, 2019 9:43 pm No, you are not wrong. Just electric pianos. Sorry, I was confused by the title of your post which says you are looking for a digital piano.

This is not the all-in-one solution that you are looking for, but when travelling I use a combination of ik Multimedia iRig Keys Pro (37 keys) and an iPad, running Korg Module and Sampletank. iPad built-in speakers are not very loud, but good enough (for me) to practice. Might be worth a look.
Apologies for the confusion. Are there any free phone apps like this that I can use to play the MIDI controller?

Furthermore, I'm having difficulty to choose between the iRig Keys 37 and the Icon iKeyboard 4x. Any ideas?

Regarding free apps, ik has a free version of Sampletank CS with a limited number of sounds (23?) that you can try, with many more available as in-app purchases. Not very expensive, particularly if you don't need them all. If you buy iRig Keys some versions will unlock more sounds when you register, another 48 I think. Be aware that there are differences between various iRig Keys versions. "Pro" means full size keys, if that's important to you (it is to me). I'm pretty sure that the ones with "USB" in the name don't connect directly to iPad, you need to use Apple's Camera Connection Kit. I'm not familiar with the Icon so I can't comment. I don't know of any other free apps to recommend, maybe other people do.

Return to “Hardware (Instruments and Effects)”