Shall We Play A Game?

Anything about MUSIC but doesn't fit into the forums above.

Is Reaktor older then you?

YES
6%
NO
94%

Total votes: 17

RELATED
PRODUCTS

I'm younger than the Minimoog but older than the Space Echo.

@ martinjuenke, I got 2 questions. how the f**k did they get that so loud? and how to german women stay so hot drinking so much beer?

Reaktor? Ha! I'm the same age as this ...

:ud:

I was 40 when Generator was released.

oh, that's an interesting piece thecontrolcentre, looks like an electric organ body of some kind.

jancivil wrote: Tue May 21, 2019 10:17 pm I was 40 when Generator was released.

you mean, pre or about reaktor time? I came into software about the time reaktor did. was listening to all these guys from sanfransisco and montreal and wondering what they were using. I found NI at that point. then csound and maxmsp and shit from there.when ableton was released I jumped on it because I was monolake fan. generator sounds familiar but can't place it... maybe apple?

google is not much of a help beyond selling you shit anymore is it? lol

searching for generator now... its bugging me.

21 in software years is the equivalent of,....what??? 210 in human years?

Personally, I think it's had a nice long life and wouldn't be too sad if NI decided to pull the plug and focus on a new generation of (non-Reaktor-based) synths.
Logic Pro | PolyBrute | MatrixBrute | MiniFreak | Prophet 6 | Trigon 6 | OB-6 | Rev2 | Pro 3 | SE-1X | Polar TI2 | Blofeld | RYTMmk2 | Digitone | Syntakt | Digitakt | Integra-7

NEW GAME! everyone try to find generator. I think it's a reaktor ensemble or apple synth.

generator is pre reaktor
it became reaktor.

Dasheesh wrote: Tue May 21, 2019 10:36 pm NEW GAME! everyone try to find generator. I think it's a reaktor ensemble or apple synth.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Reaktor
In 1996, Native Instruments released Generator version 0.96 - a modular synthesizer for PC, requiring a proprietary audio card for low-latency operation. By 1998, Native Instruments had redesigned the program to include new hierarchy, and integrated third-party drivers for use with any standard Windows sound card. By 1999, Reaktor 2.0 (a.k.a. Generator/Transformator) is released for Windows and Macintosh. Integrated real-time display of filters and envelopes and granular synthesis are among most notable features. Plug-in support for VST, VSTi, DirectConnect, MOTU, and DirectX formats is integrated by 2000 (software version 2.3).
Logic Pro | PolyBrute | MatrixBrute | MiniFreak | Prophet 6 | Trigon 6 | OB-6 | Rev2 | Pro 3 | SE-1X | Polar TI2 | Blofeld | RYTMmk2 | Digitone | Syntakt | Digitakt | Integra-7

Dasheesh wrote: Tue May 21, 2019 10:19 pm oh, that's an interesting piece thecontrolcentre, looks like an electric organ body of some kind.
http://120years.net/the-ans-synthesiser ... ion1958-2/

ok, it all makes sense now. The 120 yr old computer music machine and generator. That's why I had familiarity but couldn't place it. no way you are like70... but maybe I guess. you want to be 70?, you're 70.

jancivil out here like Terre Thaemlitz.
Last edited by Dasheesh on Tue May 21, 2019 11:19 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Dasheesh wrote: Tue May 21, 2019 11:08 pm ok, it all makes sense now. The 120 yr old computer music machine and generator. That's why I had familiarity but couldn't place it. no way you are like70... but maybe I guess. you want to be 70?, you're 70.
Haha ... your maths is terrible :ud:

Return to “Everything Else (Music related)”