Spire Synthesizer

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
Elektro Synth 1.5 Spire Presets Spire

Love the Easter graphics above and also love Spire!! :)

Celebrate the 6th anniversary of Spire Synthesizer with a 60 USD discount on Spire and 40% on all sounds until May 12!
https://reveal-sound.com/

vega555 wrote: Tue May 07, 2019 3:01 pm Celebrate the 6th anniversary of Spire Synthesizer with a 60 USD discount on Spire and 40% on all sounds until May 12!
https://reveal-sound.com/

It's tempting but kinda broke 😭

It almost feels like yesterday when Spire first hit the market.
A fantastic Synth with a huge catalog of quality presets.
I purchased it a couple of years ago and have not a single regret.

Kian Russell wrote: Tue May 07, 2019 6:29 pm I purchased it a couple of years ago and have not a single regret.
Same here... my go-to top synth.

Spire is still my favorite soft synth. Excited to see how it evolves in the future.

Do you guys know of any features that may be in the pipeline?

Yeah, take a look here: viewtopic.php?p=6059639#p6059639
Some long-term plans:

- Extended preset browser
- Custom wave loading
- Granular sampler OSC mode
- Vowel OSC mode
- New reverberator's types
- New shaper's types
- Filter with Drive Parameter
The post is a bit older, and there's some things they already implemented, like, Vowel Osc mode, and filter drive. Also, the way i understood it, Spire 2 is already in development. But, i don't know how far it is already developed, and, when to expect it.

Kian Russell wrote: Tue May 07, 2019 6:29 pm It almost feels like yesterday when Spire first hit the market.
Same, I feel like (yeah, it's subjective) it was the first "next-gen" VST synth, in terms of sound quality. Back then, when I first heard it, I was impressed. Suddenly a VST VA that sounded like a Hardware VA.
Happy Birthday! :party:

anoise wrote: Tue May 07, 2019 7:00 pm
Kian Russell wrote: Tue May 07, 2019 6:29 pm It almost feels like yesterday when Spire first hit the market.
Same, I feel like (yeah, it's subjective) it was the first "next-gen" VST synth, in terms of sound quality. Back then, when I first heard it, I was impressed. Suddenly a VST VA that sounded like a Hardware VA.
I thought Sylenth1 was the first.
Orion Platinum, Muzys 2

What is the full story of Spire? It kinda just appeared all of a sudden from an unknown developer.
Orion Platinum, Muzys 2

v1o wrote: Wed May 22, 2019 4:47 am
Between those two, you're right:

Sylenth1 - September 2006
Spire - December 2012

v1o wrote: Wed May 22, 2019 4:47 am
IMO, Spire is the much more "hardware" sounding synth, think punchy, solid, big sweet spot, beefy (Sylenth1 doesn't have much bass compared) - like some good hardware. Of course not everything hardware sounds like that.

TBH, i never quite got that massive hype around Sylenth1. I assume it rather stems from its popularity and use in EDM music, than having to do with its base sound. As i sound, good sounding synth, and, at that time, probably one of the best, but, there have been many soft synths after it which have surpassed it, IMO.

I've tried the Spire demo four times now and I just don't get what you guys are hearing. Seems pretty bland and generic to me. Shame as I really love the GUI. Oh well to each his own..... :shrug:
None are so hopelessly enslaved as those who falsely believe they are free. Johann Wolfgang von Goethe

Give us Rent To Own option!!!

Return to “Instruments”