Synapse Audio Minimoog emulation "The Legend" for VST/AU and RE released!

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
The Legend

Vortifex wrote: Tue May 21, 2019 7:17 pm
AnX wrote: Tue May 21, 2019 1:59 pm does the demo not reset when an update is released?
I emailed them and they said I will be able to demo it again when they upload the updated demo.
Well that's something, but I still think you should be able to demo it any time. There are lots of synths that I've demo'd a few times over the course of years or even that I've had on my computer for years and eventually have tried and found that the synth gives me a certain sound I'm not getting elsewhere which prompts a purchase.

v1o wrote: Mon May 20, 2019 9:52 pm
AdvancedFollower wrote: Mon May 20, 2019 9:06 am Seeing as Dune 3 has 3 virtual analog oscillators and a 24 dB Transistor Ladder filter model, is there anything sonically that The Legend can do that Dune 3 can't?
The filter doesn’t sound identical to the one in the Legend. The filter was implemented differently in Dune 3 by losing some of the quirks of the Model D version. This was confirmed by Rich earlier on this thread.
Well in that case it might be worth picking up at some point, perhaps during a sale. With the Swedish VAT that Synapse always add, it comes out at ~€100, where as I recently picked up the UNO analog synth new for €140. It's no Minimoog (2 Osc and 12dB filter), but it's no doubt "more analog". I also have Arturia's Mini, and Diva, which are both "close enough". So The Legend has always been something I've had my eyes on but never pulled the trigger.
Echoes in the Attic wrote: Tue May 21, 2019 9:18 pm
Vortifex wrote: Tue May 21, 2019 7:17 pm
AnX wrote: Tue May 21, 2019 1:59 pm does the demo not reset when an update is released?
I emailed them and they said I will be able to demo it again when they upload the updated demo.
Well that's something, but I still think you should be able to demo it any time. There are lots of synths that I've demo'd a few times over the course of years or even that I've had on my computer for years and eventually have tried and found that the synth gives me a certain sound I'm not getting elsewhere which prompts a purchase.
I agree. Sometimes I install a demo and play around with it for 20 minutes just out of curiosity and then forget about it. Then I might come back to the demo months later when I'm ready to make a purchasing decision. I don't think companies lose a lot of money to overly generous demos vs piracy and second-hand sales. At least for me, this restriction is more likely to actually result in a lost sale.

EnGee wrote: Tue May 21, 2019 9:15 amNow, I'm waiting for a Jupiter 8/10 and OB-X(a) from u-he or SA. I'm not sure if Urs is working on Jupiter but I heard that Richard is working on OB-X(a) from this thread or another one :D
OP-X ProII is what you want
http://sonicprojects.ch/opxpro2/broadopxpro2.html#unten
Intel Core2 Quad CPU + 4 GIG RAM

Thanks. I'll check that :tu:

I sure wish they’d implement poly pressure.
Zerocrossing Media

4th Law of Robotics: When turning evil, display a red indicator light. ~[ ●_● ]~

electro wrote: Wed May 22, 2019 2:02 pm
EnGee wrote: Tue May 21, 2019 9:15 amNow, I'm waiting for a Jupiter 8/10 and OB-X(a) from u-he or SA. I'm not sure if Urs is working on Jupiter but I heard that Richard is working on OB-X(a) from this thread or another one :D
OP-X ProII is what you want
http://sonicprojects.ch/opxpro2/broadopxpro2.html#unten
It's an amazing emulation.

zerocrossing wrote: Sat May 25, 2019 5:08 am I sure wish they’d implement poly pressure.
It supports mpe though right? So At least it has multi channel after touch. But I guess you mean poly pressure on a single channel.

Last edited by Vortifex on Mon Jul 08, 2019 11:29 pm, edited 1 time in total.

I finally got around to updating this and I must say the new 8 voice polyphony is an outstanding improvement!
I would go as far as to say that it is twice as good as the original! :wink:

That said, the Spread function is a little bit quirky in 8 voice mode. For 4 voice mode the Spread function pans every other voice to opposite sides of the stereo field. But in 8 voice mode it seems to pan the voices haphazardly to one side or the other. So instead of L-R-L-R-L-R-etc... It's like L-R-L-L-R-L-L-R-R.... It seems random and I can't yet tell if it is repeatable or not.
I am wondering if this is a bug.

Also I am finding that when saving patches in the latest version, the mod wheel position is not saved with the patch. I know this is a bug because it says in the manual that the mod wheel position should be saved since it is the only way to set modulation and thus is a major sound design tool.
I can't confirm whether or not this was working in the previous version but it is broken for me here in 1.30.

working here, so....

mac or pc?
are you saving via the Legend gui or host?
which host?

AnX wrote: Tue May 28, 2019 6:05 am working here, so....

mac or pc?
are you saving via the Legend gui or host?
which host?
Interesting. Mac/Logic and I'm saving through the Legend GUI. I created a user folder in the Legend soundbank folder and am saving directly to there.
Now that I think of it, I have been using it in the Komplete Kontrol shell plugin and that could very well be the problem (even though I am saving directly in the Legend GUI and not in Komplete Kontrol preset system).
I'll have to mess with it some more tomorrow to isolate the problem.

Local Man wrote: Tue May 28, 2019 5:37 am Also I am finding that when saving patches in the latest version, the mod wheel position is not saved with the patch. I know this is a bug because it says in the manual that the mod wheel position should be saved since it is the only way to set modulation and thus is a major sound design tool.
I can't confirm whether or not this was working in the previous version but it is broken for me here in 1.30.
Works fine here in 1.3. Are you sure your host and/or your keyboard is not sending Modwheel data, overriding whatever you saved?
Vortifex wrote: Sat May 25, 2019 6:55 pm Still waiting for them to update their demo.
Demo has been updated yesterday, and the trial period has been reset as well (so if you tried in the past, you can try again for 30 days).

Richard
Synapse Audio Software - www.synapse-audio.com

Last edited by Vortifex on Mon Jul 08, 2019 11:29 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Same here.

Return to “Instruments”