Host for vst and Roland A500pro

Audio Plugin Hosts and other audio software applications discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

hello,
i want to know if there is a host software that i can use to play vst in live with my Roland A500pro.
My request is to use the midilearn or something else to assign the knobs and the faders to spécifics fonctions of the vst, for use them in live to modify the sounds.
I had tryed Vsthost and Cantabile lite 3 for Synth1, TyrelN6, Podolsky, Dexed, but I had never managed to assign the fader or knob to the keyboard... With Cubase, it is not a problem, I dont understand. :cry:
Someone can help me ?
Thank's you

I'm not familiar with any of these 'live performance' products, but other possibilities include Gig Performer, Rack Performer and the (free) Carla. Hopefully something out there gives you the control possibilities you desire.

Check out NI Komplete Kontrol. It is a plug-in host, and runs in standalone as well as plugin mode. Provides MIDI CC learn for any controller to map to plug-in parameters available for automation.

Plus you can load non-NKS plugins and host them in KK. Of course, those will not be pre-mapped.

Discover Komplete Kontrol.
https://www.native-instruments.com/en/p ... e-kontrol/

It is a free download now as part of the free Komplete Start bundle. https://www.native-instruments.com/en/p ... ete-start/
Windows 10 and too many plugins

Hello zzz00m,
You are right ! I had downloaded and installed Komplete Kontrol for free, and use the midilearn on Synth1 and it is working good whith the fader and the knobs of my Roland A500 pro, and all this in standalone, whithout Daw !
It is exactly whath I am wanted !
You are a great expert !
Thank's you so much, I return to Komplete Kontrol to test more vst and learn how to save the parameters if it is possible, and i am ready for the live !!!

:o

Last time i tried Komplete Kontrol, it didn't want to map my controller at all, and i thought it only worked with NI's keyboards...

Hello, You have the midilearn fonction of Kontrol wich had to be assign with your keyboard, so you have some pages with séries of 8 knobs up in kontrol.
And after, it is working directly for me, but with some vst, I had to use the midilearn fonction of eatch vst (shift+option in synth1)

Gregorax wrote: Thu May 23, 2019 12:07 am Hello zzz00m,
You are right ! I had downloaded and installed Komplete Kontrol for free, and use the midilearn on Synth1 and it is working good whith the fader and the knobs of my Roland A500 pro, and all this in standalone, whithout Daw !
It is exactly whath I am wanted !
You are a great expert !
Thank's you so much, I return to Komplete Kontrol to test more vst and learn how to save the parameters if it is possible, and i am ready for the live !!!
Glad it worked out for you! Thanks for the positive feedback!

chk071 wrote: Thu May 23, 2019 12:10 am :o

Last time i tried Komplete Kontrol, it didn't want to map my controller at all, and i thought it only worked with NI's keyboards...
Well it seems that NI will stop at nothing short of world domination! :D

NI have apparently loosened things up a bit for the Komplete Start freebie package...

Maybe. Actually, it's great. Wished it would work in Studio One though.

I got NI Komplete Kontrol (KK) with my NI Komplete Kontrol M32 keyboard. But I was disappointed by the fact that you cannot only load 1 instrument at a time in KK (or 1 instrument + 1 effect).
So I don't know if you use only 1 sound at a time during your live performance, but if you you want quick access to several VSTi's or if you want to layer sounds (2 or more VSTi's playing at the same time) KK will not allow that.

I suggest you try Akai VIP 3.1, even if you can read some bad things about it on the internet (regarding a lack of stability, or the fact that it doesn't import all the presets of all the existing VSTi's in the world), you could try it. It's sort like KK, as it allows you to browse VSTi plugins and presets, which are stored by manufacturers and by keywords (style, flavour, genre...). I've used it for a live show and it works great, is stable. I can have up to 8 VSTi's loaded, controlled by more than 1 keyboard (assigning specific midi channels) and load up to 4 effects for each instrument. You can also freely assign you keyboard knobs and faders as long as they send standard MIDI CC messages.

Return to “Hosts & Applications (Sequencers, DAWs, Audio Editors, etc.)”