What are some "essential" kontakt libraries?

Sampler and Sampling discussion (techniques, tips and tricks, etc.)
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

i know nothing is essential, but what are some libraries that are top notch in your opinion?

Wrong forum.
Post here:
viewforum.php?f=42

Or better yet, just search there, where this question comes up fairly often.
Now that it's been moved to the right forum, I'd be one that says what is "essential" goes to the users needs. Personally go for ethnic and processed samples myself even though I'm using Kontakt less and less as time goes by. When I do open it, the one I go to most and first is Ethnic Instruments 6. I guess that might be as "essential" as it gets for me.

What BBFG# said.

More essentials might be:

Heavyocity - Damage
Spitfire - Albion ONE
Soundiron - APE, Olympus Choir bundle, Emotional Piano
Keepforest - Atlantica

That would be a good start for percussion, symphony, choir and hybrid. Depends on what muzak one is throwing together.

Soniccouture has some great ones. I also think the sample modeling brass is pretty essential. If you like guitars then orange tree and Ilya efimov are good choices. Spitfire audio do have some cool stuff too and the symphonia series are pretty classic for ensemble patches. Can’t say any specific instruments that are essential though, depends on what kind of instruments are your focus.

Definitely revolution by wave alchemy. Has some of the most accurate samples of vintage drum machines-808, 909, etc

Essential depends on your needs - to me small string sections recorded in a studio are essential, while to someone else full orchestral sized sections recorded in a concert hall might be.

But what I consider top notch, that's an easier question to answer. Orchestral Tools and Spitfire for orchestral stuff (with Metropolis Ark 1 and LCO Strings being what I use a lot), Drumdrops for nailing the drum sounds on classic recordings.

Looking at my projects the last 3 yrs, SonicCouture makes for the vast majority of my use of Kontakt, actually.
If there's a rock band element I use Scarbee Pre- or Jay-bass

I guess the intention of NI Komplete is to give you an essential collection of Kontakt instruments as well. Most stuff mentioned here is already special and more expensive than an upgrade to Komplete...
I would add Amadeus as an essential orchestral library, if you don’t need to get into details... (for details in that area essential isn’t enough anyway...)
Not essential but fun are sets from HGSounds, today is the last day of the recent group buy...

timwest wrote: Thu May 23, 2019 11:14 am Definitely revolution by wave alchemy. Has some of the most accurate samples of vintage drum machines-808, 909, etc
I'm not that familiar with this collection, but I like SonicCouture's Electro-Acoustic for classic drum machines.

I also like Heavyocity's DM-307 and SonicCouture's Konkrete for cool drums.

Return to “Samplers, Sampling & Sample Libraries”