Synthmaker / Flowstone - How to prevent ear n headphone damage?

DSP, Plugin and Host development discussion.
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Hi all!

I wanna start to play around with Synthmaker / Flowstone, but ther's this big question for me. I mean, everything is possible when it comes to loudness, feedbacks and such stuff.

Does Sm FL have kinda auto mute if things go to extreme?

Isn’t it quicker rip off your ‘phones than hit some key combo? The best tip would be to not listen with the volume up, the human ear is more sensitive to subtle changes at lower volume levels.

Can you just put a limiter last in the chain?
David Guda gudaaudio.com

Yeah I think limiter is the only way then. 2 hours after posting my question, I had my 1st beeding ears puttin 2 moogfilters together... The volume was at 10% Quick... lol

Dam you quik! With your posting you remember me how much I like the glass viper... One of the best synths I ever had in my daw.

You could devise a limiter,
but the simplest way is to put a stereo clip before the ASIO out.
When doing iffy things, change the range from .99 to .125 or .05.
Then the max level that can hit your DAC is -.05,.05
punch 'clip' into the toolbox search

Have fun!- and all success

there is also 'Clear Audio', that you can trigger. This may stop the audio- it could be fed an RMS to automatically engage I guess

it's wise to think of this, the clipper is a must in every audio schem. You have me thinking of blocking DC now too

Ty nix!

Ther's some really "dangerous" semiprofessional synths out. I'm a total noob with some ideas, so, the first of all for me is to make the backround save bevore it comes to experiments with signal paths and more.

Hava nice day!

Cruba wrote: Tue May 07, 2019 9:10 am Hi all!

I wanna start to play around with Synthmaker / Flowstone, but ther's this big question for me. I mean, everything is possible when it comes to loudness, feedbacks and such stuff.

Does Sm FL have kinda auto mute if things go to extreme?
I keep my headphones half-off when patching anything risky. It greatly reduces the impact of nasty transients etc.

This has saved my ears a few times with Virus TI plugin going rogue. https://www.kvraudio.com/product/ice9-a ... io/details

Return to “DSP and Plugin Development”